Thanks to the Cloud, XboxOne will dominate MP games.

#1TyrannicalPosted 8/3/2013 1:37:07 AM
Thanks to the Cloud, XboxOne will dominate MP games. Not only is it dedicated servers, but the Cloud is designed to be able to offload some CPU intensive operations onto the cloud servers.

It might not make a big difference on launch titles, but by the time first party titles like Halo V come out they'll be able to run dozens or hundreds of AI controlled enemies and allies in MP scenarios that simply won't be possible on the PS4. Why just have 16x16 Spartan combat when each spartan could lead their own group of marines to give them a hand?

I predict it!
---
Australian customs: Do you have a criminal record?
Me: I didn't think you needed one anymore.
#2noname2lazyPosted 8/3/2013 1:39:22 AM
Reassurance topic #21467
#3THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 8/3/2013 1:44:43 AM
noname2lazy posted...
Reassurance topic #21467
#4SW1FT_AcTi0nzPosted 8/3/2013 1:46:26 AM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
noname2lazy posted...
Reassurance topic #21467

---
"Well, it was nice knowing ya! I hear getting eaten alive by Bullymongs isn't such a bad way to go."-Claptrap
#5babamigPosted 8/3/2013 1:55:50 AM
oh meh god it'z ze cloud of ze infinite's power's
#6Spetsnaz420Posted 8/3/2013 2:11:58 AM
LoL wow
---
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#7gzus_ADPosted 8/3/2013 2:20:11 AM
Why do Xbox fans think "the cloud" is exclusive to MSFT? Just because Sony doesn't make mention of it doesn't preclude them from utilizing it too.
---
[PSN]: stray_dog_strut // Latest ink: http://imgur.com/wTIEDNJ
End all war now // I write @ http://writersbloq.com/frank-noh
#8SabramPosted 8/3/2013 2:30:33 AM
Sony has a cloud system as well you know. Unlike Ms though, they uses they're going to put their cloud to are you know, actually possible.

Internet latency will make actual cloud computing worse for MS than it would be if it had been performed by the actual system. Plus you cannot rely on it too much, since no two people in an online match will usually have the same internet speeds, which would mean different access times to the computed data. Which will screw up everyone involved.

P1 "Hey, move your Spartan squad to ralley point B!"
P2 "I already did, can't you see them?"
P1 "No, they're just running into a wall right now"
---
Official Switch Lightsword & Bowshieldgun of the MH3U Board.
Gamertag: Sabram PSN: Sabram
#9Tyrannical(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 2:47:50 AM
Sabram posted...
Sony has a cloud system as well you know. Unlike Ms though, they uses they're going to put their cloud to are you know, actually possible.

Internet latency will make actual cloud computing worse for MS than it would be if it had been performed by the actual system. Plus you cannot rely on it too much, since no two people in an online match will usually have the same internet speeds, which would mean different access times to the computed data. Which will screw up everyone involved.

P1 "Hey, move your Spartan squad to ralley point B!"
P2 "I already did, can't you see them?"
P1 "No, they're just running into a wall right now"

I'm sorry, you must have dedicated server confused with host / off host problems.

The Cloud is the real next gen killer app, and MS has spent a lot of time getting it to work just as I have predicted. Cloud is a good name, because from it will rain Sony fan boy tears.
---
Australian customs: Do you have a criminal record?
Me: I didn't think you needed one anymore.
#10chrish909Posted 8/3/2013 4:06:08 AM
The whole first page of this post is nothing but sony fanboys. Anything positive about x1 ia automatically labeled reassureance topic.

You guys do realize that no one will buy a ps4 unless they like knack killzone or driveclub. Basically no one