Lets look at the real differences between Xbox 1 and PS4

#21CasualGamersPosted 7/31/2013 10:08:21 PM
desperate monkey is desperate
#22RatchetrockonPosted 7/31/2013 10:38:00 PM
TC stated facts, but also included his own biased opinion into the equation.

It's not a fact that xbox one will have better launch exclusive games or have better online.

I quit reading at that point. (actually I got butthurt so I stopped reading)
#23TeremeiPosted 7/31/2013 11:35:07 PM
WM_PMC posted...
Teremei posted...
this is pretty much all known, but it was good to real an intelligent and mature opinion for once. So thanks for that.

My main positives for both consoles are. .

PS4
$100 cheaper
likely will have better looking games years down the road
likely will have more amazing exclusives later

But I am buying and xbox one because

XBOX ONE
very very interested in kinect 2.0
has the more amazing exclusives, AT LAUNCH
has the controller I'm much more excited about holding

You do know that Sony still has like 15 games to announce, right?

And if they are great games it will get me excited for PS4's future. But none of them they announce later will be LAUNCH games. Which is kind of my point. I'm getting an xbox one because it has launch games I actually want to play.
---
last $$: Skyrim Legendary PS3, Last of Us, Max Payne 3 PS3, Project X Zone, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Wii U
Playing: tLoU
#24DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 1:15:22 AM
Yeah there is some butthurt in this topic but most responses here don't seem to bad. Also, I never said Xbox had better exclusives and thats why I didn't list it under the points. I said I subjectively prefer the Xbox exclusives I've seen so far and their features. Of course that can be too much to take for some people already.

ImThe8thWonder posted...
I don't like how you make a certain group of people out to be the bad guys here. I would say you're targeting Sony fans, but really, anyone who has a beef with Microsoft would be labelled as a Sony fan to you guys.

Another thing I don't agree with is your logic behind Microsoft not be the worst out of the 3 major companies here. None of them are saints AT ALL, but Microsoft surely earns the title as being the worst. After all, it was Microsoft that:

1) Introduced the first primary console paid subscription, known as XBL. Now other consoles are starting to follow this greedy trend.

2) Kept important aspects of gaming locked away behind a paywall such as party chat, online play, or the use of internet-based apps like Netflix.

3) Forces us to buy proprietary additions to our Xbox instead of including those additions by default in the hardware, or even allowing for interchanging between similar pieces. By this, I mean they make us buy charging kits for controllers or proprietary HDDs if we need them, and charges a lot of money.

4) Microsoft points are a sleazy way to take extra money from people. After all, the average person doesn't think about how much small values like 80 microsoft points are worth and end up making more microtransaction purchases.

5) Advertisement spam, even with an XBL subscription. When 2/3rds of the home screen panels have the sole purpose of advertising, you know you have a problem.

6) Apparently wants to shift the definition of a videogame from being a possessable item, to a paid service. This is referring to their initial plans.

7) They only did a 180 from pressure and the fear of making huge losses, which they certainly would have. Deep down they don't think they were wrong, they simply made a change because they had to.

Those seven reasons are the reasons why I personally consider Microsoft to be the least trustworthy company out of the three. And like I said, Sony and Nintendo are not in any way innocent. But the discussion really isn't about them atm. Also, before some fanboy nags about this, I know that Microsoft introduced plenty of great ideas. I love party chat, I love their online-focus that changed modern gaming, and I do appreciate other ideas too (like reward systems such as achievements). But their great ideas doesn't hide how greedy they are.

1)Thats not greedy at all. The Xbox still was a 4 billion net loss. XBL was light years beyond any previous console service in the past. They were literally bleeding money with Xbox. This has nothing to do with greed. It just wasn't practical to deliver such a premium service for free. This is way better than denying DRE issues, using much cheaper hardware in the first place at the same price and in the 7th gen, forcing Cell and Bluray whose costs didn't not benefit gamers in anyway. You literally paid Sony $200 to promote their own products.

2)This is the same as the first point, you just listed it twice.

3)What are you talking about? You can buy 3rd party for all those things. Wireless adaptors cost about $25.

4)They already reversed MS points but even then, its more of a gimmick. I don't see how this really even compares to the scale of Sony's issues.

5)Wasn't a problem at all. The UI is very smooth and the advertisements don't hinder you while bringing them more revenue.

6&7)Steam not MS...
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#25DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 1:26:16 AM
Also, I find it hilarious some posters in here call me biased when they clearly are biased themselves. I am biased but unlike the biases around here, I am biased towards things I'm interested in, not the companies behind the products. I was a 360 fan in early 7th gen, then I was a PS3 fan when the games picked up and the console price got lowered significantly. When the PS4 and One were bother announced, I was a huge PS4 fan, posting about it all over the PC forums. Then Xbox reversed its policies and I saw more about Kinect and server expansions along with all those announced games at E3.

So I always will prefer a console but only until it is surpassed by the competition. In this respect, I find MS offers the much better choice as a first console at the moment. Games like Destiny will likely have less lag and a smoother online experience. Games could have additional Kinect features that make them more fluid. Infinite recording is a huge plus for me along with multi tasking in general.

