If the Xbone is to compete.. where are the fans?

#1lilj812Posted 8/3/2013 6:56:40 PM
I see very few people supporting the Xbone. I see some rabid defenders, and I see them calling almost everyone else on the board "sony fanboys"... so if a huge majority of people here are sony fanboys... then where are the xbone fans? How will the xbone compete next generation if the majority of people are "sony fanboys?"
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#2JeDDyDPosted 8/3/2013 7:08:20 PM
mono means one and rail means rail
---
"Meanwhile, inside a nearby swordfish..."
#3userfrigginamePosted 8/3/2013 7:16:59 PM(edited)
Well, you know CoD? That very successful video game franchise? Well yeah, lotsa gamers (including here on Gamefaqs) bash that franchise, yet you wouldn't be able to tell it was successful just by seeing what ppl on a video game board have to say about it. General audiences are just bigger than hardcore gaming audiences (which I will define in this case as gamers who play more than just sports and shooters).
#4ManInGorillaSutPosted 8/3/2013 7:32:50 PM
JeDDyD posted...
mono means one and rail means rail

---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO
#5The_NightwingPosted 8/3/2013 7:51:53 PM
userfrigginame posted...
Well, you know CoD? That very successful video game franchise? Well yeah, lotsa gamers (including here on Gamefaqs) bash that franchise, yet you wouldn't be able to tell it was successful just by seeing what ppl on a video game board have to say about it. General audiences are just bigger than hardcore gaming audiences (which I will define in this case as gamers who play more than just sports and shooters).

And casual audiences tend to go for the cheaper product...
#6Ch3wyPosted 8/3/2013 7:54:34 PM
The_Nightwing posted...
userfrigginame posted...

Then explain Apple's success.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#7Yomonachi4Posted 8/3/2013 8:00:42 PM
Ch3wy posted...
The_Nightwing posted...
userfrigginame posted...

Then explain Apple's success.

That has to do with advertisement and the competition. Everything known to many people is Apple, Apple, Apple. It wasn't about price, it was keep going in one direction because there's nothing to branch off too. I mean, there is but it's not advertised as much as it should be.
#82ndAtomiskPosted 8/3/2013 8:05:06 PM
Personally, I don't care enough about any video game system to continuously type out I much I like/hate it. I'll do it once and be done. The games though are another story. I will fight tooth and nail to convince people Shinobido 2 is a good game.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#9BroncavPosted 8/3/2013 8:07:38 PM
The_Nightwing posted...
userfrigginame posted...

Casuals tend to go for what appeals to them and what is promoted well. That's why CoD and Halo do so well.
---
Being a fanboy = Defending and dedicating yourself to a piece of plastic, made by a corporation that doesn't care about you anyway.
#10CapwnDPosted 8/4/2013 9:13:30 AM
lilj812 posted...
I see very few people supporting the Xbone. I see some rabid defenders, and I see them calling almost everyone else on the board "sony fanboys"... so if a huge majority of people here are sony fanboys... then where are the xbone fans? How will the xbone compete next generation if the majority of people are "sony fanboys?"

The board is crap and overrun by trolls. Any topic that isn't crapping on MS, Xbox, or it's fans is quickly trolled until there is the obligatory amount of crap there too.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh