When is the last time the most powerful console "won" its generation?

#21FOXSOLIDPosted 8/2/2013 9:16:51 PM
bigpoppapat posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

It wasn't a contender, the Wii was more comparable to Playskool toys than it was to video game consoles.

lets say there were 3 cars to choose from. the BMW 750, the audi a8 and a Honda accord. accord sells way more cars than BMW and audi. is it not really a car because its not on the same level as performance, features and luxury as the other 2? sure it's not as fast and comfortable but it's still a car

You can't compare cars with consoles. You don't believe what I'm saying? Look it up, even Nintendo stated that they aren't thinking about "fighting Sony" or the likes when it came to the Wii.
#22GondolinRisesPosted 8/2/2013 9:18:50 PM
lol. You can tell how bad the situation is for the xb1 when the fact it's less powerful becomes a selling point.

Honestly tbc, these topics of yours, they will only get you banned again like they did on the ps3 board.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#23rdangPosted 8/2/2013 9:25:58 PM
FOXSOLID posted...
rdang posted...
Never. Look at PS3 software sales. History will repeat itself.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/01/sony-shows-a-profit-but-hardware-sales-are-soft

Good job. Fail more.

It's common knowledge that Sonys exclusives sell half as well as microsofts. Look at Gears and God of war for contrast.

Genius
---
GT: A CLOUD AI
PS: SKOUNDR3LOPE
#24GondolinRisesPosted 8/2/2013 9:28:15 PM
Genius

rdang will say anything to reassure himself. I'm forced to wonder what for. If the console he represents was so great, why constantly post falsehoods to reassure it?
---
#25TheBorderCollie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 9:34:23 PM
FOXSOLID posted...
bigpoppapat posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

It wasn't a contender, the Wii was more comparable to Playskool toys than it was to video game consoles.

lets say there were 3 cars to choose from. the BMW 750, the audi a8 and a Honda accord. accord sells way more cars than BMW and audi. is it not really a car because its not on the same level as performance, features and luxury as the other 2? sure it's not as fast and comfortable but it's still a car

You can't compare cars with consoles. You don't believe what I'm saying? Look it up, even Nintendo stated that they aren't thinking about "fighting Sony" or the likes when it came to the Wii.

The bottom line is that the Wii was competing in the exact same industry at the exact same time as the PS3 and 360. When it had specials, they were featured in the same flyers and in the same sections as those of the 360 and PS3. The console was located in the same area of stores. It was featured in the same sections of the magazines.....In other words, it was a part of the PS3 / 360 generation. It's a generally accepted FACT within the industry.

GondolinRises posted...
Honestly tbc, these topics of yours, they will only get you banned again like they did on the ps3 board.

When was I banned from the PS3 board?? Isn't the fact I'm here proof that I wasn't banned?? LOL
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
FACT: If you have privacy concerns about Kinect 2.0, then you better not have a smartphone either.
#26bigpoppapatPosted 8/2/2013 9:43:50 PM
FOXSOLID posted...
bigpoppapat posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

doesn't change the fact that its a console in the same generation as Xbox 360 and ps3. power doesn't dictate generations. just because Nintendo says its not trying to compete doesn't mean it's in the same market fighting for market share. there's a reason ps move and kinect/Xbox avatars were launched.

Honda doesn't expect someone to consider an accord OR an audi a8. they appeal to different audiences. but they're still both cars. they still are bought with the intent to be driven from point a to point b. the accord and Audi do things differently that's all.
---
Sent via PowerFAQs
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii617/patoons/f5gif.gif http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii617/patoons/clap2.gif
#27AlexPumaPosted 8/2/2013 9:45:07 PM
The SNES won the 16-bit war, yes. But don't forget, the Neo Geo was part of that generation too, though that aimed at a completely different demographic.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#28GondolinRisesPosted 8/2/2013 9:45:30 PM
When was I banned from the PS3 board?? Isn't the fact I'm here proof that I wasn't banned?? LOL

Unfortunately the ban wasn't permanent. It landed you in purgatory though. I look forward to you being banned again actually.
---
#29dpatel304Posted 8/3/2013 9:30:40 AM
When was the last time a '3rd console' won? N64, PS3, and soon to be Xbone
---
-Astute Gamers-
http://astutegamers.forumotion.com/