How is this console doing in terms of Pre-Orders?

#1Private_NoobPosted 8/2/2013 2:16:09 PM
Topic.
---
Oh no! Private_Noob posted!
I'm the noobiest noob you'll ever see!
#2DeadLock25Posted 8/2/2013 2:18:09 PM
Sold out mostly everywhere, and according to MS the pre order numbers are higher than the X360 pre orders. Other than that, we dont have any specific numbers, although we can probably safely assume its doing worse in terms of quantity than the PS4 pre orders.
---
GT: DeadLock25
#3An_EthiopianPosted 8/2/2013 2:30:40 PM(edited)
Terribly. Yes, they mention that X1 preorders are higher than 360s, but preordering was not nearly as popular back then as it is now. Plus, the Xbox brand was hardly established back then. I'd say the X1 may be slightly beating the Wii U in pre orders in comparison, but it's still in a bad position overall. Just because they say they're sold out, it doesn't mean that they can produce the console at a competitive pace. I mean they're selling the console at launch in only 21 countries: why would they do that if they can produce the console in abundance?
---
The statement below me is true.
The statement above me is false.
#4MetroidFan9999Posted 8/2/2013 2:31:05 PM
An_Ethiopian posted...
Terrible. Yes, they mention that X1 preorders are higher than 360s, but preordering was not nearly as popular back then as it is now. Plus, the Xbox brand was hardly established back then. I'd say the X1 may be slightly beating the Wii U in pre orders in comparison, but it's still in a bad position overall. Just because they say they're sold out, it doesn't mean that they just can't produce the console at a competitive pace. I mean they're selling the console at launch in only 21 countries: why would they do that if they can produce the console in abundance?

Last I heard the "limited country release" schedule was due to the television implementation.

But I digress, I don't think the X1 is in a stellar spot with preorders. They need the biggest initial push they can get, otherwise they have no chance of gaining ground with Sony.
---
Justin Bieber is a better musical artist than Eric Clapton (from a talent perspective, and more)
People who agree (running count): 438
#5eibonPosted 8/2/2013 2:32:45 PM
the pre-order numbers are 2:1 PS4:xbox1
#6SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 8/2/2013 2:37:48 PM
eibon posted...
the pre-order numbers are 2:1 PS4:xbox1

You have access to global pre-order numbers?

Or is it a "I pulled it outta the hat" thing :P

Although it's hardly an indicator, multiple retailers reported a factor of more like 6:1 PS4:XBone, but obviously that's not a global estimate. Regardless, both consoles will probably sell fairly similarly at launch. Even though people seem to expect the PS4 to rocket ahead, and I'd be surprised if it's not ahead by a good amount within the first 3 months, plenty of people still want the XBone (evidence? this board, etc) but it'll be how they deal with the games. Are the going to have the Wii U problem of a couple of decent titles at launch then next to nothing for practically a year while badgering on the same old, arrogant PR speak, or will they be able to keep up a steady stream of games, with enough variety that everyone will see something they want?

By steady stream, I would say 1 every 6-12 weeks people would think about. Millions who get the consoles won't be able to play RPG hours per day :P
---
In a world where one man wanted orange, society deemed that he get lemon-lime...
Soda just got real.
#7TauriLeaderPosted 8/2/2013 2:41:43 PM
There is no way of knowing really.

It is rumoured the Xbox One has smaller pre-order amounts than PS4. We have seen on this site like 15-20 Xbox Ones in Gamestop and 85 PS4s. I think they are just fanboys messing with people.

We have been using Amazon as an indicator but that is one retailer. The PS4 has sold out at least 3 times so far. The last time it went back on sale it got a 20,000% increase in sales. The PS4 has been in the top 20 since E3 and the Xbox ONe has been all over the place. It got to 1st but it went down to like 40th but I can't remember the exact figure.

I say they are selling well but we don't know how many Microsoft are planning to sell at launch.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#8TauriLeaderPosted 8/2/2013 2:47:09 PM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
An_Ethiopian posted...
Terrible. Yes, they mention that X1 preorders are higher than 360s, but preordering was not nearly as popular back then as it is now. Plus, the Xbox brand was hardly established back then. I'd say the X1 may be slightly beating the Wii U in pre orders in comparison, but it's still in a bad position overall. Just because they say they're sold out, it doesn't mean that they just can't produce the console at a competitive pace. I mean they're selling the console at launch in only 21 countries: why would they do that if they can produce the console in abundance?

Last I heard the "limited country release" schedule was due to the television implementation.

But I digress, I don't think the X1 is in a stellar spot with preorders. They need the biggest initial push they can get, otherwise they have no chance of gaining ground with Sony.

I read somewhere than the TV feature will only work in the US as launch but Europe will have to wait until next year.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-live-tv-available-in-us-only-at-launch-requires-separate-device/

Since Microsoft has been changing this around they might have push up the plans for Europe. We have to wait until Gamescom to know for sure.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#9Satchmo25Posted 8/2/2013 2:55:32 PM
Yeah it's doing great from what we're hearing. Sold out everywhere and beating its predecessor.
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#10NeoMonkPosted 8/2/2013 3:01:13 PM
Sold out means nothing... There's been numerous reports where x1 had much less pre-order allocation numbers given to stores than ps4 who went the whole other way and actually expanded theirs and still sold out.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator