So having a camera that can spy on you is cool...

#31TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 8:19:52 AM(edited)
DesperateMonkey posted...
Kuro-chan_101 posted...
The topic creator did and said nothing to promote the PS4.

Attacking the person instead of arguing the message is a cowardly way of trying to destroy credibility. It also says you have nothing to argue with, proving him right.

Except topic creator is a known troll. He gets annoyed when people talk bad about Sony and doesn't care about anything that Sony does and tells people not to get this console. Its pretty hilarious that you guys think this level of stealth trolling works at all.

Show ONE instance of me being annoyed when someone talks bad about Sony, just ONE.

I'll tell you now, you can't, because I simply don't gaf. I make no money from their profits.
Now you can run along until you think of something else to make up.

EDIT: Here's one fact for you, you're one of those guys who throws around "troll" every time someone says something you don't agree with. In other words, that word has zero meaning when it comes from you.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#32Skynet82997Posted 8/3/2013 8:17:28 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
I'm not worried about it for several reasons. It's not like we've never been spied on before. What's it called?? The Patriot Act? Yeah. Spying on Americans has been going on for years.

Also, doesn't other appliances have the same ability to spy on you, like your cell phone, laptop, desktop, etc? I think the new Google phone can. They talked about that possibility a while ago.

Also, when I'm not gaming, I could very easily cover the lens with...anything really. A folder up piece of paper, my yoga band, etc.

This theory of it spying on you has already be debunked, but nobody believes it apparently.

Oh you mean the whole thing about it only listening for a single phrase, "Xbox on" when it's off? Spare me. Unless this is some Skynet self-aware stuff, it can't tune out every bit of conversation except for "Xbox on."

Honestly, I have nothing to do with this.

I'm WAY too busy trying to kill John Connor and his annoying as hell mother.....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#33cheese_game619Posted 8/3/2013 8:22:19 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
Also, when I'm not gaming, I could very easily cover the lens with...anything really. A folder up piece of paper, my yoga band, etc.

why would you pay for something that makes you feel like you might have to do that
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#34DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/3/2013 8:36:04 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Kuro-chan_101 posted...

Attacking the person instead of arguing the message is a cowardly way of trying to destroy credibility. It also says you have nothing to argue with, proving him right.

Except topic creator is a known troll. He gets annoyed when people talk bad about Sony and doesn't care about anything that Sony does and tells people not to get this console. Its pretty hilarious that you guys think this level of stealth trolling works at all.

Show ONE instance of me being annoyed when someone talks bad about Sony, just ONE.

I'll tell you now, you can't, because I simply don't gaf. I make no money from their profits.

EDIT: Here's one fact for you, you're one of those guys who throws around "troll" every time someone says something you don't agree with. In other words, that word has zero meaning when it comes from you.

Actually, I had an entire topic with you about it. You were pretty much a troll. I responded to your post about why NOT TO GET AN XBOX AT LAUNCH! with three different points, one of them mentioning Sony.

But guess what? You ignored ALL the points because you said "well can anyone not say anything about Sony in their reply?".

Then we give you reasonable reasons why RROD won't happen but you refuse to believe them and say "well people don't always learn from their mistakes" and "Yeah MS lost $1 billion but they don't care because they have $230 billion so they can just make another bad product and then pay us again!".

You are the dumbest stealth troll around here, mostly because you think your disguises is even remotely convincing.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#35DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/3/2013 8:37:25 AM(edited)
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Kuro-chan_101 posted...

Actually, I had an entire topic with you about it. You were pretty much a troll. I responded to your post about why NOT TO GET AN XBOX AT LAUNCH! with three different points, one of them mentioning Sony.

But guess what? You ignored ALL the points because you said "well can anyone not say anything about Sony in their reply?".

Then we give you reasonable reasons why RROD won't happen but you refuse to believe them and say "well people don't always learn from their mistakes" and "Yeah MS lost $1 billion but they don't care because they have $230 billion so they can just make another bad product and then pay us again!". So its reasonable to assume MS is willing to spend billions while still suffering a reputation loss but not millions on the manufacturing process so they don't have to do that in the first place??? Yeah that makes sense!

