So having a camera that can spy on you is cool...

#71gogogodzillaPosted 8/3/2013 11:49:08 PM
SaintFC_ posted...
gogogodzilla posted...
SaintFC_ posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Twinmold posted...
I thought tin foilers were a myth perpetuated by the History Channel, but the internet proved me wrong.

http://www.bbsradio.com/cgi-bin/webbbs/archive_config.pl?md=read;id=2351

Feel free to live in ignorance if you want, but I won't. I'm sure you plan to come back denying it without doing any research of your own.

You do realise that mobile/cell phones have the same basic functionality in regards to 'spying'?

Mobile phones have their cameras covered 89% of the time. Covered in either pocket fabric or cellphone case microfiber. You must be one of the other 11% that keeps their cellphone camera trained on them.

Just like what the Kinect requires for XBone usage.

SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY, you do know what that means right? Every phone call you make could be listened to.

Why do people try to twist your words to make an argument out of nothing???

So... you are a special person who believes cameras listen in on you? For the thread dealt with *cameras*.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#72SaintFC_Posted 8/3/2013 11:51:04 PM
When have I said cameras? Go on I'll wait.

SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY

Do you understand now or do I have to say it again?
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#73gogogodzillaPosted 8/3/2013 11:53:23 PM
SaintFC_ posted...

SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY

When you replied to a thread about cellphone cameras... you, by the act of replying to it, are talking about cellphone cameras.

And you think that cameras can listen to you.
---
#74SaintFC_Posted 8/3/2013 11:55:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#75gogogodzillaPosted 8/4/2013 12:03:54 AM
SaintFC_ posted...
gogogodzilla posted...
SaintFC_ posted...

When you replied to a thread about cellphone cameras... you, by the act of replying to it, are talking about cellphone cameras.

And you think that cameras can listen to you.

You're quite literally an idiot. If you can't understand this basic concept then there is no point trying to educate you.

Says the person who replies to a thread talking about cellphone cameras... and talks about how they can listen to your conversations.

Just admit you made a mistake. And then post your own post about cellphone microphones.
---
#76SoulTrapperPosted 8/4/2013 12:04:00 AM
SaintFC_ posted...

SAME BASIC FUNCTIONALITY, you do know what that means right? Every phone call you make could be listened to.

So because cellphones have the ability to be used to spy on people, I should just place an HD infrared camera that send data to MS servers in my living room as well?

A toy car and a real car have the same basic functionality as well, yet if I run you over with a real one the result would be much worse then getting hit by a toy car.

Just because one thing does something bad, doesn't mean it's okay for another thing to do the same.

Make it so kinect doesn't need to be plugged in and you take away all of these concerns.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#77doc1369Posted 8/4/2013 7:52:38 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
SaintFC_ posted...

So because cellphones have the ability to be used to spy on people, I should just place an HD infrared camera that send data to MS servers in my living room as well?

A toy car and a real car have the same basic functionality as well, yet if I run you over with a real one the result would be much worse then getting hit by a toy car.

Just because one thing does something bad, doesn't mean it's okay for another thing to do the same.

Make it so kinect doesn't need to be plugged in and you take away all of these concerns.

You are correct that one does not justify the other. The problem is thinking only a camera sold by Microsoft will be used to watch you. Every camera sold connected to any system is used to watch you. So it is not a matter of if you want to be watch anymore, just if you want to let it bother you. If you let it bother you the onserviely person you hurt is yourself. Not enjoying your free time playing video games does nothing to effect the serveillance. Every company gives information about you to the government collected by the product you purchased from them. Cool huh?
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#78cheese_game619Posted 8/4/2013 8:27:56 AM
doc1369 posted...
You are correct that one does not justify the other. The problem is thinking only a camera sold by Microsoft will be used to watch you. Every camera sold connected to any system is used to watch you. So it is not a matter of if you want to be watch anymore, just if you want to let it bother you. If you let it bother you the onserviely person you hurt is yourself. Not enjoying your free time playing video games does nothing to effect the serveillance. Every company gives information about you to the government collected by the product you purchased from them. Cool huh?

uh, no

not every camera in existence is a government tool and the government has not got deals going on with every company, that would be a hard secret to keep

hell, even if this were true, i still dont see how this attitude proves anything other than you seem to expect that everyone should give up on privacy just because you have
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#79M1911A1Posted 8/4/2013 8:32:01 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
SaintFC_ posted...

You do realise that mobile/cell phones have the same basic functionality in regards to 'spying'?

That's true, certain smartphones do have the same capabilities.

Couple of differences though:

- You can disable those cameras with a simple app, you can't remove or fully turn off kinect

- Cellphones are usually not aimed at your living room sofa 24/7

I wouldn't advice anyone to get either.

Or were you trying to say "It's okay for kinect to spy on me, because smartphones can do the same thing"?

Because that wouldn't really be a very good argument as to why kinect spying on people is acceptable.

If you're on your living room sofa 24/7 then you've got bigger problems then the government spying on you. Get outside some buddy.
#80doc1369Posted 8/4/2013 8:37:41 AM(edited)
cheese_game619 posted...
doc1369 posted...

uh, no

not every camera in existence is a government tool and the government has not got deals going on with every company, that would be a hard secret to keep

hell, even if this were true, i still dont see how this attitude proves anything other than you seem to expect that everyone should give up on privacy just because you have

Every company has to, not that they get anything out of it. To say not every camera is a tool is to think not every gun can kill. It is what it was made to do, simple as that. I for one would jump to anyones side with lightning speed if they wanted to do something about it, not just whine. I would give my life for it if it changed anything. I won't waste a breath for nothing.
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.