Xbox One to support Capture Cards just as the Xbox 360

#1BRKsEDUPosted 8/1/2013 6:04:01 AM
Not sure if anyone posted this before but I couldn't find anything so here it is: http://kotaku.com/you-can-use-video-capture-devices-on-xbox-one-but-what-985846898
#2SunDevil77Posted 8/1/2013 6:14:54 AM
That's nice, I suppose. I'm not too into recording, so the implemented share feature will do more than enough for me
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#3Special-EddPosted 8/1/2013 6:23:58 AM
It's good news for the people with youtube channels since I am sure the editing tools are nowhere near as good as the software on PCs. Hopefully the PS4 allows the same thing.
---
Playing: Transformers: FOC, Battlefield 3 Anticipating: Batman: Arkham Origins. Titanfall. Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#4supermoc10Posted 8/1/2013 6:25:36 AM
Wow... Is that really considered news now?
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#5Special-EddPosted 8/1/2013 6:27:52 AM
supermoc10 posted...

Why not? I'm sure the people who bought expensive capture cards wanted to know this.
---
Playing: Transformers: FOC, Battlefield 3 Anticipating: Batman: Arkham Origins. Titanfall. Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#6Yomonachi4Posted 8/1/2013 6:44:08 AM
I honestly thought this was obvious but yeah MS has been blocking stuff so it is news.
#7supermoc10Posted 8/1/2013 6:47:49 AM
specialed1583 posted...
supermoc10 posted...

Why not? I'm sure the people who bought expensive capture cards wanted to know this.

It uses HDMI. Anyone could've figured that it supported capture-cards. The better question would be if it has HDCP-encryption (which btw, both the PS4 and X1 have).
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#8BRKsEDU(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 6:53:03 AM
supermoc10 posted...
specialed1583 posted...
supermoc10 posted...

It uses HDMI. Anyone could've figured that it supported capture-cards. The better question would be if it has HDCP-encryption (which btw, both the PS4 and X1 have).

HDCP-encryption on games would mean that the console does not support Capture Cards.

Of course you can always find a way around it (HDMI -> Component or HDMI -> DVI -> HDMI) but it's time and money consuming.
#9CapnStankyPosted 8/1/2013 6:57:15 AM
Yomonachi4 posted...
I honestly thought this was obvious but yeah MS has been blocking stuff so it is news.

What an idiotic post. Sony blocked it. MS never did.
#10MrSpaM111Posted 8/1/2013 7:10:34 AM
CapnStanky posted...
Yomonachi4 posted...

What an idiotic post. Sony blocked it. MS never did.

Sony added encryption to stop people making copies of blu ray movies

Microsoft are also going to have to add encryption to stop the same thing from happening.

The XBO might support capture cards, but I wouldn't hold your breath that it supports current ones, you'll have to buy a new one that supports the video encryption the XBO uses.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628