Does anyone actually expect a price drop?

#195_EclipsePosted 8/3/2013 6:47:33 AM
I just don't see it happening. They've done nothing but improve the console since its initial reveal. So unless they were charging an extra 100 bucks to give us DRM and remove ownership from the consumers, they have no real reason to lower the price.

I'd see it as more of the final act of desperation than anything, as it stands, the Ps4 will likely beat it in sales (by how much remains to be seen) but the XBO is unlikely to "fail" and I suspect it will outsell the Wii U. So why increase their losses financially?
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#2stekim40Posted 8/3/2013 6:49:29 AM
Dont care about the price, tbh as long as the kinect is mandatory I wouldn't buy it for 10.

All they need to do is remove the kinect and I'll buy and yes at current price..
Get that Microsoft.. You remove something and I'll pay extra :P
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#3MrImpatient35Posted 8/3/2013 6:51:41 AM
Selling more than the Wii U is a given. I'm sure that will be the case. I THINK they'll possibly drop the price if PS4 is selling way more than they are. It likely wont be by as much as people have been saying though. If they do it, it will prolly be by $50 instead of $100. But yeah, X1 seems to offer so many features, I can't imagine them dropping the price. Isn't the new iPhone like $750? Can it give you magic powers? X1 seems like a better choice.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!
#495_Eclipse(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 7:26:44 AM
If they dropped the Kinect, then the price drop would be within reason lol.

And it wasn't a given before the reversal lol. But, I was just curious if anyone actually thought the price drop was likely.

I think MS is in for a rough ride, but I don't see it failing, so an early price drop seems unlikely, and a pre release price drop highly unlikely.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.