Xbox One Reputation System Is A Game Of Red Light-Green Light

#21DeadLock25Posted 7/31/2013 8:34:10 PM
The_Nightwing posted...
Dev445 posted...
crucial posted...
So all the really good hardcore players will have red cards because people hate getting there butts handed to them so people will abuse this,I can see someone with a red card on launch day just because certain hate another and the casuals will all have green cards or maybe yellow,ether way if this is the case I want a red card that means I would be matched up with other hardcore gamer's at least in CoD where all the children/tryhards/campers/team killers will be abusing this feature,and let me guess someone who abuses this might even have a green card,horrible idea luckily I wont be getting CoD this year maybe avoid a few bad reps.

MW2 got me a 83% avoid and 43% of it was unsporting because they claim I camp lol.

Microsoft has stated that a few bad reports won't negatively impact an otherwise stand-up player. It factors in the reputation of the person reporting and whether or not those filing the report actually played with the subject (with significant weight on those that have shared a game).

Man I wonder do people even read the article sometimes.

But if you do good often and there's sore losers on the other team, you're going to be reported more than a few times.

Yeah and those people will generally be the ones reporting everyone who they dont like in hopes to ruin their reputation. Unfortunately the frequency of their reporting is also a factor. Here is the original MS article...

"The algorithm is sophisticated and won’t penalize you for a few bad reports. Even good players might receive a few player feedback reports each month and that is OK. The algorithm weighs the data collected so if a dozen people suddenly reporting a single user, the system will look at a variety of factors before docking their reputation. We’ll verify if those people actually played in an online game with the person reported – if not, all of those player’s feedback won’t matter as much as a single person who spent 15 minutes playing with the reported person. The system also looks at the reputation of the person reporting and the alleged offender, frequency of reports from a single user and a number of other factors."

http://news.xbox.com/2013/07/games-reputation-feature
---
GT: DeadLock25
#22r3flexxPosted 7/31/2013 8:41:19 PM
LmFFFao. It's obvious that any good player will get reported for dominating. Not only that, but anyone using an unconventional play style (shotty, sniper) will be reported. I know for certain I would report every sniper I meet whether he's on my team or not. This system can't possibly work well. It's so easy to get butthurt in an online video game. Give those people the power to do something back that can actually affect them and it turns into a disaster.

Another thing to note is that this ultimately will remove all (at least a LOT) of trash talk from a game. Many of you may think it's immature and that you're a superior human being because you don't talk trash but that's simply not true. Trash talk is mind games. It's an integral part of anything competitive. Football, basketball, you name it. Not to mention how fun it is to tell someone how badly you destroyed them.
---
PSN: ddflex add xFinland for Dark Souls
GT: c4nvas
#23A_Hairy_WafflePosted 7/31/2013 8:50:27 PM
Just report everyone you play with. Then it'll be just as useless as the current one.
#24RayconPosted 7/31/2013 9:06:19 PM
Dev445 posted...
crucial posted...
So all the really good hardcore players will have red cards because people hate getting there butts handed to them so people will abuse this,I can see someone with a red card on launch day just because certain hate another and the casuals will all have green cards or maybe yellow,ether way if this is the case I want a red card that means I would be matched up with other hardcore gamer's at least in CoD where all the children/tryhards/campers/team killers will be abusing this feature,and let me guess someone who abuses this might even have a green card,horrible idea luckily I wont be getting CoD this year maybe avoid a few bad reps.

MW2 got me a 83% avoid and 43% of it was unsporting because they claim I camp lol.

Microsoft has stated that a few bad reports won't negatively impact an otherwise stand-up player. It factors in the reputation of the person reporting and whether or not those filing the report actually played with the subject (with significant weight on those that have shared a game).

Man I wonder do people even read the article sometimes.

So one person can start a vote against a player for no reason whatsoever, and finds himself with instant red status because everyone in that "lobby" went along with it? This is going to get out of hand fast...
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#25BansheeNTDmodePosted 7/31/2013 9:45:26 PM
I hope they do more security against those trash hackers on cod. They should get the bloody red card for cheating so much.
#26RyuuHou25Posted 7/31/2013 10:22:24 PM
This whole thing screams abuse me.

For one thing, this is just me, when I go into most any game, I mute everyone. Every. Single. Person.

I don't need to hear their s***, I don't need to hear their music, I don't need to hear their ideas about how I should play, I'm an objective player, I'll do what needs to be done to win a round no matter what.

There is just WAY too much potential for abuse here, nobody in the world is capable of creating an algorithm, that can do what they're claiming will be done.

You're going to have the ass hats out there that are going to find ways to abuse this, plain and simple. Either through making multiple accounts, or 4chan people just voting down specific people, or getting all your buddies to vote this guy down, so on and so forth.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#27IroncondorzPosted 7/31/2013 10:26:17 PM
Don't worry MS will see complaints and monitor both the recorded game replays and Kinect video feeds of players to determine how bad they are.

Muwahahahahaha.
#28DeadLock25Posted 7/31/2013 11:41:42 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
This whole thing screams abuse me.

For one thing, this is just me, when I go into most any game, I mute everyone. Every. Single. Person.

I don't need to hear their s***, I don't need to hear their music, I don't need to hear their ideas about how I should play, I'm an objective player, I'll do what needs to be done to win a round no matter what.

There is just WAY too much potential for abuse here, nobody in the world is capable of creating an algorithm, that can do what they're claiming will be done.

You're going to have the ass hats out there that are going to find ways to abuse this, plain and simple. Either through making multiple accounts, or 4chan people just voting down specific people, or getting all your buddies to vote this guy down, so on and so forth.

Its seriously like you didnt read anything at all.

Here is a simple algorithm disproving all of your assertions.

Each persons review has a score (integer) of either 0,1 or any number in between. Those numbers (each submitted by a unique individual) get added up and make up the score of the person being reviewed.

Review start >>> If reviewer did not interact (play/partychat) w/ player or if reputation of reviewer is VERY negative, or if # of players reviewed by reviewer is >10 in the last 2 hours and the average of those reviews is < 1, review =x (0<=x<1.), otherwise review = 1 >>> Submit review

The first step is obviously split up into a variety of steps that the computer goes through before deciding on which specific number to assign to the value of a review.

"The algorithm is sophisticated and won’t penalize you for a few bad reports. Even good players might receive a few player feedback reports each month and that is OK. The algorithm weighs the data collected so if a dozen people suddenly reporting a single user, the system will look at a variety of factors before docking their reputation. We’ll verify if those people actually played in an online game with the person reported – if not, all of those player’s feedback won’t matter as much as a single person who spent 15 minutes playing with the reported person. The system also looks at the reputation of the person reporting and the alleged offender, frequency of reports from a single user and a number of other factors."

http://news.xbox.com/2013/07/games-reputation-feature

All of the above eliminates the possibility of multiple accounts, 4chan army, or friends list army downvoting, which happens today. Seriously, WAY too much room for abuse? This system has been improved beyond anything the current one does. You are just looking for something to complain about. And by the way, if you dont want to hear people, make a party (which takes 2 seconds) and you only hear people in your party chat, aka nobody but you. Saves alot of time from muting every player.
---
GT: DeadLock25
#29TheHunger82Posted 8/1/2013 12:08:15 AM
I would imagine that players who send too many negative reports about other players will find themselves under the spotlight.
---
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
GamerTag : TheHunger82
#30Evel138Posted 8/1/2013 12:46:12 AM
Where was the "game of red light, green light" in this story?
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://fav.me/d5g9oo0