Are you guys worried for the Xbox One?

#11pblimp360Posted 8/3/2013 1:16:22 PM
Not worried at all, TC.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#12The_NightwingPosted 8/3/2013 1:27:48 PM
bessy67 posted...
I would much rather get the new kinect over a handheld that is inferior to the one I already own.

You're probably one of the biggest shills on this board.
#13Reflex-ArcPosted 8/3/2013 1:36:03 PM
Not worried at all. It's already got a strong launch lineup of games, and more in the pipe. That's all that matters.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#14Laylow12Posted 8/3/2013 1:44:50 PM
TheBorderCollie posted...
Laylow12 posted...
GondolinRises posted...
I am quite worried actually. The more reassurance topics I see, the more I suspect something bad about the xb1. The more trolling from the xb1 representatives I see, the more I feel like the xb1 is in serious trouble. Or else why the need for all these terrible behaviors? Why the need to call everyone who has a dissenting opinion about the xb1 a pony?

They can't actually talk about the topic at hand because they know they'll lose, so they attack the messenger. Typical shill behavior, but it's to be expected.

LOL...Give it a rest...

The majority of trouble on this board is started by Sony Fanboys. And the "topic at-hand" you refer to is usually something that is either not true to begin with, or is so exaggerated and blown out of proportion that it has no basis in reality.

Thats your opinion? You must hate all those valid links that get put out from numerous media including, Forbes, Time, Gamespot, Anandtech, The Guardian, plus every single video game related site.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#15Devilanse333Posted 8/3/2013 2:57:26 PM
Not worried at all. Why should you be? Anyone who can form their own opinions and not be swayed by whiny brats who treat a game system like its political partisanship shouldn't be worried. I'm not "Team-Xbox" or "Team-Sony"...I'm "Team-buy whatever the hell I want".
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: DevilAnse33v2
PSN: DevilAnse33
#16youngskillzPosted 8/3/2013 5:26:30 PM
worried for a billion dollar greedy evil corporation ? as most are...

lol.

good one tc.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Break of Dusk, Eye of The Enemy, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Solution .45, Destinity, Voices of Decay, Isolated.
#17TeremeiPosted 8/3/2013 5:41:24 PM
Laylow12 posted...
GondolinRises posted...
I am quite worried actually. The more reassurance topics I see, the more I suspect something bad about the xb1. The more trolling from the xb1 representatives I see, the more I feel like the xb1 is in serious trouble. Or else why the need for all these terrible behaviors? Why the need to call everyone who has a dissenting opinion about the xb1 a pony?

They can't actually talk about the topic at hand because they know they'll lose, so they attack the messenger. Typical shill behavior, but it's to be expected.

Let me ask you something. Do you plan on buying a PS4? Do you own a PS3? A Vita? PSP? Nintendo 3DS? Any game system? Are you a shill just because you buy a game system? What make someone a shill just because they are considering buying a game system? I ask you this question because you seem very intelligent and capable of answering it in a grown up way without being snarky or immature.
---
last $$: Skyrim Legendary PS3, Last of Us, Max Payne 3 PS3, Project X Zone, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Wii U
Playing: tLoU
#18Robtcee13Posted 8/3/2013 6:01:01 PM
I was worried back when Microsoft had a whole load of terrible policies that would cause significant sweeping damage to the industry, but now that those are gone it's not as bad of a feeling. Frankly, I don't care how the Xbox One does as long as it doesn't start a trend of always-online or mandatory gimmicks in gaming.

All I'd worry about if I were invested in the console is the fact that, as a core gaming console, it could end up having garbage games. Mandatory kinect is kind of like the whole mandatory wiimote thing. It's something that everybody has, so the developers have to use it right? They have no reason not to, right? The thing is, there's a whole lot more to making good mechanically sound games than throwing in gimmicks because they exist. Anything I've heard about the kinect games led me to only feel like the games just won't be well designed.
Let's take some examples of kinect implementation. What if you have voice commands for your squad? Well, you could shout an order and the squad could either ignore it or do something entirely different. What if, like Dead Rising 3, the kinect would sense sound in your area and would call a ton of zombies if you were noisy? Well, then all of a sudden one of the most important things in game design-- feedback-- is administered completely arbitrarily. You screwed up, a bunch of zombies are coming. Well, what was your mistake? The dogs barked. In real life. Too bad that has nothing to do with your actual skill as a player.
What's next? Wave your arm to do the melee attack in an FPS? Why can't we just map things to buttons that have worked perfectly fine throughout all the history of gaming? The Xbox One has the potential to be the gimmick of this generation.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#19Laylow12Posted 8/3/2013 9:55:32 PM
Teremei posted...
Laylow12 posted...
GondolinRises posted...

Let me ask you something. Do you plan on buying a PS4? Do you own a PS3? A Vita? PSP? Nintendo 3DS? Any game system? Are you a shill just because you buy a game system? What make someone a shill just because they are considering buying a game system? I ask you this question because you seem very intelligent and capable of answering it in a grown up way without being snarky or immature.

Not sure if serious but ill run with this..

Yes I'm buying PS4. I sincerely wish I was buying the XBOX ONE as well but the focus on advertisement and the NSA spy scandal has got me thinking no. The lets screw over the gamer in every possible way attitude by Microsoft isn't endearing to me.

I don't own a PS3 or a Vita or a PSP or 3DS. I do have nearly every game console from the past gens and have every major title release on XBOX 360 and lots of less then major titles. I have over $1000 in xbl arcade titles. I even bought a Star Wars XBOX 360 because I thought it was bad ass. Point is before MS tried to screw us with the DRM BS and got caught up in the spy scandal and now make KINECT 2.0 Mandatory, I was a huge XBOX fan.

No, buying a console doesn't make you a shill IMO. Blindly defending a console to the point where you ignore logic, popular opinion and name call because you've run out of options is shill-like behavior. That's nearly all I see from the pro MS side and it does paint an ugly picture for them when they can't answer legit questions and instead call names. There are some decent and cool pro MS guys/gals and I do appreciate their opinion. There's some bad apples on both sides.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#20crucialPosted 8/3/2013 10:18:43 PM
Not worried at all I would just buy them both instead of just X1,Sonys online is total garbage and Vita is only good when you take poops because thats what it is.