You are the silliest stealth troll around here, mostly because you think your disguises is even remotely convincing.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#36stekim40Posted 8/3/2013 8:40:45 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
As long as the camera includes fun video games? Seriously, that alone is the reason I won't get this system now that they did the 180. I can't trust my own government, which claims to be of the people, by the people, and for the people. I certainly can't trust a company who cares more about money than anything else.

What is it about this mandatory always on Kinect thing that doesn't bother you? Maybe it would put me at ease.

Totally feel the same.

I love my 360 have have over 80 boxed games for it, I was never interested in the PS4 as I 'knew' I was going the buy the next xbox day 1. ..then along came the mandatory kinect and I'm forced to move to a different console just because I refuse to have a kinect.. :(
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#37GondolinRisesPosted 8/3/2013 8:45:12 AM
To be fair it's not ok even when it's part of a videogame. The problem is here there are numerous xb1 trolls who take the opportunity to troll people with legitimate concerns by flaming them and yelling things about tinfoil ponies.

They seem to turn in to incoherent ranting maniacs anytime it's mentioned that the kinect 2.0 could be used to gather everything about you. How you react to certain commercials, how you talk to people and who you associate with, your health...the camera is so precise it can tell what prescriptions you take if you take them in front of it.

All these things can be abused and that's a problem. Microsoft isn't giving the control to the user, they have taken that control so they can sell the data they collect for billions to various other companies. It's not a good thing.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#38TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 9:00:04 AM(edited)
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Kuro-chan_101 posted...

Then we give you reasonable reasons why RROD won't happen but you refuse to believe them and say "well people don't always learn from their mistakes" and "Yeah MS lost $1 billion but they don't care because they have $230 billion so they can just make another bad product and then pay us again!". So its reasonable to assume MS is willing to spend billions while still suffering a reputation loss but not millions on the manufacturing process so they don't have to do that in the first place??? Yeah that makes sense!

You are the silliest stealth troll around here, mostly because you think your disguises is even remotely convincing.

Oh you mean this topic:

http://gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66875772

You started off your post with finger pointing so no I didn't take that seriously, your other points were ok and somewhat misleading, at least according to my quick goggle search. A little over a billion isn't "billions." 8th Wonder on the 2nd page had a much better response that didn't involve childish "so and so does it too" and it made me see things differently, I already told him that. Also, please stop pulling numbers out of your ass.

None of my posts in that topic indicated annoyance over someone bad mouthing Sony, but you running around screaming troll tells me you're obviously annoyed. As I said in this topic as well, "but but but so an so did it too" is a horrible argument. That's why I always dismiss it. Mostly thanks to 8th Wonder, RROD isn't my concern anymore, which leaves this camera as the sole concern.

Finally, for the last time, that topic questioned why people would get it at LAUNCH. That's it. You thinking that automatically means I think everyone should jump up and get a ps4 is your personal problem with reading comprehension, not mine.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#39TheBorderColliePosted 8/3/2013 9:41:54 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
This theory of it spying on you has already be debunked, but nobody believes it apparently.

Ehh....Most of these so-called "concerned people" are merely Sony Fanboys who never had any intention on buying an XB1 to begin with.

So their opinion is rather worthless.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
FACT: If you have privacy concerns about Kinect 2.0, then you better not have a smartphone either.
#40SoulTrapperPosted 8/3/2013 11:14:53 AM(edited)
SaintFC_ posted...

It's not an argument for or against it's merely a fact that we carry microphones around with us every day, every phone conversation could be listened to.

Remember I only said same basic functionality.

Also how is Kinect on 24/7? Unplug it from the mains, why does no one think of this?

Again I'm not arguing for or against this information as I'm still unsure, I'm just stating the inconsistency of the mistrust.

That's true, I'm not denying that.

Everyone knows it's possible to unplug it, that's not the issue.
The issue is that you need to have it plugged in when playing games, that it's not optional.
There is not a single good reason for this.

I don't want a kinect, I don't need a kinect. Trying to force me to get one and forcing me to keep it plugged in makes me question why exactly they'd do this.

What inconsistencies are you talking about, could you specify?
There's a huge difference between a camera pointed at your face in your living room and a cellphone.
---
PSN: El_Coon