For what it's worth, I may dislike the XB1 but...

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 8/2/2013 9:26:03 PM
I dislike the XB1, but 2 common complaints are things that I don't agree with.

- The spying controversy is honestly not something I am worried about in the very least. Sure, a government force or whatever could demand control of something like that, but then again, the same could be done for a lot of devices. Pretty sure cellphones are used in such cases more than we think.

- Launch issues like RRoD are not something I am worried about for any of the two consoles. 2013 is a better year for technology reliability than 2006-7. And honestly, the XB1 has more vents than an apartment complex. The PS4 also seems okay in my mind.

Now, ask me anything else about the XB1, that would be a different topic. But I am at least aware that those arguments are weak. I'm sure you guys could maybe admit weak arguments over the PS4 as well. I know some of you certainly should.
#2RebelGameMasterPosted 8/2/2013 9:33:31 PM
>:Sure, a government force or whatever could demand control
Not that a government force COULD demand control... it's that one already has!

>:Pretty sure cellphones are used in such cases more than we think.
Yeah, and their waves also may give you a tumor. Doesn't mean we should go play in toxic waste.
---
:)
#3DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/2/2013 10:20:01 PM
And Kinect spying is about as likely as cell phone tumors. So....
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#4Orange_ApplesPosted 8/2/2013 10:25:11 PM
Don't forget you pay a premium to get ads ADDED to your console.

And no it isn't just the little box in the corner labeled "advertisement" it's the big box panel in the middle of many of those tabs on the 360.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#5LoneWolf4545Posted 8/2/2013 10:27:13 PM
Orange_Apples posted...

And no it isn't just the little box in the corner labeled "advertisement" it's the big box panel in the middle of many of those tabs on the 360.

Ads that don't do anything to hinder your gameplay experience. Or make it harder to actually do something on the console.
#6RedFive3Posted 8/2/2013 10:30:40 PM(edited)
Orange_Apples posted...

So what. I pay for cable TV and there are ads everywhere. I pay to go to a baseball/football game and there are ads everywhere. Seriously, people need to stop crying about ads, they are EVERYWHERE!

Oh, and the PS4 will have them too!
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#7ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 10:30:43 PM
Whoa, this topic got derailed pretty quickly.
#8SaintFC_Posted 8/2/2013 10:46:27 PM
RedFive3 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

So what. I pay for cable TV and there are ads everywhere. I pay to go to a baseball/football game and there are ads everywhere. Seriously, people need to stop crying about ads, they are EVERYWHERE!

Oh, and the PS4 will have them too!

I agree with you though that doesn't make it ok, there are way too many adverts in modern life and the X1 is just perpetuating that.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#9AdriGodPosted 8/2/2013 10:58:37 PM
I couldn't agree with this topic anymore. Out of all the things wrong with the X1, the main thing people dislike about the console is that there's an extremely slight chance that maybe the government might hack into your kinect and spy on you. Get over yourselves, nobody wants to watch you sit in front of your TV. I'm sure you most of you guys own web cams and cell phones any way.
#102ndAtomiskPosted 8/2/2013 11:01:32 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Whoa, this topic got derailed pretty quickly.

Yeah, topics on this board seem to go from fairly innocent to beastiality in less then 5 posts.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine