Payment Options

#1KID VIDPosted 7/31/2013 8:07:45 PM
I know we're no longer going to use Microsoft points, but real money instead. Has there been any word on maybe having an option to "gift" another player some money?

One thing I would like implemented into the system somehow is the ability to buy someone's gamertag from them. Maybe Player A can send Player B a request and offer to buy the gamertag. Player B will have 30 days to respond to the offer.

I'm not looking to getting a new gamertag, but I know some people would like some that are taken already. What do you think about this idea? Cool or dumb?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#2Bikes-Posted 7/31/2013 8:14:11 PM
The gamertag idea seems like it would lead to a lot of poor people who were lucky enough to get highly desirable names getting endless spam of will you sell me the name for 5 cents.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#3KID VID(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 8:21:18 PM
Bikes- posted...
The gamertag idea seems like it would lead to a lot of poor people who were lucky enough to get highly desirable names getting endless spam of will you sell me the name for 5 cents.

Maybe a fee of $20 should be the standard. I know it might be a little too much for some people, but how badly would you like a certain gamertag? Yeah, I didn't think about all the spam a person will receive in any given day. Maybe there's some way around that.
---
#4JGA1980Posted 8/1/2013 12:00:49 AM(edited)
Giving players the ability to transfer money, gifts with real world value or Gamertags to one another will just lead to more scams and tears.

For the few tangible benefits, it's not worth the hassle, neither for Microsoft to police this new market and ensure every trade and transfer is legit, nor for the players to deal with the influx of spam messages begging for gifts or money, not to mention the issues of sales tax, tax on profits made and the dubious issue of being able to use gifts to count against tax, which will be a hassle for both the players and Microsoft.

Valve may allow it's users to do similar things with Steam, but they're primarily a "members only" retailer and already have the infrastructure in place to do with the issues that arise from things like this, although if you ever want to see some Grade A Panhandling, just view the forum of any game that is on sale and you'll be sure to find threads started by people begging for the game. I'd hate for that level of begging to infect Xbox Live.
#5KID VID(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 3:06:03 PM
JGA1980 posted...
Giving players the ability to transfer money, gifts with real world value or Gamertags to one another will just lead to more scams and tears.

For the few tangible benefits, it's not worth the hassle, neither for Microsoft to police this new market and ensure every trade and transfer is legit, nor for the players to deal with the influx of spam messages begging for gifts or money, not to mention the issues of sales tax, tax on profits made and the dubious issue of being able to use gifts to count against tax, which will be a hassle for both the players and Microsoft.

Valve may allow it's users to do similar things with Steam, but they're primarily a "members only" retailer and already have the infrastructure in place to do with the issues that arise from things like this, although if you ever want to see some Grade A Panhandling, just view the forum of any game that is on sale and you'll be sure to find threads started by people begging for the game. I'd hate for that level of begging to infect Xbox Live.

You make excellent points. Thanks for sharing your insight.
---