Xbox One Ad System....

#91rusty12000Posted 8/3/2013 7:23:49 AM
I don't like the ads whether its on PS4 or xbone. Why are we force to see adds on a platform we paid good money for, and are paying a monthly subscription. Greed kills me.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#92Kuro-chan_101Posted 8/3/2013 7:31:07 AM
Could be worse.

Could you imagine that during every multi-player game, it pauses every 2 minutes to show all players some 15 second ad, regardless of if you want to see it or not?
---
~ Kuro-chan.
I love my older consoles! <33
#93DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/3/2013 7:49:25 AM(edited)
Really? I used insults towards you before you did to me? Would you like to show where?

Wow. You don't even know what irony means. It has nothing to do with you saying it first. Its you throwing a bunch of childish insults to decry being insulted and how you are above it.

Apparently to DesperateMonkey, saying a gaming company shouldn't use ads = me saying that companies shouldn't receive any money at all. It's amazing how you twist my words because you fail to see things clearly. BUT LET ME GUESS, I'M BEING IRONIC AGAIN. Silly me.

Actually, I didn't make up anything. I said you didn't want them to make MORE money. You didn't want ads thats because you think you already paid with XBL Gold. You then went on to state that more money made does not mean they will use it to benefit us even though thats what they have done in the past.

So it seems like you are lying about what I said just to pretend I was lying about what YOU said.

See? KING OF IRONY!!!

I said that corporations will do whatever they can to get money. I said that not every action they do in the pursuit of profits are excusable. The fact that you are defending this means that you have lost this debate. "Corporations don't owe you anything." How about when a corporation becomes a liability in me enjoying my gaming? Do I not have the right to defend what I love?

KINECT is a liability to you enjoying your game??? LOL So is paying for a $500 console. They don't need to be excused from this in any way, shape or form. Did you think you had a convincing argument in there somewhere?

Okay, let's use a different example that will prove you wrong: Have you been watching the news since 2008? Remember that whole issues with banks causing a major recession and destroying the home market? How about the millions of people who unfairly lost property or lost jobs because of the damage? Oh, no, but like you said, "Its not corporations that are greedy, its PEOPLE that are greedy."

LOL what did you think? Only idiots blame it on large corporations. Our very lifestyle is built on the deprived conditions of third world inhabits. To them, WE ARE the corporations. You think people are any better? If you were any better, you wouldn't be spending $500 on a piece of hardware. America's population is the most excessive in the entire world and complains about China who actually outputs less pollution with a population 10x its size.

Unlike those people, we aren't victims of large corporations because of our lack of economic clout. The American people knowingly allow corporations to do these things because we are pacified through consumerism and our own desire to live personal lives rather than participate in public affairs. People find it irrational to take action because of the cost to their lives. We suffer because we are greedy.

You need to grow up kid.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#94DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/3/2013 7:44:23 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
zephirraines posted...
How could they hinder anyone else? Please lets focus on that because i could use a laugh.

Oh and ads are okay before a movie even though they waste your time.... but are bad on the xbox dashboard where you never have to click them at all and they just take up space but you can navigate to everything you need without wasting your time.....

This is why no one takes this complaint serious. Because its stupid.

So the two words "subjective variable" didn't make a difference, did it? You seem to think that just because you like your little ads, that nothing could be wrong with them.

This is the problem with all of the ImThe8thWonder's posts. He accuses everyone who thinks are are not intrusive as people who REALLY WANT ADDS! and other ridiculous things. He doesn't want to make an argument, he wants to put people in extreme camps.

He doesn't care about the evolution of gaming, only that he can label people who are anti Sony as unreasonable and wanting BAD things.

I don't like ads, I just don't care about them.

He goes on to compare about WORSE scenarios like when ads interupt games. However there is no indication of this and neither is there any indication of this coming from MS before Sony with all their advertising patents.

He also seems to completely forget that Sony has lots of ads too and in fact. In fact, thats all I see on the Network page of my Vita.

We want to talk about intrusive ads? The PS3 was a huge ad for the Cell processor, making people aware of it, hyping it up for Super Computer functions and floating point operations crap before launch. This piece of hardware was something nobody cared for or wanted to develop for but Sony used us as vessels to advertise 70+ million units of something that has mostly hindered the consoles performance for a ridiculous price.

Bluray doesn't even need explaining. They shoved down a format on gamers so they can all start purchasing their BD movies and advertise it to people around. Gamers and developers paid Sony up the ass because they think their brand deserved it.

If you actually cared about any of this, you might have a shred of credibility but obviously you are just a Sony Pony and have the argumentative skills of a 10 year old who jumps from one accusation to the next when ur point are shot down.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#95RebelGameMasterPosted 8/3/2013 9:14:04 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Really? I used insults towards you before you did to me? Would you like to show where?

Wow. You don't even know what irony means. It has nothing to do with you saying it first. Its you throwing a bunch of childish insults to decry being insulted and how you are above it.

Apparently to DesperateMonkey, saying a gaming company shouldn't use ads = me saying that companies shouldn't receive any money at all. It's amazing how you twist my words because you fail to see things clearly. BUT LET ME GUESS, I'M BEING IRONIC AGAIN. Silly me.

Actually, I didn't make up anything. I said you didn't want them to make MORE money. You didn't want ads thats because you think you already paid with XBL Gold. You then went on to state that more money made does not mean they will use it to benefit us even though thats what they have done in the past.

So it seems like you are lying about what I said just to pretend I was lying about what YOU said.

See? KING OF IRONY!!!

I said that corporations will do whatever they can to get money. I said that not every action they do in the pursuit of profits are excusable. The fact that you are defending this means that you have lost this debate. "Corporations don't owe you anything." How about when a corporation becomes a liability in me enjoying my gaming? Do I not have the right to defend what I love?

KINECT is a liability to you enjoying your game??? LOL So is paying for a $500 console. They don't need to be excused from this in any way, shape or form. Did you think you had a convincing argument in there somewhere?

Okay, let's use a different example that will prove you wrong: Have you been watching the news since 2008? Remember that whole issues with banks causing a major recession and destroying the home market? How about the millions of people who unfairly lost property or lost jobs because of the damage? Oh, no, but like you said, "Its not corporations that are greedy, its PEOPLE that are greedy."

LOL what did you think? Only idiots blame it on large corporations. Our very lifestyle is built on the deprived conditions of third world inhabits. To them, WE ARE the corporations. You think people are any better? If you were any better, you wouldn't be spending $500 on a piece of hardware. America's population is the most excessive in the entire world and complains about China who actually outputs less pollution with a population 10x its size.

Unlike those people, we aren't victims of large corporations because of our lack of economic clout. The American people knowingly allow corporations to do these things because we are pacified through consumerism and our own desire to live personal lives rather than participate in public affairs. People find it irrational to take action because of the cost to their lives. We suffer because we are greedy.

You need to grow up kid.

Time Magazine says, "...DesperateMonkey's Novel is a masterpiece."

Rolling Stones says, "Chilling."

New York Times: "10/10-A must read!"
---
:)
#96ImThe8thWonderPosted 8/3/2013 9:41:38 AM
@ DesperateMonkey

Where is the LITERAL sentence where I say that companies shouldn't make more money? I said they shouldn't cross certain lines when trying to make a profit. I said that we shouldn't allow anything they want when they try to make a profit. Things that interfere with my gaming experience are the very things they shouldn't do when trying to make money. Ads on the sides of Gamefaqs are harmless to me. Ads implemented into my very UI is not.

Did you? You are still throwing more insults than actually providing logical responses. I don't know why you pulled the kinect argument out of nowhere, really.

I can see now that you're some obsessed capitalist. I don't mind capitalism myself, but I have my lines, as everyone should. You seem to think large companies are innocent no matter what and that our consumerism is what corrupts them. I'll tell you this: It doesn't matter how much pressure or influence companies get from consumers. It doesn't matter if a company is getting pushed to the edge. That does not make their actions excusable, should they do something wrong. If someone handed you a gun and pressured you to go commit a crime, would you do it? Ultimately, the choice is still theirs. They have the power, they're not our innocent little servants. Also, I don't think we're pushing M$ into any corners. If they can't afford to do something, they have not made themselves efficient enough. Don't know why I have to keep repeating that.

And please don't lecture me about conditions in 3rd world countries and how American capitalism affects those areas. I come from one of these 3rd world countries. If you haven't had to deal with half of what I have, then you have no right to lecture me on anything regarding that.

I don't even know why you would bother writing up that last bit. You basically proved my argument for me. Capitalism is definitely destructive. People ARE greedy, and SO ARE THEY. But none of that means I should allow a company to act with greed. That's all you're saying, "the people are greedy, the people are greedy!" What does that have to do with ads in my Xbox? You essentially saying that I'm a greedy consumer that's asking too much from M$, and that I should shut up. The fact that you think M$ can't try a different, less harmful strategy than using ads makes me laugh.
#97DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/3/2013 2:21:39 PM(edited)
Where is the LITERAL sentence where I say that companies shouldn't make more money? I said they shouldn't cross certain lines when trying to make a profit. I said that we shouldn't allow anything they want when they try to make a profit. Things that interfere with my gaming experience are the very things they shouldn't do when trying to make money. Ads on the sides of Gamefaqs are harmless to me. Ads implemented into my very UI is not.

This is really the last thing I'm going to respond to your childish flailings 'cause it's not entertaining anymore. I am not your English teacher so take this final lesson as a gift.

Where is the LITERAL sentence where I say that companies shouldn't make more money?

No dialogue can be had if any two parties require explicit statement of every expression. In fact, this is considered extremely poor English. You claim that you've already paid by giving them money for Gold. You then continue to discuss how they should not profit again from ads because thats greedy. Then you say they would just waste the money and believe that everyone gets paid the same and the money does not become reinvested (this is absolutely false as large corporations do not remain static and need to expand to survive). You also have on multiple occasions, discussed things in terms of a "good and evil" type scenario, further adding to the confusion.

All these things clearly imply that you think they should not make more money than what was discussed. My original statement about making more money was in reference to this very advertisement and your replies indicated that you believed that MS should not make more money off of advertisements as it does nothing for the company or gamers (false on both accounts).

