Dead Rising 3: zombie details

#1MrImpatient35Posted 8/4/2013 9:36:22 AM
Several new details have been revealed regarding the zombies in the forthcoming “Dead Rising 3.” According to a preview article from Game Front on Aug. 1, players will have a more challenging time dealing with the undead creatures. Capcom has made several changes so that the enemies would put up more resistance instead of often serving as nothing more than target practices.

One of the new zombie features that have been added in “Dead Rising 3” is increased awareness. If one of them managed to spot you, he or she will scream in order to attract the others to gather to the spot.

Furthermore, Capcom also teased that they have made the artificial intelligence of the zombies more advanced. As a result, the enemies are able to operate more as a group instead of a single individual. Players can take advantage of this by setting off a loud noise (like screaming something using the Kinect accessory, for example) in a different direction in order to cause a distraction.

The improved zombies are just some of the new features in “Dead Rising 3.” The sequel removed the time limit from the previous installments of the series (although it is still in the game under a new difficulty setting) as well as adding the ability to save from anywhere.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!
#2GambitbuzzkillPosted 8/4/2013 10:04:28 AM
So many zombies are going to die so many.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#3zerooo0Posted 8/4/2013 10:07:31 AM
I will take the challenge. I will rush in a crowd of Zombies with nothing, but a pistol.......you know why? It's because I'M BATMAN!!!!

Batman uses guns now.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#4MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 10:18:53 AM
zerooo0 posted...
I will take the challenge. I will rush in a crowd of Zombies with nothing, but a pistol.......you know why? It's because I'M BATMAN!!!!

Batman uses guns now.

LOL. You gotta say it with a deep raspy voice though.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#5grampamurkedPosted 8/4/2013 4:44:27 PM
zerooo0 posted...

Batman uses guns now.

Isn't batman like 80 now?
---
New user...long time lurker.
#6HUIPosted 8/6/2013 2:38:05 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
The sequel removed the time limit from the previous installments of the series (although it is still in the game under a new difficulty setting) as well as adding the ability to save from anywhere.

I hope the Nightmare mode also has save points. Part of the fun in the first game for me, was trying to survive the horror. Saving anywhere sometimes negates both the surviving and the horror.
#7MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 2:39:41 PM
HUI posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
The sequel removed the time limit from the previous installments of the series (although it is still in the game under a new difficulty setting) as well as adding the ability to save from anywhere.

I hope the Nightmare mode also has save points. Part of the fun in the first game for me, was trying to survive the horror. Saving anywhere sometimes negates both the surviving and the horror.

I think they said that in nightmare mode, you'll be timed, and you can't save anywhere, like you can in the lower difficulty setting.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#8HUIPosted 8/6/2013 2:57:02 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
HUI posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

I think they said that in nightmare mode, you'll be timed, and you can't save anywhere, like you can in the lower difficulty setting.

By that you mean, you CAN save, but you can't save anywhere you want? I hope that's true.
#9MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 2:58:41 PM
HUI posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
HUI posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

By that you mean, you CAN save, but you can't save anywhere you want? I hope that's true.

I saw the interview a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure they said in nightmare mode, you can only save at certain places, and not anywhere like in the lower difficulty setting.
---
Dost thou even hoist?