Gonna be REALLY scary to see how game stores make space for next gen!!

#1WORLDMETAPEACEPosted 7/31/2013 12:21:19 PM
To my understanding people are preferring digital VS. in store purchasing!! But what about people like me that enjoy the customer-salesperson engagement, barter system, and midnight release excitement??

I know most people hate the way the stores operate and "cheat" customers, but i enjoy doing business with them;

Anyway back to the point... What areas will the stores have to deplete in order to make room?? (I know each system won't have THAT many games this year but still)

The 360 used game walls are HUGE in EVERY store and their new game wall almost just as big.
The Ps3 new and used walls are about the same size combined as the used 360 wall.

And now that a lot of stores trade/sell/buy smart devices, that's another filled space.

Only thing I can think of is completely obsoleting/removing wii games (which has pretty much already happened)
#2chrish909Posted 7/31/2013 12:26:38 PM
Fail
#3SunDevil77Posted 7/31/2013 12:29:06 PM
When the hell was the last time you were able to barter, and where?
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#4userfrigginamePosted 7/31/2013 12:30:59 PM
I'm pretty sure stores have dealt with new generations of gaming before.
#5WORLDMETAPEACE(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 12:32:23 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

I guess "trade" is the better word
Pretty sure they're synonyms
#6SunDevil77Posted 7/31/2013 12:35:47 PM
WORLDMETAPEACE posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

I guess "trade" is the better word
Pretty sure they're synonyms

I consider bartering making a deal for the item at less than the listed value. Which I wish was still doable.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#74RK_4NG3LPosted 7/31/2013 12:36:14 PM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...

You can barter/haggle at many stores. Actually giving in and lowering the price is a different story. It's possible though.
---
It's statistically proven that people who troll on the internet were actually bullied in real life. It's how they cope with depression.
#8WORLDMETAPEACE(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 12:36:24 PM
userfrigginame posted...

Of course, but its almost to the point where your forced to buy online now (and I don't want too), because of the lack of (older) merchandise in stores.

I'm in north Jersey and I can honestly tell you that there aren't many in store options in my area!!
#9userfrigginamePosted 7/31/2013 12:49:33 PM(edited)
WORLDMETAPEACE posted...
userfrigginame posted...

Of course, but its almost to the point where your forced to buy online now (and I don't want too), because of the lack of (older) merchandise in stores.

I'm in north Jersey and I can honestly tell you that there aren't many in store options in my area!!

Well, I haven't been to a game store in awhile, but they could just have one game case for each game, and put older gen games in a sleeve. If they already do that, and there's still no space in the store, then they could just have an in-store database that customers could access, and view all the games, and they can keep popular current-gen games and next-gen games on the shelves
#10Bikes-Posted 7/31/2013 1:29:25 PM
4RK_4NG3L posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

You can barter/haggle at many stores. Actually giving in and lowering the price is a different story. It's possible though.

Most chain employees would probably get fired for it. Maybe at a family owned store or something.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265