Saying MS is greedy for any reason is just silly. Companies try to make money and CEOs are by law, to look for ways to maximize profits. That is a problem with the system, not with Sony, MS or Nintendo. Sony charged for online as soon as they knew they could. Any of these companies will do whatever it takes to make money.

I am not saying Sony is more greedy because of all the ridiculous things they did in the past either. Yes it sounds extremely greedy that they denied their own failure rates and made people buy multiple consoles and then pay 50% more for consoles so people would by their non-gaming hardware and force developers to use Cell. However, they are much more desperate than MS, who has a much smaller operating cost and is simply a much more powerful company. MS in general has done better than Sony because they've been able to throw money at every problem. They threw out $1billion as soon as the RROD thing caught on and refunded people's money. If people are SMART, they know MS did this not because they wanted to but because it was more profitable to do so in the long run. This is why they accepted a $4 billion loss on Xbox as well.

Only a child rationalizes corporations by their morals.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#26Spetsnaz420Posted 8/1/2013 1:47:10 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Yeah there is some butthurt in this topic but most responses here don't seem to bad. Also, I never said Xbox had better exclusives and thats why I didn't list it under the points. I said I subjectively prefer the Xbox exclusives I've seen so far and their features. Of course that can be too much to take for some people already.

ImThe8thWonder posted...
I don't like how you make a certain group of people out to be the bad guys here. I would say you're targeting Sony fans, but really, anyone who has a beef with Microsoft would be labelled as a Sony fan to you guys.

Another thing I don't agree with is your logic behind Microsoft not be the worst out of the 3 major companies here. None of them are saints AT ALL, but Microsoft surely earns the title as being the worst. After all, it was Microsoft that:

1) Introduced the first primary console paid subscription, known as XBL. Now other consoles are starting to follow this greedy trend.

2) Kept important aspects of gaming locked away behind a paywall such as party chat, online play, or the use of internet-based apps like Netflix.

3) Forces us to buy proprietary additions to our Xbox instead of including those additions by default in the hardware, or even allowing for interchanging between similar pieces. By this, I mean they make us buy charging kits for controllers or proprietary HDDs if we need them, and charges a lot of money.

4) Microsoft points are a sleazy way to take extra money from people. After all, the average person doesn't think about how much small values like 80 microsoft points are worth and end up making more microtransaction purchases.

5) Advertisement spam, even with an XBL subscription. When 2/3rds of the home screen panels have the sole purpose of advertising, you know you have a problem.

6) Apparently wants to shift the definition of a videogame from being a possessable item, to a paid service. This is referring to their initial plans.

7) They only did a 180 from pressure and the fear of making huge losses, which they certainly would have. Deep down they don't think they were wrong, they simply made a change because they had to.

Those seven reasons are the reasons why I personally consider Microsoft to be the least trustworthy company out of the three. And like I said, Sony and Nintendo are not in any way innocent. But the discussion really isn't about them atm. Also, before some fanboy nags about this, I know that Microsoft introduced plenty of great ideas. I love party chat, I love their online-focus that changed modern gaming, and I do appreciate other ideas too (like reward systems such as achievements). But their great ideas doesn't hide how greedy they are.

1)Thats not greedy at all. The Xbox still was a 4 billion net loss. XBL was light years beyond any previous console service in the past. They were literally bleeding money with Xbox. This has nothing to do with greed. It just wasn't practical to deliver such a premium service for free. This is way better than denying DRE issues, using much cheaper hardware in the first place at the same price and in the 7th gen, forcing Cell and Bluray whose costs didn't not benefit gamers in anyway. You literally paid Sony $200 to promote their own products.

2)This is the same as the first point, you just listed it twice.

3)What are you talking about? You can buy 3rd party for all those things. Wireless adaptors cost about $25.

4)They already reversed MS points but even then, its more of a gimmick. I don't see how this really even compares to the scale of Sony's issues.

5)Wasn't a problem at all. The UI is very smooth and the advertisements don't hinder you while bringing them more revenue.

6&7)Steam not MS...

Your name is truth
---
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#27DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 2:05:26 AM
And I just hurt another Ponies feelings.
---
#28BloodyDove2vsPosted 8/1/2013 2:05:28 AM
Raycon posted...
TC has a preference. Clearly the man is biased.

Spot on Chap!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#29SneakiestNegPosted 8/1/2013 2:35:41 AM
I have the feeling that the XboxOne is mostly for North America. Which is fine, but I live in continental Europe. Is this assumption false? Wait and see.
#30pigman2003Posted 8/1/2013 2:36:02 AM
WM_PMC posted...
Teremei posted...
this is pretty much all known, but it was good to real an intelligent and mature opinion for once. So thanks for that.

My main positives for both consoles are. .

PS4
$100 cheaper
likely will have better looking games years down the road
likely will have more amazing exclusives later

But I am buying and xbox one because

XBOX ONE
very very interested in kinect 2.0
has the more amazing exclusives, AT LAUNCH
has the controller I'm much more excited about holding

You do know that Sony still has like 15 games to announce, right?

Infamous Second Son
Knack
Killzone
Driveclub
Planetside 2
Deep Down
DC Universe Online
The Order
Octodad
Blacklight Retribution
Hohokum
Dying light