For what it's worth, I may dislike the XB1 but...

#11Orange_ApplesPosted 8/2/2013 11:10:31 PM
LoneWolf4545 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
Don't forget you pay a premium to get ads ADDED to your console.

And no it isn't just the little box in the corner labeled "advertisement" it's the big box panel in the middle of many of those tabs on the 360.

Ads that don't do anything to hinder your gameplay experience. Or make it harder to actually do something on the console.

Well, they certainly don't make things harder considering 360's dashboard was always a cluttered mess.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#12zephirrainesPosted 8/2/2013 11:31:42 PM
Orange_Apples posted...

And no it isn't just the little box in the corner labeled "advertisement" it's the big box panel in the middle of many of those tabs on the 360.

Yeah damn ads for the many sales and new DLC added! Sure its game related but we don't by systems for games we buy them for social features, blu ray and netflix. Oh wait that would be Sony's fanbase.....
#13ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 11:34:25 PM
Many arguments/debates about the ads are already being done here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66886893

(just fyi)
#14TheBorderColliePosted 8/2/2013 11:38:21 PM
What's hilarious is that Sony can go to the lengths of completely re-skinning the entire PSN site with CoD banner ads and wallpaper (which they've done in the past)....And yet it's supposedly MS that's terrible for having ads in a tiny insignificant box that doesn't intrude on what you're doing to begin with.

LOL

Hell, even with PSN's newest design you have to actually scroll past embedded ads in order to advance in some of the sections!!
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
FACT: If you have privacy concerns about Kinect 2.0, then you better not have a smartphone either.
#15Orange_ApplesPosted 8/2/2013 11:39:07 PM
zephirraines posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

Yeah damn ads for the many sales and new DLC added! Sure its game related but we don't by systems for games we buy them for social features, blu ray and netflix. Oh wait that would be Sony's fanbase.....

when you're on the games tab yeah. The last time I saw a 360 get turned on the first thing I noticed was that Warm Bodies was available on the marketplace because it had a big box panel on the middle of the home tab.

Not a game
Not DLC
Not even a sale
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#16zephirrainesPosted 8/2/2013 11:44:32 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
zephirraines posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

when you're on the games tab yeah. The last time I saw a 360 get turned on the first thing I noticed was that Warm Bodies was available on the marketplace because it had a big box panel on the middle of the home tab.

Not a game
Not DLC
Not even a sale

I turn on my 360 every day and i didn't notice that so that tells me one of two things.

1. You are lying and it was on the video tab when you saw it.
2. You are telling the truth but the ad was so out of the way i never cared.

Now before you say "it was in the center of the boxes!". Who cares unless you like to stare at your dashboard all day real people would have clicked Play Disc with one button or navigated to their pins without ever even cycling over the add unless they cared to see it.
#17LoneWolf4545Posted 8/2/2013 11:51:28 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
LoneWolf4545 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

Ads that don't do anything to hinder your gameplay experience. Or make it harder to actually do something on the console.

Well, they certainly don't make things harder considering 360's dashboard was always a cluttered mess.

I would hardly call it cluttered. If you don't want to look at ads then only look at the far left side I the screen. That's where everything that is important is. There is absolutely no reason to even look at ads unless you want to know what the ads are for.

Its pretty damn easy to navigate actually.
#18zephirrainesPosted 8/2/2013 11:55:57 PM
LoneWolf4545 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
LoneWolf4545 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

I would hardly call it cluttered. If you don't want to look at ads then only look at the far left side I the screen. That's where everything that is important is. There is absolutely no reason to even look at ads unless you want to know what the ads are for.

Its pretty damn easy to navigate actually.

I agree. I have found some great sales that i would have never noticed without the ads.
#19singhellotakuPosted 8/3/2013 2:02:14 AM
AdriGod posted...
I couldn't agree with this topic anymore. Out of all the things wrong with the X1, the main thing people dislike about the console is that there's an extremely slight chance that maybe the government might hack into your kinect and spy on you. Get over yourselves, nobody wants to watch you sit in front of your TV. I'm sure you most of you guys own web cams and cell phones any way.

"I couldn't agree with this topic anymore" just fyi that little grammar mistake means you don't agree with tc,