will X1 get DayZ?

#1beyondfromPosted 8/2/2013 12:00:48 PM
now that devs don't have to pay MS for when they update their games (or is that change only applying to 360)
#2FoppePosted 8/2/2013 12:07:20 PM
Meeh, too hard to get the most complicated annoying badly designed glitchy game ever to work on a console.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3beyondfrom(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 12:08:44 PM
Foppe posted...
Meeh, too hard to get the most complicated annoying badly designed glitchy game ever to work on a console.

that's why I heard it was only PS4 because it will require constant patching and MS was charging devs for each one
#4Bikes-Posted 8/2/2013 12:08:50 PM
Foppe posted...

Basing a game on it's alpha/mod version.
Stay classy.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#5DrRockso87Posted 8/2/2013 12:12:35 PM
Most likely now. I expect it'll have a PS4 and Xbox One port. They expressed interest so they'd be making easy money.
#6FoppePosted 8/2/2013 12:12:49 PM
Bikes- posted...
Foppe posted...

Stay classy.

What else should I base my options on?
Something unreleased?
Oh wait, are you one of those that believed Skyrim deserved being GOTY because of what it could be once the glitches were patched?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#7Sirhc5509Posted 8/2/2013 1:02:17 PM
Foppe posted...
Bikes- posted...
Foppe posted...

Stay classy.

What else should I base my options on?
Something unreleased?
Oh wait, are you one of those that believed Skyrim deserved being GOTY because of what it could be once the glitches were patched?

Well, you're pretty much basing it on a mod for another game using a different engine, so it is nigh impossible to truly judge it based off the mod version. It's pretty much a wait and see scenario at the moment.

As for a port, if Microsoft's new policies for updates and indie games pan out well and the standalone version on Dayz does well, It is a pretty reasonable chance they will make one as they have already expressed interest in doing it further down the line once they get the PC version sorted.
#8rusty12000Posted 8/2/2013 2:14:02 PM
Ya i don't see why they wouldn't if they aren't charging for patches.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#9Cereal4youPosted 8/2/2013 2:22:51 PM
Yea the Devs main concern about DayZ was the constant patch cost for the XB1 AND no self publishing.....since that should be a non issue now, it is just a wait and see how the DayZ stand alone does..
#102DshmuploverPosted 8/2/2013 2:23:14 PM
Who cares when it's getting State of Decay 2.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa