If Nintendo went bankrupt, would it help the X1?

#1Sega9599Posted 8/3/2013 7:51:36 AM
What do you think? - Results (142 votes)
Yes, it would mean more people buying and supporting X1 games/franchises
4.23% (6 votes)
Yes, if it meant their franchises coming over to Microsoft consoles
7.04% (10 votes)
Yes they should concentrate on their handhelds
2.11% (3 votes)
Yes they should go back to making cards
0.7% (1 votes)
No because they would most likely go up for sale and be owned by EA/MS
0% (0 votes)
No, 3 main consoles is better than 2
14.79% (21 votes)
No because I like Nintendo and don't wish any harm on them
24.65% (35 votes)
No because they still have plenty of life left in them
26.76% (38 votes)
Other
4.93% (7 votes)
I don't care, it won't affect the X1's success in any shape or form.
14.79% (21 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Well? Would it be better for Nintendo to go out of business?
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#2White_Knight13Posted 8/3/2013 8:06:02 AM
I haven't owned a Wii or Wii U, but I can honestly say Nintendo is doing just fine and will not go bankrupt for a very long time.
#3SilentS89Posted 8/3/2013 8:07:53 AM
Microsoft wouldn't even notice Nintendo going bankrupt.

Microsoft cares about Google and Apple, not Nintendo and Sony.
#4StRealityPosted 8/3/2013 8:08:29 AM
Nintendo are very far from going bankrupt. But no, I don't think it would help anyone, I think most of the people that buy Nintendo consoles/ games do so for the first party games.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/31/exactly-how-bad-is-the-nintendo-situation
---
Xbox One Pre-ordered!
''La Li Lu Le Lo''
#595_EclipsePosted 8/3/2013 8:50:18 AM
No because if Nintendo goes bankrupt it will be a massive hit to the industry as a whole. Even though they have failed with the Wii U so far, they are still an integral part of the industry, and then you have the handheld side of the market (which extremely stupid people tend to mix in with the home console market these days for some reason, I think that's largely desperation to beat the Ps2 in total sales), which would be devastated by a loss of Nintendo.

I would like to see Nintendo change their focus, eat the losses, and release an actual next gen console though. Fill it with Sonic, Zelda and Mario games on it's launch, and release a 3d open world Pokemon game akin to the Gameboy games, and they'd have an instant success, that even I would buy. (gamecube was my last Nintendo console).
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#6LionHeart48Posted 8/3/2013 11:04:55 AM
Nintendo has been in the game longer than anyone, and they are loaded with money, they won't go bankrupt anytime soon.
---
IX > VI > VII > IV > VIII > V > X > XII > I > III > II > 50 miles down filled with human waste then XIII
#7rdangPosted 8/3/2013 11:08:37 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
No because if Nintendo goes bankrupt it will be a massive hit to the industry as a whole. Even though they have failed with the Wii U so far, they are still an integral part of the industry, and then you have the handheld side of the market (which extremely stupid people tend to mix in with the home console market these days for some reason, I think that's largely desperation to beat the Ps2 in total sales), which would be devastated by a loss of Nintendo.

I would like to see Nintendo change their focus, eat the losses, and release an actual next gen console though. Fill it with Sonic, Zelda and Mario games on it's launch, and release a 3d open world Pokemon game akin to the Gameboy games, and they'd have an instant success, that even I would buy. (gamecube was my last Nintendo console).

Yeah, this, but instead they make new IP's instead of rehashing mario and zelda.
---
GT: A CLOUD AI
PS: SKOUNDR3LOPE
#8SunDevil77Posted 8/3/2013 11:12:58 AM
rdang posted...
95_Eclipse posted...

Yeah, this, but instead they make new IP's instead of rehashing mario and zelda.

Each installment is quite different, though (except NSMB, that is getting old).

If their games weren't amazing, the same franchises would get old, but their library is expanding with franchises like Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, and (hopefully) the Wonderful 101 on the rise.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#9rdangPosted 8/3/2013 11:16:52 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
rdang posted...
95_Eclipse posted...

Each installment is quite different, though (except NSMB, that is getting old).

If their games weren't amazing, the same franchises would get old, but their library is expanding with franchises like Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, and (hopefully) the Wonderful 101 on the rise.

They are still okay, but remember when Nintendo came up with new franchises that were good? Remember when resident evil 4 was only on gamecube? What happened to those days?
---
GT: A CLOUD AI
PS: SKOUNDR3LOPE
#10StarGoyPosted 8/3/2013 11:55:02 AM
I've said it time and time again: Nintendo should be the Disney/Pixar of the industry by now. They even have Miyamoto as their Spielberg.

Imagine them putting out Mario and Zelda games with production values, animation, and voice-acting parallel with and Shrek, Up, and The Incredibles, and Brave? All you need to do is take a good look at their franchises (Kid Icarus, Zelda, Mario, Star Fox, Donky Kong) to realise that this is the direction they need to go in.

So what's stopping them? Stupidity and stagnation, that's what.