Is this what we're looking forward to with Xbox indie gaming?

#1knightimexPosted 8/2/2013 5:07:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaaSWZLC6yE

Reminds me of the Atari crash

*shudders*
---
Next gen (Wii U, XB1, PS4) FTW!!!!
#2jaydigPosted 8/2/2013 5:16:32 AM
Wow I can't listen to those two for more than a few seconds, so I'm not sure what you're mad about. Half a million people watched that video?!

Is this what we're looking forward to with crappy youtube videos?
#3knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 5:38:56 AM
Their voices should be the least of your worries.
---
Next gen (Wii U, XB1, PS4) FTW!!!!
#4HypnoCooshPosted 8/2/2013 5:56:52 AM
That's ok I'm pretty sure the Ouya is proving real quick people are not going to pay money for indie garbage on a console.

Maybe the indie revolution is a good thing for the gaming industry in retrospect. Kind of like how MP3's in a sense have saved CD's because the quality of MP3 is horrid compared to CD. CD compared to vinyl is crap but CD's are inexpensive to mass produce.

Sure there will be some indie games worth playing but the majority is crap.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#5FoppePosted 8/2/2013 6:21:38 AM
HypnoCoosh posted...
That's ok I'm pretty sure the Ouya is proving real quick people are not going to pay money for indie garbage on a console.

Maybe the indie revolution is a good thing for the gaming industry in retrospect. Kind of like how MP3's in a sense have saved CD's because the quality of MP3 is horrid compared to CD. CD compared to vinyl is crap but CD's are inexpensive to mass produce.

Vinyl have returned lately, how does that work with your analogue?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6Ch3wyPosted 8/2/2013 6:27:23 AM
Foppe posted...
HypnoCoosh posted...

Also both CDs and high bitrate MP3s are factually superior to Vinyl. Anyone who knows dick about audio sampling, Nyquist theorem, and audio compression algorithms knows that.

Vinyl is like having a 12 bit, low sample rate audio file with a bunch of artifacts.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#7FoppePosted 8/2/2013 6:42:10 AM(edited)
Ch3wy posted...
Foppe posted...
HypnoCoosh posted...

Also both CDs and high bitrate MP3s are factually superior to Vinyl. Anyone who knows dick about audio sampling, Nyquist theorem, and audio compression algorithms knows that.

Vinyl is like having a 12 bit, low sample rate audio file with a bunch of artifacts.

One important point is that the loudness war didn't kill vinyls while we got multiple CD's destroyed by it.

---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#8Ch3wyPosted 8/2/2013 6:49:20 AM
Foppe posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Foppe posted...
HypnoCoosh posted...

One important point is that the loudness war didn't kill vinyls while we got multiple CD's destroyed by it.

Vinyl are often mastered better, yeah. But that's not the medium's fault.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#9HypnoCooshPosted 8/2/2013 8:44:53 AM(edited)
Ch3wy posted...
Foppe posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Foppe posted...
HypnoCoosh posted...

Vinyl are often mastered better, yeah. But that's not the medium's fault.

It's all subjective. Analog has an infinite in resolution in theory. Any time you digitize a signal you're running it through a filter this is a fact.

Vinyl is superior IMO. It's all about the quality of the signal and system entropy. But this argument has been debated time and time again. It's all about what sounds good to you, i was just paying homage to vinyl when I mentioned it. I listen to vinyl quite extensively every day.

My analogy was strictly that the poor quality of many mp3's are in a way a saving grace for CD's. It's not fact or stone it was an opinion why does everyone got such a hard on to aggressively argue about opinions.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~