Why do Americans like their video game consoles to be so much bigger?

#11ORANGE666Posted 8/3/2013 2:06:47 PM
Deimir posted...
Right, because the original PS3 was a shining example of compact engineering.

PS3 had its PSU inside the console, while the X360 had a huge powerbrick outside. The PS3 had less overheating problems even though its PSU was inside heating everything up..
#122DshmuploverPosted 8/3/2013 2:12:05 PM
They don't.

I'm not American but that is a ridiculous stereotype.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#13chiefofsb78Posted 8/3/2013 2:17:59 PM
Deimir posted...
Right, because the original PS3 was a shining example of compact engineering.

Actually it was it's alot smaller than a clunky PC tower do you know a console that was made smaller with that much power i don't think so
---
killerinstinctonline
#14Dev445Posted 8/3/2013 2:26:39 PM
Don't you know TC that bigger is better, 3DS XL, HD TV's, a certain body part on men, yeah woman like em big. You know what im saying XD ya feel me
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#15Draconas_LyrrPosted 8/3/2013 2:45:15 PM
I like my handheld consoles bigger, but I don't really care what the size of my normal console is.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Difference between "a" and "an": "a" comes before consonant sounds, "an" before vowel sounds.
#16CapnStankyPosted 8/3/2013 3:13:37 PM
Solnot posted...
The first XBOX was bigger than the PS2, now from the pics the XBOX ONE is gonna be bigger than the PS4, why does this keep happening in America?

The console that sold the most in the US was the Wii. A small console. In other words, you argument is moronic.
#17youngskillzPosted 8/3/2013 5:11:42 PM
ms made the console, they aren't the whole usa gamer population....

i prefer the ps4's size an look personally.

ms went with the old vcr/stackable home media look, it's rather ugly an bulky.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Break of Dusk, Eye of The Enemy, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Solution .45, Destinity, Voices of Decay, Isolated.
#18doc1369Posted 8/3/2013 6:25:09 PM
How many post will it take for someone to notice that the X1 is not made in America?

Oopso
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#19Mr_arizonaPosted 8/3/2013 6:29:28 PM
I'm sure their mentality in designing the systems isn't bigger is better. They just have to make sure the console is adequate size for a disc drive, all the hardware, and proper ventilation/air flow.

If these companies could make a console the size of 1 die (dice) they would.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#20eibonPosted 8/3/2013 6:51:15 PM
Solnot posted...
The first XBOX was bigger than the PS2, now from the pics the XBOX ONE is gonna be bigger than the PS4, why does this keep happening in America?

as has been said in this thread already the console is manufactured in China. but it was DESIGNED in America, so I'm assuming that's what you meant.

the answer to that question is simple. MS got burned by RRoD (to the tune of 1 billion dollars) so they want to ensure their that doesn't happen again. this time the court ordered cost to MS for all the inevitable xbox1 failures due to the inferior MS hardware design should be closer to $500 million dollars, so that is a significantly lower cost.

as to the reason why, perhaps they oriented the fans in the wrong direction. like they made the heat-sink fan blowing upwards rather than downwards onto the heat-sink. that's the sort of amateurish mistake I would expect from MS hardware "engineers."