John Carmack says Kinect won't snoop on users, that laptops have cameras as well

#161THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 8/3/2013 11:00:30 PM(edited)
Evel138 posted...
Again, when the government starts to position itself to disarm the populace.....when free speech is being silenced.......when the hundreds of political dissidents with a national stage start to disappear in the night......THEN I might be apt to consider the government "spying" on me scratching my ass a bit more seriously.

A rash gun control bill was proposed in the Senate,

CIA silencing operatives with knowledge of Benghazi operations,

Associated Press reporters and Fox News correspondent James Rosen wrongly spied on and falsely accused as a "co-conspirator",

The IRS wrongly targeting conservative groups,

The NSA wrongly spying on American citizens,

etc.

What you expect are upfront actions taken by the government, like police/military busting down doors to confiscate guns or shooting people for protesting. That isn't how it works, and that's why you shouldn't expect that. These things happen incrementally, and by the time these actions are realized, the consequences are already too late to reverse.

Even with all that evidence presented (and there are many more examples, but I know you'd quickly label them "conspiracy theories"), you still only "may consider" believing that the government isn't becoming tyrannical.

My God man...you are simply too far gone to even bother helping see the truth. But that's just it, isn't it? You don't really want the truth. You claim to want the truth only to deny it when all the evidence is given because you feel uncomfortable in seeing the world for what it really is.

People, from this point on, let us agree to leave Evel138 be. He doesn't want the truth, he only wants to discredit you for speaking it. Evel, and people in agreement with him, ultimately deserve the coming tyranny and their rights to taken along with it.
#162kayoticdreamzPosted 8/4/2013 12:26:39 AM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
Evel138 posted...
Again, when the government starts to position itself to disarm the populace.....when free speech is being silenced.......when the hundreds of political dissidents with a national stage start to disappear in the night......THEN I might be apt to consider the government "spying" on me scratching my ass a bit more seriously.

Associated Press reporters and Fox News correspondent James Rosen wrongly spied on and falsely accused as a "co-conspirator",

etc.

What you expect are upfront actions taken by the government, like police/military busting down doors to confiscate guns or shooting people for protesting. That isn't how it works, and that's why you shouldn't expect that. These things happen incrementally, and by the time these actions are realized, the consequences are already too late to reverse.

Even with all that evidence presented (and there are many more examples, but I know you'd quickly label them "conspiracy theories"), you still only "may consider" believing that the government isn't becoming tyrannical.

My God man...you are simply too far gone to even bother helping see the truth. But that's just it, isn't it? You don't really want the truth. You claim to want the truth only to deny it when all the evidence is given because you feel uncomfortable in seeing the world for what it really is.

People, from this point on, let us agree to leave Evel138 be. He doesn't want the truth, he only wants to discredit you for speaking it. Evel, and people in agreement with him, ultimately deserve the coming tyranny and their rights to taken along with it.

maybe true but that also means our rights as well unfortunately
#163THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 8/4/2013 2:20:25 AM(edited)
kayoticdreamz posted...
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
Evel138 posted...

etc.

maybe true but that also means our rights as well unfortunately

Not necessarily. If the people can join together and rise against the government infringing upon our rights by way of peaceably assembling (Tea Party rallies, protests on Washington, mass petitions, etc.) or politically fighting vicariously through our Senators and Representatives (which many of us don't ever bother doing), then the abuse of our rights can be saved and protected.

Those people such as Evel intend on waiting until it's too late to fight against tyranny. That is the difference. And yes, tyranny CAN exist in modern times and WILL exist if we don't do anything about it.

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden: 'I don't want to live in a society that does these sort of things'
http://youtu.be/0hLjuVyIIrs
#164kayoticdreamzPosted 8/4/2013 2:50:21 AM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...

Not necessarily. If the people can join together and rise against the government infringing upon our rights by way of peaceably assembling (Tea Party rallies, protests on Washington, mass petitions, etc.) or politically fighting vicariously through our Senators and Representatives (which many of us don't ever bother doing), then the abuse of our rights can be saved and protected.

Those people such as Evel intend on waiting until it's too late to fight against tyranny. That is the difference. And yes, tyranny CAN exist in modern times and WILL exist if we don't do anything about it.

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden: 'I don't want to live in a society that does these sort of things'
http://youtu.be/0hLjuVyIIrs

what i was saying was if he deserves and gets whats coming(tyranny) then that means so do we.

I am of the opinion that we are long past peaceful solutions. the people have cried and moaned long enough(well some of us anyway). I dont think theres a peaceful solution. far too much has to be repealed. not just laws but some amendments as well. a peaceful solution is not looking likely. not to mention youd have to convince a sleeping population to give a crap as well in order to gain enough momentum for a peaceful solution to happen as well as infiltrate the main stream media which would be nearly impossible.

the time for a full on revolution number 2 is really the only answer at this point sadly.

as far as tyranny can exist in modern times...it already does. america is enslaved. many countries call their kings presidents(it sounds nicer and so freedom like afterall) since america is already enslaved and not free anymore this further leads to the its to late to peacefully rebel idea.

the thing of it is people like Rush and Beck and countless others have been screaming for a long long long time....it hasnt made one bit of difference. theyve converted a few folks sure but thats it. its all talk.

is right now the time for revolution 2? Ive no idea. I do know America needs it and needs it somewhat soon probably within the next 10 years America needs it.

