John Carmack says thats kinect 2 sucks, ANYTHING would be better than kinect

#91Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/2/2013 3:10:07 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
_Mad_Hatter_ posted...
Did you watch the Kinect video?

Dude fully accepts new things, namely the new touch screen tech. But to be clear he's not exactly against Kinect as a thing, he against how it is now. He doesn't like it while it's still in its infancy. He said it has a future, he just doesn't think that future is now.

He pretty much said outside of party games he doesn't see a good use for it, as it is now. Because of the time latency issues with regards to the movement tracking.

...and this is EXACTLY why the device should be an optional peripheral and not a mandatory purchase or console requirement.

-

I agree.

Reason why I still didn't buy a Kinect with my 360.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#92coltsfan4ever31Posted 8/2/2013 7:19:11 PM
656stooge posted...
I like Carmack and agree with him, but does anyone else think he looks like a lesbian Kevin Bacon?

lmao
---
---PSN:coltslover31
#93Ryan-06Posted 8/2/2013 9:13:51 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
jaydig posted...
Whoever he is, he's probably right. I've been pleased with my 360, but have no interest in motion controls. None. I don't want to shout at my TV or flail about. Fortunately, I have no brand loyalty. Maybe PS4 is a better option. I enjoyed my PS1 and 2 before making the leap to MS. Since I'm not buying either at launch, I'll just have to wade through the drek that is gamefaqs to see what the popular opinion is.

Yay, shadowrun fans!

I agree with Monkey. I was a PS1-2 owner, got a 360 this gen, but had absolutely 0 interest in motion gimmicks and crap. Kinect 2 won't do much either. If the last one is an indicator, it'll end up mostly with casual crap games likes sports, and exercise simulators. I lol at when Steel Battalion was supposed to be the "hardcore game for kinect!", then met with awful reviews and broken controls.

Developers care about the core game first and foremost, not flailing around in front of kinect to play. controller still works best until real VR games are achieved.

I like your sig jaydig- meanwhile.. fankids are defending console hardware with their lives, just that the MDF is worse as they never want to concede when MS has screwed up with anything and justify it every time.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TozprFrnn10
#94Ryan-06Posted 8/3/2013 1:03:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#95ILikesCheesePosted 8/3/2013 11:53:30 AM
_Mad_Hatter_ posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
_Mad_Hatter_ posted...
Dude fully accepts new things, namely the new touch screen tech. But to be clear he's not exactly against Kinect as a thing, he against how it is now. He doesn't like it while it's still in its infancy. He said it has a future, he just doesn't think that future is now.

He pretty much said outside of party games he doesn't see a good use for it, as it is now. Because of the time latency issues with regards to the movement tracking.

...and this is EXACTLY why the device should be an optional peripheral and not a mandatory purchase or console requirement.-

I agree, but I just felt I should point out that John isn't bashing the Kinect just cause.

Yes, he simply points out that the device isn't all that Microsoft promises it to be (the sun, the moon, the stars...) and by that implies that it shouldn't be necessary for the console.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#96TiamatKillerPosted 8/3/2013 12:51:46 PM
The first Kinect flopped, many people ridiculed it.

Now that MS is making it a mandatory purchase, it's all of a sudden revolutionary and a good thing with endless possibilities?

What?
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912
#97sworderPosted 8/3/2013 12:58:43 PM
TiamatKiller posted...
The first Kinect flopped, many people ridiculed it.

Now that MS is making it a mandatory purchase, it's all of a sudden revolutionary and a good thing with endless possibilities?

What?

They are conformists

If the Kinect wasn't forced into the Xbone bundle, most of the people praising it now probably wouldn't even care about buying it
#98Hydroflame20Posted 8/3/2013 3:27:46 PM
eibon posted...
yazman666 posted...
Kinect suckes PPL ..move on im an xbox 360 fan boy....and i could see it from the beggining ..so move on....KINECT SUCKS!!!!!!

sadly too few xbox fans can accept this simple truth. our work here is not yet done.

I have lol it makes me sick that these ***** are still trying to force a piece of crap on us
---
"A mage is but a larval form of something even greater! Your Chantry vilifies us, calls us abominations when we have truly reached our full potential.
#99eibon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 4:13:57 PM
Hydroflame20 posted...
eibon posted...
yazman666 posted...
Kinect suckes PPL ..move on im an xbox 360 fan boy....and i could see it from the beggining ..so move on....KINECT SUCKS!!!!!!

sadly too few xbox fans can accept this simple truth. our work here is not yet done.

I have lol it makes me sick that these ***** are still trying to force a piece of crap on us

agreed, there should be a separate "sesame street" bundle or maybe a "dancing mini-game" bundle for those that want the kinect.
#100Ryan-06Posted 8/3/2013 9:16:27 PM
I'm Batman.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TozprFrnn10