Anyone here like/use Windows 8 but not getting an X1?

#1Renraku_SanPosted 7/31/2013 9:33:51 AM
Would like to hear from anyone in that situation. Most early adopters (well, any adopter in general) of Win8 would probably be picking up an X1 too, since they're an obvious fan of MS products.

I was watching a livestream yetserday on twitch and noticed the stream was using Win7. I asked in the chat room (about 26000 watching) why they were still on Win7.

I got a flood of responses like: "Win8 blows!" "Win8 is terrible" "Nothing works on Win8". Stuff like that. Of course, no hard evidence or logical explanations as to why Windows 8 is so bad.

So anyone who has adopted Win8, but is getting a PS4 instead would actually have intelligent comments on why they chose the PS4 instead, would like to hear.
---
If you believe Jesus is a zombie with sorcery powers that allow him to turn water to wine, put this in your sig.
#2WM_PMCPosted 7/31/2013 9:41:02 AM
I got win 8 with my new laptop. I actually like it better than win 7,after I installed a third party app to get the start button back. Win 8 is a lot faster than win 7 in my experience. However I am not getting a X1 because of a few reasons, including but not limited to the mandatory connection of Kinect, their attempt at DRM, the higher price tag, and most importantly, there aren't any games that I want on the X1 compared to many I want on PS4.
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#3RiseAgainst546Posted 7/31/2013 9:41:42 AM
I love windows 8 and use it on my laptop, but I don't want an Xbone at all.
#4WM_PMCPosted 7/31/2013 9:41:56 AM
I should mention that I ONLY like win 8 better because I never leave the desktop mode. I hate that stupid tile s***.
---
#5TrueBlue91Posted 7/31/2013 9:43:00 AM
Windows 8 sucks like hell. Should've been their iOS equivalent only, but no, it had to be thrir next major OS. What a joke.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#6BeastLeeAdamsPosted 7/31/2013 9:43:09 AM
What does windows 8 have to do with the Xbox One besides the tiles? And people don't like windows 8 because it's such a dramatic, confusing change. Hell up until a few days ago when I had bought a new laptop and was forced to deal with it...I hated windows 8, but now it's not that bad.
---
"Go die. Everyone should go die.
Brb. Dying." - NashtheLion
#7saiyankakarotoPosted 7/31/2013 9:51:44 AM
I got windows 8 and i like it,i still dont want an xbox1 because of the mandatory kinect,i hate kinect to begin with,even if i liked it i have all my consoles in my room ps3,xbox360, and wiiu,i dont have the space to be jumping around for the kinect it doesnt work in my room,and i guess other people will be in the same situation.

I love my 360,i like it better than my ps3,but im not gonna pay 100 more for a console that not only is inferior in hardwarw to the ps4 but also requires a kinect that doesnt work in my room and i dont even want
#8Masterchief5525Posted 7/31/2013 9:52:23 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Windows 8 sucks like hell. Should've been their iOS equivalent only, but no, it had to be thrir next major OS. What a joke.

Windows 8 is perfectly fine, it's a faster 7 with more features. Don't see a problem with it. Also buy a start8 start button for $5 and it's perfect.
#9WM_PMCPosted 7/31/2013 9:58:59 AM(edited)
Masterchief5525 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...

Windows 8 is perfectly fine, it's a faster 7 with more features. Don't see a problem with it. Also buy a start8 start button for $5 and it's perfect.

And if you don't want to pay for it, there are also free alternatives that give you basically the same functionality of the old start button. I personally use Pokki for my start button.
---
#10x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 7/31/2013 10:09:08 AM
Masterchief5525 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...

What does this do? Bring up a start menu or place an icon where the start button used to be? I ask because the Windows 8.1 Beta adds the button back but it brings you right to the Metro Hub. I actually prefer Windows 8 and have my Metro customized for my preferences. I would prefer to never go back yo Windows 7.