So having a camera that can spy on you is cool...

#1TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 8/3/2013 7:37:38 AM
As long as the camera includes fun video games? Seriously, that alone is the reason I won't get this system now that they did the 180. I can't trust my own government, which claims to be of the people, by the people, and for the people. I certainly can't trust a company who cares more about money than anything else.

What is it about this mandatory always on Kinect thing that doesn't bother you? Maybe it would put me at ease.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#2TrueBlue91Posted 8/3/2013 7:39:57 AM
Also, it's not like there are no good alternatives if you really need your gaming lol
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#3Kuro-chan_101Posted 8/3/2013 7:41:28 AM
No worries. This excuse for a 'console' did a great job discouraging me from getting into the 8th generation altogether. None of them. No WiiU. No 3DS. No PS4. No Xbone 180.

I'm going to stick with older consoles indefinitely until I see something resembling common sense emerge from the gaming industry.
---
~ Kuro-chan.
I love my older consoles! <33
#4SaintFC_Posted 8/3/2013 7:41:50 AM
It's a TJ unlimited topic!

I remember you.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#5Kuro-chan_101Posted 8/3/2013 7:42:33 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Also, it's not like there are no good alternatives if you really need your gaming lol

Exactly.

There is a mountain of alternatives. Gamers have the right to say no to this increasing nonsense from the industry.
---
~ Kuro-chan.
I love my older consoles! <33
#6MrImpatient35Posted 8/3/2013 7:43:03 AM
I'm not worried about it for several reasons. It's not like we've never been spied on before. What's it called?? The Patriot Act? Yeah. Spying on Americans has been going on for years.

Also, doesn't other appliances have the same ability to spy on you, like your cell phone, laptop, desktop, etc? I think the new Google phone can. They talked about that possibility a while ago.

Also, when I'm not gaming, I could very easily cover the lens with...anything really. A folder up piece of paper, my yoga band, etc.

This theory of it spying on you has already be debunked, but nobody believes it apparently.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!
#7SilentS89Posted 8/3/2013 7:44:20 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
Also, when I'm not gaming, I could very easily cover the lens with...anything really. A folder up piece of paper, my yoga band, etc.

What about the four microphones?
#8TwinmoldPosted 8/3/2013 7:44:25 AM
I thought tin foilers were a myth perpetuated by the History Channel, but the internet proved me wrong.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#9fallangePosted 8/3/2013 7:47:08 AM
This is a perfect example of the Sony circle jerk in full force. You guys really love giving those reach arounds to each other, how cute!
---
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!
#10TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 7:48:01 AM
Twinmold posted...
I thought tin foilers were a myth perpetuated by the History Channel, but the internet proved me wrong.

http://www.bbsradio.com/cgi-bin/webbbs/archive_config.pl?md=read;id=2351

Feel free to live in ignorance if you want, but I won't. I'm sure you plan to come back denying it without doing any research of your own.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D