BF4 is optimized for Xbox and why most games will be this way.

#1mrshowtime333Posted 8/3/2013 5:48:30 PM
http://www.info-pc.info/2013/07/battlefield-4-next-gen-battlelog-20.html

"Now this is the interesting bit, DICE confirms that the Frostbite 3 engine supports DirectX 11.1 API as revealed by DSOGaming.
“We use DX11.1, there are some optimizations in it (constant buffer offsets, dynamic buffers as SRVs) that we got in to the the API that improves CPU performance in our rendering when one runs with DX11.1. This will be in BF4.”
This means that PC and Xbox One versions of Battlefield 4 would be more optimized than PlayStation 4. "

That is something nobody seems to talk about. Xbox supports DirectX 11. Sony is using OpenGL.

Beings that most every game is developed on PC, typically using DirectX, this inherently gives the Xbox One a leg up in multiplats.
#2fuzzykuffsPosted 8/3/2013 5:57:33 PM
Very interesting read. Thanks for sharing this.
#3tmtyfPosted 8/3/2013 5:59:05 PM
Excellent. I was wondering which platform to get this on and now I know :)
---
"You are just a puppet... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain..." -Sephiroth
#4Masterchief5525Posted 8/3/2013 6:08:11 PM
Cannot wait to have 64 player battles on the X1
#5GondolinRisesPosted 8/3/2013 6:10:17 PM
Cannot wait to have 64 player battles on the X1

eh...the idea od 64 live mics because no on has muted their kinect sounds so disruptive I can't imagine the game being enjoyable.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#6Pinoy441Posted 8/3/2013 6:11:23 PM
Playing BF on anything other then PC

Lol
---
*grabs popcorn*
#7RedFive3Posted 8/3/2013 6:11:25 PM
Nice. I have the X1 version preordered.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#8BSerenityPosted 8/3/2013 6:11:48 PM
mrshowtime333 posted...
http://www.info-pc.info/2013/07/battlefield-4-next-gen-battlelog-20.html

"Now this is the interesting bit, DICE confirms that the Frostbite 3 engine supports DirectX 11.1 API as revealed by DSOGaming.
“We use DX11.1, there are some optimizations in it (constant buffer offsets, dynamic buffers as SRVs) that we got in to the the API that improves CPU performance in our rendering when one runs with DX11.1. This will be in BF4.”
This means that PC and Xbox One versions of Battlefield 4 would be more optimized than PlayStation 4. "

That is something nobody seems to talk about. Xbox supports DirectX 11. Sony is using OpenGL.

Beings that most every game is developed on PC, typically using DirectX, this inherently gives the Xbox One a leg up in multiplats.

You and the writer have no idea what you are speaking of. Le sigh
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#995_EclipsePosted 8/3/2013 6:14:38 PM
So because they used something that was available to them, that makes it more optimized on one system over the other? o.o

Fascinating deduction, I'm pretty sure they used whatever the PS4 had as well though, but keep on telling yourselves this, I know fanbots are struggling against the Sony fanboys right now.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#10Dev445Posted 8/3/2013 6:16:48 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
So because they used something that was available to them, that makes it more optimized on one system over the other? o.o

Fascinating deduction, I'm pretty sure they used whatever the PS4 had as well though, but keep on telling yourselves this, I know fanbots are struggling against the Sony fanboys right now.

Denial
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist