There's nothing wrong with getting an X1 just to support American economy

#11labountiPosted 8/3/2013 1:08:28 PM
Just like buying Apple products supports America.
#12SunDevil77Posted 8/3/2013 1:12:38 PM
sworder posted...
the Bone won't be made in American soil.

Not many things are, mate.
I remember looking for a pair of pants one time and curiously looking at where each was made. Went to four stores. Not one pair made in America.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#13MetroidFan9999Posted 8/3/2013 1:12:49 PM
XD

The xbox is made in Mexico!

You know, the place these same people most likely would love to build a 40 foot high 20 foot deep wall along it's border!
---
Justin Bieber is a better musical artist than Eric Clapton (from a talent perspective, and more)
People who agree (running count): 438
#14lilj812Posted 8/3/2013 1:24:53 PM
Maybe I'm selfish... but I don't buy consoles to help the economy... I buy them for games.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#152DshmuploverPosted 8/3/2013 2:15:52 PM
I think there's a lot wrong with it if that's your main reason for getting one. If it's something that you feel is a good thing though then that's fair enough. I grow tried of all these bleeding heart liberals suggesting people are xenophobic and racists for wishing to support a product made in their country. Piss off!
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#16SparkItUpPosted 8/4/2013 3:04:31 AM
Grand_Blue posted...
Sometimes in discussions when people say that one of the reasons they will get an Xbox One over the PS4 to support their American economy, people will flame that person and that's ridiculous. First of all not everyone likes or cares about JRPGs. Then some people will buy it because they liked the 360 of they are loyal to the brand, like how people will buy Apple products or Beats headphones even though there are cheaper alternatives. Likewise I don't care about why people will buy the PS4 and it's none of my business.

The only thing you are supporting are jobs in China (in the interest of being fair, I believe both Nintendo & Sony do as well). The only groups that really get money in America are the corporations such as Microsoft, Walmart, ,various other corporate retailers and their various executives. There really is no gain for the average American coming out of this. About the only case you could make is for delivery companies such as UPS, FED Ex, etc. And that is a minimal & temporary gain at best.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#17HeavyLightPosted 8/4/2013 3:52:19 AM
support a monopolistic company with EA like tactics?
hell no
there is another better US companies to support
---
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789
#18ViryuPosted 8/4/2013 4:34:43 AM
There's nothing wrong with getting PS4 just to support civil rights and freedom all over the world.
#19ParappaTheHATERPosted 8/4/2013 5:15:21 AM
Yeah there is, you're a messed up individual
---
XboxLive Dinosaur Xtreme
SSBB 0860-2901-7271
#20djrudenPosted 8/4/2013 5:23:30 AM
Spending money doesn't save an economy. What the US needs to overcome this recession is SAVINGS and PRODUCTION. Spending is the exact opposite. That is what has gotten USA into economic troubles.

We are hitting all time lows in savings rates. Savings represent the fractional reserve a bank can use to give out loans and it also represents future consumption by the one doing the saving. Once banks have enough money they can lend out to businesses that can build for the future. That is how an economy grows.

Spending frivolously on video games will only help ensure the oncoming crash.