RROD won't be an issue..

#1JusSumGuy88Posted 8/2/2013 6:32:23 PM
According to Marc Witten.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/08/02/microsofts-red-rings-of-death-to-be-very-unlikely-with-the-xbox-one/

Now my question to you is, with the various policy changes, day one patch and and the increase from 800-853mhz.... Are you fearful that there may be technical issues with the system?

Now granted, I know whenever new tech is released, there are usually some sketchy ones with failures in the first batch, but do you forsee a problem here?
#2Erik_PPosted 8/2/2013 6:43:05 PM
Like someone from Microsoft is really going to tell its customers that their system is going to have hardware issues.

Don't be naive.
---
Signatures go here
#3SunDevil77Posted 8/2/2013 6:46:00 PM
Erik_P posted...
Like someone from Microsoft is really going to tell its customers that their system is going to have hardware issues.

Don't be naive.

When a company is forced to spend as much money as Microsoft did repairing 360s, you can bet they're going to be exceedingly cautious about their next release.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#4Erik_PPosted 8/2/2013 6:48:14 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Erik_P posted...

Don't be naive.

When a company is forced to spend as much money as Microsoft did repairing 360s, you can bet they're going to be exceedingly cautious about their next release.

That doesn't change what I said in any way.
---
Signatures go here
#5georgewduff1Posted 8/2/2013 6:49:34 PM
From my point of view...if the Xbox one and Ps4 are using praticaly using the same CPU-GPU from AMD...using the same type of optical drive...and HDD...
Heat issue will be from the box concept...and the PS4 is smaller...and have is power brick Inside...so...
#6doc1369Posted 8/2/2013 6:49:57 PM
I saw both systems fail this gen. Four 360s and one PS3. Never had to pay a dime for any of my 360s to be fixed or replace from my launch console to the 360 I have now. When my 60gig PS3 bricked Sony told me to pound sand. So what is worse, a company that stands behind a faulty product or a company that doesn't. Both kind of rubbed me the wrong way, still have my 360 though.
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#7Ramsus082Posted 8/2/2013 7:15:26 PM
I'm looking for a good case for why I should be giving MS the benefit of the doubt on tech failures despite the astronomically high brick rate of their previous console, and so far all I'm hearing is that they built a much larger console than their competitor, equipped it with inferior graphics hardware, utilized an external power brick to prevent overheating and still couldn't slim it down, and this is supposed to be an argument in their favour for not just why they should get the benefit of the doubt, but actually argued that it's more solid tech than Sony's console as far as failure rate? I'm missing something here, aren't I? Somebody help me out please.
#8Ramsus082Posted 8/2/2013 7:20:07 PM
The other argument I'm hearing is "They screwed up the Xbox360's hardware design so badly, that you'd be stupid to think it could happen again". I'm sorry, but that's not very reassuring to me.

If I bought a Dodge from 2006 and it crapped out on me within the first year, and so did it's replacement, am I supposed to be optimistic that their 2007 model is the gold standard for longevity? Personally, I might be just the tiny bit skeptical. That's would be fair, right?
#9rdangPosted 8/2/2013 7:21:14 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
I'm looking for a good case for why I should be giving MS the benefit of the doubt on tech failures despite the astronomically high brick rate of their previous console, and so far all I'm hearing is that they built a much larger console than their competitor, equipped it with inferior graphics hardware, utilized an external power brick to prevent overheating and still couldn't slim it down, and this is supposed to be an argument in their favour for not just why they should get the benefit of the doubt, but actually argued that it's more solid tech than Sony's console as far as failure rate? I'm missing something here, aren't I? Somebody help me out please.

How about the top of the console is a vent...
---
GT: A CLOUD AI
PS: SKOUNDR3LOPE
#10Ramsus082Posted 8/2/2013 7:30:59 PM(edited)
Right. The top of the console is a vent. I'm not an engineer, maybe there's a perfectly valid reason why the X1 is so massive in comparison to the PS4 despite the quality of the internals, but that's not a point in it's column if you know what I mean. So I guess I can take some comfort that it's got a lot of ventilation. Enough for it not to overheat to the levels of it's predecessor? Probably. Enough to negate the healthy skepticism caused by it's predecessor? I'd be a bit worried about buying a launch X1 and it's longevity, yeah. I don't think it's an irrational worry either.