Hopefully Exclusives wont peter out this time...

#1Mega WolfPosted 7/31/2013 12:14:10 PM
I own both consoles and tend to by multiplats on the consoles more of my friends are playing the game on.Usually means PS3 for fighting games and 360 for Shooters.

For the past few years though my 360 has been gathering dust as I have really only been playing jrpgs and fighting games though as shooters have been boring me.

I know that Microsoft is spending money on Exclusives but damn it better not dwindle like it has on 360, Hopefully more japanese support will come from TGS, though I doubt it.
---
"What's with you and this "purify" thing? For some reason I doubt your knights are packing soap and bubble bath in that armour." ~Ryudo
#2Joey-ZazaPosted 7/31/2013 12:23:12 PM
Yeah well a lot of "exclusives" became multiplat toward the end of the systems cycle.

Mass Effect for one.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
#3WORLDMETAPEACEPosted 7/31/2013 12:30:45 PM
Really boils down to your online multiplayer preference, most people enjoy playing with their friends on XBL as opposed to PSN, no matter what the game or exclusivity!!

Others enjoy Sony's single player exclusives over ANY multiplayer experience, PSN or XBL!!

Which do you prefer??
#4lheelzPosted 7/31/2013 12:31:00 PM
I'm hoping the same thing. I think they dwindled because they got a little carried away with kinect at first. it also looks like they just decided to focus on making games for next gen cause there's so many good looking ones. but that's my optimistic excuse.
#5YMIHerePosted 7/31/2013 12:31:22 PM
Why, as a consumer, do you wish for more exclusives? That's money being paid (or sacrificed) to make sure a game doesn't come out on another console.
#6Mega Wolf(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 12:35:15 PM
Because it justifies me buying both consoles.
Why the hell would I buy both if they both offer the same exact games?
It's really that simple.

If both consoles had the exact same games it's a no brainer I would only buy a PS4 as it's cheaper...
---
"What's with you and this "purify" thing? For some reason I doubt your knights are packing soap and bubble bath in that armour." ~Ryudo
#7YMIHerePosted 7/31/2013 12:44:46 PM
Mega Wolf posted...
It's really that simple.

If both consoles had the exact same games it's a no brainer I would only buy a PS4 as it's cheaper...

So you would like less games overall, so that you could spend double the money to buy two systems to play more games than other people who only buy one?
#8BudWisenheimerPosted 7/31/2013 12:48:48 PM
Mega Wolf posted...
I know that Microsoft is spending money on Exclusives but damn it better not dwindle like it has on 360 ...

They are spending truckloads. The thing to keep in mind about the "dwindling" 360 exclusives is that MSFT thought next-gen was going to start much earlier. PC gaming for the last couple years shows how long "next-gen" games have been in development. But blame the world economy or whatever ... this console generation lasted too long. So I suspect that a lot of the effort and resources put toward Xbox360 exclusives has been reserved toward next-gen instead (dat BILLION $).

I just hate it for those devs who still have to code ports of their next-gen goodness for PS3 and 360.

YMIHere posted...
Why, as a consumer, do you wish for more exclusives? That's money being paid (or sacrificed) to make sure a game doesn't come out on another console.

It costs less to make a game for one platform. Sure there will be more similarities in architecture next-gen between PC PS4 and Xbone. But even "timed-exclusive" can mean more time to really take advantage of any hardware/software advantages.

In the end ... exclusive games are usually better representations of what the developers can do as well as what the console is capable of at the time.

#9sworderPosted 7/31/2013 12:50:06 PM
Mega Wolf posted...
It's really that simple.

Then buy only one and get the other when there are enough out there. It's not like exclusives released on Xbone now will disappear and be unable to be bought in 3-4 years, especially since they're all being sold digitally now
#10BudWisenheimerPosted 7/31/2013 12:57:51 PM
YMIHere posted...
So you would like less games overall ...

I understand the point you're trying to make. But consider this:

A console-maker decides to money-hat a developer for exclusivity. They decide on the amount of money to offer based on how many more consoles they think that exclusive game will sell. The number of extra consoles sold means more revenue (now more than ever thanks to premium content and subscription fees).

If the console-maker can conservatively estimate the future profits and then make a substantially lower offer for exclusivity ... then the console-maker generates more money to pay for more game development down the road.

Result: more games ... not fewer.