Cloud is a gimmick!

#31iamdanthamanPosted 7/31/2013 9:28:43 AM
Shaolin015 posted...
scorpio man posted...
Mark Cenry has no idea wtf hes talking about, and eurogamer/digital foundry stated cloud CAN boost graphics, so please shut up and go troll elsewhere

Sony Ponies and your savior complex with Mark Cenry is getting sad

Next time you see a 16 year old kid in Yale or Princeton, tell him/her the same thing to their face. Cerny went to a prestigious college when everyone else his age was in high school.
I think I'm going to trust him over you

Doesn't change the fact that he gets paid to sya things that will make Sony look good and their competition look bad. He is not a reliable source on this topic. The fact that you take everything he says as gospel shows what a hopeless fanboy you are.

I don't have unrealistic expectations for the cloud. I don't think it will revolutionize gaming or make the Xbox one future proof. But is an advantage that the Xbox has over the ps4, and anyone who denies that is kidding themselves.
---
All your base are belong to us
#32HypnoCooshPosted 7/31/2013 9:31:58 AM
iamdanthaman posted...
Shaolin015 posted...
scorpio man posted...
Mark Cenry has no idea wtf hes talking about, and eurogamer/digital foundry stated cloud CAN boost graphics, so please shut up and go troll elsewhere

Next time you see a 16 year old kid in Yale or Princeton, tell him/her the same thing to their face. Cerny went to a prestigious college when everyone else his age was in high school.
I think I'm going to trust him over you

Doesn't change the fact that he gets paid to sya things that will make Sony look good and their competition look bad. He is not a reliable source on this topic. The fact that you take everything he says as gospel shows what a hopeless fanboy you are.

I don't have unrealistic expectations for the cloud. I don't think it will revolutionize gaming or make the Xbox one future proof. But is an advantage that the Xbox has over the ps4, and anyone who denies that is kidding themselves.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. At all. This is obvious.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#33axelfooley2k5Posted 7/31/2013 9:37:02 AM

I don't have unrealistic expectations for the cloud. I don't think it will revolutionize gaming or make the Xbox one future proof. But is an advantage that the Xbox has over the ps4, and anyone who denies that is kidding themselves

wow
---
The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.
#34YMIHerePosted 7/31/2013 9:42:50 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
scorpio man posted...

I'm not sure you realize that my topic title was sarcastic. I absolutely don't think cloud is a gimmick. I think Cloud will be amazing, given time. I read an article a while ago that said that MS has essential future proofed the X1 by adding cloud. I agree. I'm SO SURE this gen will last at least 10 years, so in that time, cloud will be AMAZING!

It's already been given time. This isn't new technology.

Like my friend says, Cloud isn't really being utilized by anyone right now, but with all the money and resources MS will put into it, it will push the tech, and will actually be utilized. The investment in the 300k servers wasn't for no reason, I'm sure.

My friend says he has a unicorn. Why do you keep referencing your friend like it proves anything? It's just logistics, cloud computing is limited by internet speeds which are vastly outpaced by hardware. You can offload non-essential stuff to the cloud, but that's stuff that was already given a lower priority in hardware or cut out entirely. The cloud is already being utilized where it currently performs best, holding lots of information that isn't needed in a timely manner. As the internet gets faster the cloud will become more useful, but the ideas on what to offload are already there.
#352DshmuploverPosted 7/31/2013 9:55:39 AM
Let's wait and see what the cloud offers TitanFall/Forza 5 in terms of AI (along with pedestrian AI in Watch Dogs) before we call it a gimmick.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#36dearestnightPosted 7/31/2013 10:03:04 AM
A cloud won't magically write better graphics software. It might help in running it though.
#37MrSpaM111Posted 7/31/2013 12:18:04 PM
You don't have to be able to see into the future to know that all cloud computing is, is sending data from a server to clients, which can then upload data to the server for other clients to download.

Thats literally all it is, this kind of technology has been around since network computing was invented.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#38Juzten76Posted 7/31/2013 12:21:14 PM(edited)
MrSpaM111 posted...
You don't have to be able to see into the future to know that all cloud computing is, is sending data from a server to clients, which can then upload data to the server for other clients to download.

Thats literally all it is, this kind of technology has been around since network computing was invented.

Yep, and the PS4 is the same technology as the PS1. It's all about how it is utilized. We won't know until we experience it. If all it did was what you say, then it would not be a hyped up feature.
#39Ch3wyPosted 7/31/2013 12:30:05 PM
Juzten76 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

Yep, and the PS4 is the same technology as the PS1. It's all about how it is utilized. We won't know until we experience it. If all it did was what you say, then it would not be a hyped up feature.

Yeah nothing that has been hyped up has ever ended up being BS. Nice logic there champ.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#40MrJuice13Posted 7/31/2013 12:32:32 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Juzten76 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

Yeah nothing that has been hyped up has ever ended up being BS. Nice logic there champ.

BLAST PROCESSING!
---
The power of Macleod!