Better deal? Xbox One or PS4+Vita for $500?

#1orestes1981Posted 8/4/2013 8:32:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-21FjbNEChg

If anything, this would increase the install base of the Vita, which already has a more than a handful of great games and a ton of good ones.
---
Cappin' thine enemy isn't something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#2sworderPosted 8/4/2013 8:34:03 AM
I think it's unlikely for now, maybe in 2 years they might make this bundle? They still haven't bundled it with PS3

It would destroy Xbone tho
#3anonymous46773Posted 8/4/2013 8:35:45 AM
PS4 + Vita, obviously.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#4orestes1981(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 8:36:38 AM
That is just a rumor. But, they have two more shows to announce this (Gamescom & TGS). If they did announce this, Sony would be going in for the kill...
---
Cappin' thine enemy isn't something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#5SunDevil77Posted 8/4/2013 8:37:07 AM
It isn't going to happen unless the Vitas sales become even less.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#6orestes1981(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 8:41:32 AM(edited)
Currently, Sony combines PSP AND Vita sales when they announce numbers sold. Their last announcement was very disappointing. It would make sense if they want to increase the install base of the Vita AND increase a lead on Xbox One.
---
-Bill Maher
#7mrshowtime333Posted 8/4/2013 8:41:35 AM
orestes1981 posted...

If anything, this would increase the install base of the Vita, which already has a more than a handful of great games and a ton of good ones.

Sony cant afford to do this. They would be taking a gigantic hit on each SKU sold. They are barely surviving right now as it is. And having the larger install base of Vita wouldnt really do anything to help the cause. American adults dont play handhelds. Thats why Vita is a failure. Its not aimed at kiddies like Nintendo is. So basically the Vita bundled with this would just be used for second screen features. Nobody would buy games or accessories for it.
#8Hvv0l24n9Posted 8/4/2013 8:41:38 AM
Stupidest question I've seen asked here. Obviously the bundle is a better deal. You're getting a Vita for less than half the price.

I have a feeling this is an anti-One topic, though, so whatever.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#9SunDevil77Posted 8/4/2013 8:41:51 AM
orestes1981 posted...
Currently, Sony combines PSP AND Vita sales when they announce. Their last announcement was very disappointing. It would make sense if they want to increase the install base of the Vita.

They'd be losing a lot of money with a discount like that.
A price drop of about $50 on the Vita is a much more realistic option
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#10orestes1981(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 8:43:44 AM
mrshowtime333 posted...
orestes1981 posted...

Sony cant afford to do this. They would be taking a gigantic hit on each SKU sold. They are barely surviving right now as it is. And having the larger install base of Vita wouldnt really do anything to help the cause. American adults dont play handhelds. Thats why Vita is a failure. Its not aimed at kiddies like Nintendo is. So basically the Vita bundled with this would just be used for second screen features. Nobody would buy games or accessories for it.

Sony is doing fine. All you have is hyperbole and hope they do not release this. But, it is good to know that paid Sony insiders frequent the Xbox One board...
---
-Bill Maher