Xbox One Ad System....

#1Road_Kill_666Posted 8/2/2013 2:47:07 PM
Should copy Pandora. Allow ads on everything but Gold members since they pay.

Ads ruined Myspace, Facebook, and IGN. I decide what i want to buy and have watched, heard, and read ads my whole life and never had the urge to go buy said product.

Ads taylored to me? No thanks. The only ads i ever need or want to see are ads for DLC and thats ONLY ads for DLC for games that i actually own.
#2TrueSephir0thPosted 8/2/2013 2:50:48 PM
well said, and whole heartedly agreed
---
GT- Flying Abstract
i boost achievements, hit me up!
#3zephirrainesPosted 8/2/2013 3:03:38 PM
Why do people whine about 360 ads? Their is one tiny one in the corner and the rest are related to whatever tab you are on such as deals of the weak on games and new dlc. I am glad for ads because i have gotten several good deals thanks to them.

Capitalism really scares some people.
#4BSerenityPosted 8/2/2013 3:16:39 PM
zephirraines posted...
Why do people whine about 360 ads? Their is one tiny one in the corner and the rest are related to whatever tab you are on such as deals of the weak on games and new dlc. I am glad for ads because i have gotten several good deals thanks to them.

Capitalism really scares some people.

Both systems will have ads, but the fact that the X1 is geared towards them is rather annoying any way you put it.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#5Road_Kill_666(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 3:40:30 PM
If you are giving me ads on games that are on sale through live thats cool, but not ads for stuff i don't care too much for. Granted 360 ads don't bother me as i turn it on, load the game and start playing immediately.
#6Satchmo25Posted 8/2/2013 3:45:55 PM
Sony filing patents on new ways to shoehorn ads into their PS4 is far more troubling.
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#7fallangePosted 8/2/2013 3:54:25 PM
Satchmo25 posted...
Sony filing patents on new ways to shoehorn ads into their PS4 is far more troubling.

Shhhhh!!!!!! This is the X1 board, how dare you speak ill about Sony!
---
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!
#8DeadLock25Posted 8/2/2013 3:56:25 PM
Road_Kill_666 posted...

Ads ruined Myspace, Facebook, and IGN. I decide what i want to buy and have watched, heard, and read ads my whole life and never had the urge to go buy said product.

Ads taylored to me? No thanks. The only ads i ever need or want to see are ads for DLC and thats ONLY ads for DLC for games that i actually own.

I somewhat agree.

The only adverts I want to see are the ones in each subject area (games/TV/music) in their respective tabs, and not on the home screen. Sales, DLC, even for games I do not own (I want to know when I can get a great game for $5) are perfectly fine, but let me customize my Home screen and fill it with my own games/apps and give me a choice to put a window with latest Sales in there. Otherwise, my home screen should be just that, MY Home screen. No ads unless I chose to put them there.
---
GT: DeadLock25
#9BSerenityPosted 8/2/2013 4:30:16 PM
Satchmo25 posted...

and you don't understand that filing for patents doesn't mean they are actively injecting it into their products... Goes for every other company.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#10RebelGameMasterPosted 8/2/2013 4:37:06 PM
Road_Kill_666 posted...

The gamer in me agrees 100%! The part of me which used myspace to find easy chicks on Wednesdays agrees with you! The grammar nazi inside me is upset about the word, "taylored."

Satchmo25 posted...

Another completely made up "fact" by an Xbot. I cannot decide who makes more stuff up without any substance to make their point, Xbots or Fox News Lovin' Republicans.
---
:)