RROD won't be an issue..

#11georgewduff1Posted 8/2/2013 7:37:25 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Right. The top of the console is a vent. I'm not an engineer, maybe there's a perfectly valid reason why the X1 is so massive in comparison to the PS4 despite the quality of the internals, but that's not a point in it's column if you know what I mean. So I guess I can take some comfort that it's got a lot of ventilation. Enough for it not to overheat to the levels of it's predecessor? Probably. Enough to negate the healthy skepticism caused by it's predecessor? I'd be a bit worried about buying a launch X1 and it's longevity, yeah. I don't think it's an irrational worry either.

So wait 2-3 years after the launch....and see the result...because for now...you seem to much worried...and dont forget that its 1 year warranty....
#12Ramsus082Posted 8/2/2013 7:40:33 PM
You're probably right, this worry of mine most likely will turn out to be overblown in comparison to the actual number of failed X1 consoles, which in all likelihood will be a fraction of the Xbox360's. I'm not playing devil's advocate, I just don't agree with the "give them the benefit of the doubt" line of thought. They haven't earned that.
#13georgewduff1Posted 8/2/2013 7:43:55 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
You're probably right, this worry of mine most likely will turn out to be overblown in comparison to the actual number of failed X1 consoles, which in all likelihood will be a fraction of the Xbox360's. I'm not playing devil's advocate, I just don't agree with the "give them the benefit of the doubt" line of thought. They haven't earned that.

youre right...they haven"t earned that for now yet...but they fixed the case with the 360...
and i think that they have learn their lesson....making the same mistake twice...i hope not...
#14Erik_PPosted 8/2/2013 7:57:21 PM
georgewduff1 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

youre right...they haven"t earned that for now yet...but they fixed the case with the 360...
and i think that they have learn their lesson....making the same mistake twice...i hope not...

What is your deal with the "...." that you keep doing?
---
Signatures go here
#15DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/2/2013 8:01:12 PM
Ramsus082 posted...

So basically you aren't getting any consoles except the Wii U? Have fun.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#16tacomaniiPosted 8/2/2013 8:09:03 PM
It won't be an issue because the color will now be purple

beware of the PROD
---
If this comment has offended you in any way, then this was probably the real Tacoman
#17DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/2/2013 8:13:12 PM
tacomanii posted...

beware of the PROD

How do you know it will be a ring?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#18GondolinRisesPosted 8/2/2013 8:27:12 PM
tacomanii posted...

beware of the PROD

How do you know it will be a ring?

What else would it be? A trapezoid? Beware the purple trapezoid of death?
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#19youngskillzPosted 8/3/2013 4:16:01 PM
tacomanii posted...

beware of the PROD

haha.

everyone should be cautious, it took them 3 years to release a solid 360 model.

hopefully they have learned their lesson.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Break of Dusk, Eye of The Enemy, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Solution .45, Destinity, Voices of Decay, Isolated.
#20The_NightwingPosted 8/3/2013 4:18:23 PM(edited)
Doesn't Xbox One have Windows?

Beware the Blue Screen of Death.