I do know it will have to come from outside the main conservative talkers because they are all talkers and thats about it. This revolution 2 will likely be inspired by these main conservatives but it likely wont be affiliated with them in anyway. they are all still too caught up in a peaceful solution, they are all still too caught up in the republican party being savable which is just laughable. they are also getting up there in age as well. I think people like Sowell and Rush and Beck and Jones and other big conservative talkers that wont actually create this revolution america so badly needs have unknowingly created the next group of founding fathers that are currently either gaining wisdom or getting older or otherwise gradually plotting and moving to a point where they can take up the fight they were inspired to take up.

thats what i think will likely happen. and like the original lot they will come from unknown obscure places and of all kinds of backgrounds and somehow be drawn to each other.
#165stekim40Posted 8/4/2013 2:51:35 AM
Meh.. Big deal.

I don't have a 'craptop', I only use a desktop and no, I don't have a webcam.

So, he's talking out of his backside.
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#166Ryan-06Posted 8/4/2013 2:59:10 AM
kayoticdreamz posted...
the time for a full on revolution number 2 is really the only answer at this point sadly.

That is scary to think of man...

if it comes, I will fight! And Assassins Creed 3 will inspire me lol.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvtJ_XC2bz8
#167THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 8/4/2013 2:59:10 AM
kayoticdreamz posted...
what i was saying was if he deserves and gets whats coming(tyranny) then that means so do we.

I am of the opinion that we are long past peaceful solutions. the people have cried and moaned long enough(well some of us anyway). I dont think theres a peaceful solution. far too much has to be repealed. not just laws but some amendments as well. a peaceful solution is not looking likely. not to mention youd have to convince a sleeping population to give a crap as well in order to gain enough momentum for a peaceful solution to happen as well as infiltrate the main stream media which would be nearly impossible.

as far as tyranny can exist in modern times...it already does. america is enslaved. many countries call their kings presidents(it sounds nicer and so freedom like afterall) since america is already enslaved and not free anymore this further leads to the its to late to peacefully rebel idea.

the thing of it is people like Rush and Beck and countless others have been screaming for a long long long time....it hasnt made one bit of difference. theyve converted a few folks sure but thats it. its all talk.

is right now the time for revolution 2? Ive no idea. I do know America needs it and needs it somewhat soon probably within the next 10 years America needs it.

I do know it will have to come from outside the main conservative talkers because they are all talkers and thats about it. This revolution 2 will likely be inspired by these main conservatives but it likely wont be affiliated with them in anyway. they are all still too caught up in a peaceful solution, they are all still too caught up in the republican party being savable which is just laughable. they are also getting up there in age as well. I think people like Sowell and Rush and Beck and Jones and other big conservative talkers that wont actually create this revolution america so badly needs have unknowingly created the next group of founding fathers that are currently either gaining wisdom or getting older or otherwise gradually plotting and moving to a point where they can take up the fight they were inspired to take up.

thats what i think will likely happen. and like the original lot they will come from unknown obscure places and of all kinds of backgrounds and somehow be drawn to each other.

+1

You wrote that post extremely convincingly. I completely and utterly agree.
#168GotTruthPosted 8/4/2013 3:54:33 AM
Evel138 posted...
It's like I've said from the start of this tinfoil cap (mostly deliberate trolling) BS:

When the government starts to systematically disarm every law abiding citizen.....when free speech finds itself under the heel of a government jackboot.....when the hundreds of political dissidents with an open mic start to disappear in the night.....I might be concerned.

That the government can "spy" on me scratching my ass or is all too concerned with what random xboxnerd# 3428956 is doing on a Sunday afternoon isn't anywhere close to even being on my radar.

Boy, you are a PERFECT slave. How's your Masters Collar feel around your throat?
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#169Evel138Posted 8/4/2013 5:03:34 AM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
Evel138 posted...

etc.

Ummm, I've conceded several times in this debate that there is most certainly corruption and abuse of office (especially in this current administration which I feel is the most corrupt I've seen in my lifetime.....and I was around while Tricky Dick was in office, so that's saying something). There is not one thing on your list I'm in disagreement with......and most likely share outrage over tbqh.

I've also said that I don't have a problem with the people reining in the accessibility of those that would abuse political power. .i.e. the whole NSA issue being of very close contention on Capitol Hill atm.....as it should be.

Though, , I'm not too worried about "proposed" gun laws....get back to me when it's more serious than political posturing.

HOWEVER, there is a fine line between all of that.....and the suggestion that "tyranny" is lurking inside my video game console. When you really think about....and *** all the hyperbole.......when you really think about it, isn't the concept silly enough by itself? Like I said, I'll leave these fantastic ideas to Hollywood.

Even if I were to believe they wield this "spy" power over randomvideogamenerd....of what practical use is it even, when all those much more important right remain intact?
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#170Evel138Posted 8/4/2013 5:29:37 AM
I have a question and this is really what I feel is the 64K question behind this whole debate (and the thought of it actually fascinates me):

In this fantastical world some of you envision...."tyranny" as I believe it's been referred to several times ITT.......whom is to be this future tyrant? Is it one man or a cabal....a star chamber that has been pulling the puppet strings all along?

The peaceful exchange of power in our democratically elected republic.......that there is enormous differences in points of view in Congress.....I suppose this is all a facade until these supposed incremental steps can be put in place at which point those in political office will suddenly turn lock step and follow this future "tyrant"?

Again, lets view this solely through the lens of the "Kinect spy cam" issue. The government has been wiretapping telecommunications for 50+ years (and why is it now that there is a video feed of randomvideogame nerd with his thumb up where the sun don't shine, now the tipping point?)....so presumably, as this government adheres to no law anyway, able to listen in on you for half a century or more.

*checks out the window again today*

Nope, no "tyranny" out there as far as I can see.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y