Xbox One Reputation System Is A Game Of Red Light-Green Light

#1Dev445Posted 7/31/2013 3:22:48 PM
By Mike Futter

Microsoft is set to streamline its feedback and reputation system when the Xbox One launches in November. The company has revealed more details about how the new moderation system will be woven into the matchmaking process.

Microsoft has taken two key steps in improving the reputation system. First, it makes the rating system more accessible, while also taking into account user actions like blocking and muting. Second, reputation will be color-coded and easy to see when looking at a profile.

Green means "Good Player," yellow denotes "Needs Improvement," and red indicates someone who should be avoided. Reputation is a factor of time and action, with behavior factored against the hours someone interacts on the platform.

Microsoft is instituted a mechanism to help reform poor actors, with a notification system that alerts "Needs Improvement" players before they land themselves a red player card. One of the concerns our readers had after we published our first report about the new reputation system was opportunity for abuse.

Microsoft has stated that a few bad reports won't negatively impact an otherwise stand-up player. It factors in the reputation of the person reporting and whether or not those filing the report actually played with the subject (with significant weight on those that have shared a game).

Xbox Live program manager Micheal Dunn has assured that the reputation system is living, and it will improve as more titles and players come on board. New consequences for offenders could also be added, though we expect that the banhammer will be polished and ready at launch.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/07/31/xbox-one-reputation-system-is-a-game-of-red-light-green-light-.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2Sirian_HawkPosted 7/31/2013 3:28:27 PM
Great so expect everyone to have red cards just for beating other players, being new, picking the "wrong" maps, wanting to try the sniper rifles...
---
Welcome to Earth. It's chock full of stupid people doing stupid things. Constantly.
#3devilkenPosted 7/31/2013 3:47:34 PM
Exactly, I see this rep system not working like they think it will. I looked at my rep the other day and i have something like 63% avoided me 'cause of un sportsmanship or whatever. Thats bull and if I'm forced to play with people that love to team kill I won't be happy. But hey it could work perfectly so just have to wait and see.
---
Gamertag: Kid Dynamite32
PSN: Kid_Dynamite32
#4sworderPosted 7/31/2013 4:02:51 PM
if you play COD, expect it to be in the needs improvement area permanently

how does Microsoft think this is a good idea? it's like their gaming division is run by idiots
#5Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 4:31:32 PM
sworder posted...
if you play COD, expect it to be in the needs improvement area permanently

how does Microsoft think this is a good idea? it's like their gaming division is run by idiots

I wouldn't write it off yet, it will be a work in progress. Its a great idea imo, just have to see how it works and they'll make improvements as time goes on.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#6crucialPosted 7/31/2013 4:33:11 PM
So all the really good hardcore players will have red cards because people hate getting there butts handed to them so people will abuse this,I can see someone with a red card on launch day just because certain hate another and the casuals will all have green cards or maybe yellow,ether way if this is the case I want a red card that means I would be matched up with other hardcore gamer's at least in CoD where all the children/tryhards/campers/team killers will be abusing this feature,and let me guess someone who abuses this might even have a green card,horrible idea luckily I wont be getting CoD this year maybe avoid a few bad reps.

MW2 got me a 83% avoid and 43% of it was unsporting because they claim I camp lol.
#7Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 4:38:45 PM
crucial posted...
So all the really good hardcore players will have red cards because people hate getting there butts handed to them so people will abuse this,I can see someone with a red card on launch day just because certain hate another and the casuals will all have green cards or maybe yellow,ether way if this is the case I want a red card that means I would be matched up with other hardcore gamer's at least in CoD where all the children/tryhards/campers/team killers will be abusing this feature,and let me guess someone who abuses this might even have a green card,horrible idea luckily I wont be getting CoD this year maybe avoid a few bad reps.

MW2 got me a 83% avoid and 43% of it was unsporting because they claim I camp lol.

Microsoft has stated that a few bad reports won't negatively impact an otherwise stand-up player. It factors in the reputation of the person reporting and whether or not those filing the report actually played with the subject (with significant weight on those that have shared a game).

Man I wonder do people even read the article sometimes.
---
#8gobuffalo30Posted 7/31/2013 4:41:33 PM
It's still based on people's decisions regarding someone's rep and most get too angry about losing. In the ideal world this would work but it's not ideal and people get angry online.
#9toadfan64Posted 7/31/2013 4:51:00 PM
Lol, just another reason not not get this trash.
---
Brawl FC - 5412-9555-6314
Also known as Toadfan64
#10Its_No_BiggiePosted 7/31/2013 5:14:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]