Everything I have deduced is logical and any misinterpretation is solely due to your inability to articulate a coherent argument that you feel comfortable standing behind.

I said they shouldn't cross certain lines when trying to make a profit. I said that we shouldn't allow anything they want when they try to make a profit. Things that interfere with my gaming experience are the very things they shouldn't do when trying to make money.

This has nothing to do with the first issue. Microsoft has not yet crossed any lines deemed harmful by the mainstream masses, only by a few fanatics like yourself. Saying that MS has crossed a line because it has ads on a few boxes in the dash board (most of which are related to games and deals on games) is crossing a line requires some kind of basis. But there is no basis. From the other topic, it was clear you had no idea what advertising was like. You saw a My Pins page and claimed those were ads when they were all Pins... You felt that crossed a line when a)they weren't ads and b)they were extremely non-intrusive.

It seems you just looked at where MS was standing, walked behind him and drew a line then turned around and complained about how they are past the line you made two seconds ago.

The advertising on the XB1 doesn't seem any different from the 360. How do they interfere with your gaming experience? You've thrown this line around a dozen times on this board yet you haven't listed a SINGLE scenario or some kind of tangible situation where it has any major impact on your gaming experience. I do not know how you can continue to repeat this argument without providing any kind of supporting evidence.

The most ridiculous part is that you probably don't even realize that MS's ads don't affect games at all. In fact, if you are using your console for games only, you will never see an ad. The ads ONLY appear when you are browsing something. You can go straight to game

Anyways, good luck on your witch hunt.
#98ImThe8thWonderPosted 8/3/2013 10:29:55 PM
@DesperateMonkey

This is really the last thing I'm going to respond to your childish flailings 'cause it's not entertaining anymore. I am not your English teacher so take this final lesson as a gift.

No dialogue can be had if any two parties require explicit statement of every expression. In fact, this is considered extremely poor English.

Good. I hope this really is the last time you try replying. All you do is use insults for the majority of your arguments anyways. Not to mention how you go off on a rant about capitalism, straying from the point of the argument. Oh, and protip: You putting words in my mouth and me asking for a clarification is not an "explicit statement of every expression." I only ask you to prove the things you made up in your little imagination.

You claim that you've already paid by giving them money for Gold. You then continue to discuss how they should not profit again from ads because thats greedy. Then you say they would just waste the money and believe that everyone gets paid the same and the money does not become reinvested (this is absolutely false as large corporations do not remain static and need to expand to survive). You also have on multiple occasions, discussed things in terms of a "good and evil" type scenario, further adding to the confusion.

Look, buddy. Microsoft is doing perfectly fine financially. They could get by without ads. And if they can't, then they need to think of less intrusive ways of making a profit. I don't care if you don't think they're harmless, you can't apply your opinion as a fact. To me, not only is it interfering with the UI, but it is also an unethical warping of what consoles have always been.

All these things clearly imply that you think they should not make more money than what was discussed. My original statement about making more money was in reference to this very advertisement and your replies indicated that you believed that MS should not make more money off of advertisements as it does nothing for the company or gamers (false on both accounts).

Everything I have deduced is logical and any misinterpretation is solely due to your inability to articulate a coherent argument that you feel comfortable standing behind.

Oh, advertisements surely do something. They give Microsoft more money. They already force us to deal with an online subscription (which reasonably pays for the majority of their costs, and then some), I have to deal with proprietary accessories (like charger kits or HDDs), and I also have to deal with advertisements. They have far more money-grabbing strategies in play than ideas that help us as gamers. Advertisements are not an evolution of anything. They're just a sign of a company that already has plenty could still get away with even more. Their profit margins with all of these strategies more than make up for their costs, and the extra money doesn't all get pushed back into us gamers. If they were suffering, I'm almost certain company leaders would easily abandon the gaming market as a whole. Windows makes more money anyways.
#99ImThe8thWonderPosted 8/3/2013 10:30:08 PM
@DesperateMonkey

This has nothing to do with the first issue. Microsoft has not yet crossed any lines deemed harmful by the mainstream masses, only by a few fanatics like yourself. Saying that MS has crossed a line because it has ads on a few boxes in the dash board (most of which are related to games and deals on games) is crossing a line requires some kind of basis.

It's not complained about by the mainstream masses because people would rather deal with nonsense than go through the effort of arguing with a major gaming company. Unfortunately, the more we let them get away with greedy policies, the more freedom they think they'll have. And with that, the more they'll step into boundaries that they shouldn't have passed. If in this trend continues and our "gaming" consoles become subscription/ad machines, there will be a lot of people moaning about how they should have fought about this in the past.

And I just ignored everything else you typed. I'm not going to argue the same exact things again. Have fun with your blind love for Microsoft. You obviously won't consider them to be guilty of anything, even if they stab you in the back. Just at least remember that until Microsoft came along, we had far less subscriptions, advertisements, and proprietary accessories.
#100doc1369Posted 8/3/2013 10:34:17 PM
Mr Monkey, I believe you are the only person here truely upset at what Microsoft has done. As such you have every reason to complain.
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.