Cloud is a gimmick!

#41Juzten76Posted 7/31/2013 12:38:04 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Juzten76 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
You don't have to be able to see into the future to know that all cloud computing is, is sending data from a server to clients, which can then upload data to the server for other clients to download.

Thats literally all it is, this kind of technology has been around since network computing was invented.

Yep, and the PS4 is the same technology as the PS1. It's all about how it is utilized. We won't know until we experience it. If all it did was what you say, then it would not be a hyped up feature.

Yeah nothing that has been hyped up has ever ended up being BS. Nice logic there champ.

Yeah, you really got me there. You've totally proven me wrong. The cloud is BS because other things that have been hyped have sometimes been BS. You're missing the point.
#42Ch3wyPosted 7/31/2013 12:41:41 PM
Juzten76 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Juzten76 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
You don't have to be able to see into the future to know that all cloud computing is, is sending data from a server to clients, which can then upload data to the server for other clients to download.

Thats literally all it is, this kind of technology has been around since network computing was invented.

Yep, and the PS4 is the same technology as the PS1. It's all about how it is utilized. We won't know until we experience it. If all it did was what you say, then it would not be a hyped up feature.

Yeah nothing that has been hyped up has ever ended up being BS. Nice logic there champ.

Yeah, you really got me there. You've totally proven me wrong. The cloud is BS because other things that have been hyped have sometimes been BS. You're missing the point.

Yeah, you really got me there. You've totally proven me wrong. The cloud is not BS because other things that have been hyped have sometimes not been BS. You're missing the point.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#43monegamesPosted 7/31/2013 12:42:32 PM
Juzten76 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Juzten76 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

the xbox one is going to use microsofts Azure cloud system. that is xbox one's magical cloud. read up on it. unless they totally revamp their cloud system it is not going to increase the xbox one's graphical prowess.
#44teehee23Posted 7/31/2013 1:33:02 PM
I'm very excited to experience the Cloud's performance enhancing features.
The Forza 5 developer that introduced it at E3 knows his business and the Cloud for XBOX #1 is revolutionary and a game changer.
---
I don't deserve to be so happy. She luvs me.
#45carryonifucanPosted 7/31/2013 1:50:24 PM
There's some simple logic behind this.

If Cloud was such a huge performance increase/game changer, then why haven't PC gamers been doing it before now? Cloud isn't new tech.

It stands to reason that they would have had it already if it were so great right? Yet they keep making bigger/better vid cards year after year. Why not just go Cloud if it's so wonderful?

The reality seems more it's a marketing tool to dupe people into thinking X1 is more powerful than it is. And before you call me a sony pony, I'm not buying a PS4, and won't be buying a X1 until they remove the DRM loophole.

I know the trolls on this board will write some crap about how X1 is better because of absolutely nothing based on fact. However, thinking the Cloud is going to make it a jesus machine is stupidity. A little reading online will show that.

America's internet isn't that great and not up to standards where any Cloud computing will improve graphics/performance. Even if you have a 1000gb fiber connection, 99% of the rest of the country doesn't!
#46monegamesPosted 7/31/2013 2:08:30 PM
carryonifucan posted...

If Cloud was such a huge performance increase/game changer, then why haven't PC gamers been doing it before now? Cloud isn't new tech.

It stands to reason that they would have had it already if it were so great right? Yet they keep making bigger/better vid cards year after year. Why not just go Cloud if it's so wonderful?

The reality seems more it's a marketing tool to dupe people into thinking X1 is more powerful than it is. And before you call me a sony pony, I'm not buying a PS4, and won't be buying a X1 until they remove the DRM loophole.

I know the trolls on this board will write some crap about how X1 is better because of absolutely nothing based on fact. However, thinking the Cloud is going to make it a jesus machine is stupidity. A little reading online will show that.

America's internet isn't that great and not up to standards where any Cloud computing will improve graphics/performance. Even if you have a 1000gb fiber connection, 99% of the rest of the country doesn't!

PC doesn't do it because its still more profitable to sell games for mid to high end systems than to buy a ton of servers powered by high end video cards. that and almost all internet connections are not able to use it effectively.
#47SinisterSlayPosted 7/31/2013 2:11:29 PM
monegames posted...
carryonifucan posted...

PC doesn't do it because its still more profitable to sell games for mid to high end systems than to buy a ton of servers powered by high end video cards. that and almost all internet connections are not able to use it effectively.

That and having a server farm within 1000km of every player is unrealistic.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#48popping4itPosted 7/31/2013 2:53:47 PM
TC doesnt know what gimmick means. you mean its capability is misleading.
---
whens mahvel?
#49PoloMan6Posted 8/1/2013 4:38:57 AM
I had no idea there were so many computer programmers on this board...astounding!
#50Evel138Posted 8/1/2013 4:58:29 AM
scorpio man posted...
Mark Cenry has no idea wtf hes talking about, and eurogamer/digital foundry stated cloud CAN boost graphics, so please shut up and go troll elsewhere

Sony Ponies and your savior complex with Mark Cenry is getting sad

Cenry certainly knows exactly what he's talking about, but as an engineer for SONY and specifically the PlayStation (the competing platform), he's obligated to downplay any potential as much as credibly possible.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://fav.me/d5g9oo0