I'm worried the hardcore gaming community will switch to PS4

#11BSerenityPosted 7/31/2013 10:11:02 PM
RiseAgainst546 posted...
CoD and Halo dudebros are not part of the hardcore community. Those are the definition of casual games targeting casual audiences.

The PS3 community is hardcore. We should be worried about the casual community coming to the PS4, if anything.

You do realize that this "casual" community is EVERYWHERE...
PS4 will not be exempt from this community just like the X1.
---
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!
#12NSGraphitePosted 7/31/2013 10:14:37 PM
Come to the PS4. You know you want to. It's okay. We'll be gentle...
---
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#13BansheeNTDmodePosted 7/31/2013 10:24:20 PM
I hope the hardcore community do go to the ps4. Let the casuals who don't give a **** about achievements repopulate the xbox. I hate the hardcore ***wipes on cod bragging about kd ratios and rage quitting if they don't get their 2.0 kds. I remember when we played for fun on mw2.
#14monegamesPosted 7/31/2013 10:24:41 PM
ElJorge007 posted...
Really not wanting to troll the TC, but you do realize the ps3 was significantly more powerful than the xbox 360, right? The difference between the next gen is actually ridiculously insignificant in comparison.

not quite. ps3's cell processor was stronger than the 360 cpu. but the 360 had top line gpu on release, and it had more memory as well. ps3 didn't have party chat because the system didn't have enough ram, xbox also had more memory bandwith. http://majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-1-of-4/
#15jastenPosted 7/31/2013 10:37:02 PM
I'm disappointed... but this has been MS and the Xbox for the past few years. I used to get excited about Xbox exclusives with games like Mass Effect, Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyseey and such... but over the past 2 or 3 years they've lost those to multiplatform for the most part and have very very few games left that really sells the system to me personally. Fable IV could possibly entice me... Halo and Gears are both wait and sees now. And that is it really... there announced exclusives for the One don't have me the least bit excited.

It is just so damn weird that the company that gave us great exclusives in both the original Xbox and the 360 has so greatly tacked away from that.... do they really expect the Kinect and TV to sell the system? I just don't really see that happening.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#16Top_BlokePosted 7/31/2013 10:49:55 PM
Hardcore gaming community will have both + Wii U.

That's why they're hardcore
#17DemonKiller007Posted 8/1/2013 1:01:50 AM
RiseAgainst546 posted...
CoD and Halo dudebros are not part of the hardcore community. Those are the definition of casual games targeting casual audiences.

The PS3 community is hardcore. We should be worried about the casual community coming to the PS4, if anything.

This.
---
(Empty)
#18zephirrainesPosted 8/1/2013 1:06:14 AM
Has no games, real hardcore gamers go for the games and not Knack and KZ.
#19CapwnDPosted 8/1/2013 1:07:16 AM
TMOG posted...
So... why does this bother you so much

It doesn't. He's an attention whore, just trying different attention whore topics.

He was pretending to be an over the top Xbox fanboy a few days ago, to see what would bite.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#20zephirrainesPosted 8/1/2013 1:07:52 AM
RiseAgainst546 posted...

Stop lying to yourself. Knack is by definition casual and even the devs have admitted it and Halo takes way more skill than Uncharted. Of course you also ignore that the top selling game on the ps3 is CoD and that they are launching KZ a fpser that is good but so generic it gets lost in the shuffle.

Definition of casual is dudebros like you who think every game needs to be tailored to their own tastes.