Xbox One FAQs V1.0

#31ILikesCheesePosted 8/7/2013 2:29:38 PM(edited)
Top_Bloke posted...
About the System:

Kinect 2.0

All Xbox One consoles will ship with a Kinect 2.0 as standard.

The Kinect can be turned completely off, or put in to a sleep mode.

Wait a minute..."The Kinect can be turned completely off" is completely a misnomer at this point in time.

I think you know very well that this is a very - ahem - "sticky" issue with many people because the Kinect 2.0 CANNOT be turned completely off....regardless of any double-speak Microsoft tries to spin on this issue by saying 'menu settings' can turn the Kinect 'off' or place it in 'sleep mode.'

Since the Kinect 2.0 connections cannot be severed from the main Xbox One console or the Kinect's power cord removed without the Xbox One console going into a functionless "stand-by" mode, the Kinect can thus NOT be truly "turned off."

This "feature" of the Xbox One may be changed at some point in the future or before launch, but for now it is Microsoft's official stance on the subject.

-
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#32N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 8/7/2013 4:12:50 PM
HDD is replaceable. Just not swappable.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 4GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia EVGA GTX 570 1.2GB GDDr5
#33MrImpatient35Posted 8/7/2013 8:42:52 PM
I have a link listing the unique features of X1. Is that worthy to be added to this sticky, so people are fully aware of what they're getting?
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!
#34Chao_YunPosted 8/8/2013 3:23:20 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Top_Bloke posted...
About the System:

Kinect 2.0

All Xbox One consoles will ship with a Kinect 2.0 as standard.

Wait a minute..."The Kinect can be turned completely off" is completely a misnomer at this point in time.

I think you know very well that this is a very - ahem - "sticky" issue with many people because the Kinect 2.0 CANNOT be turned completely off....regardless of any double-speak Microsoft tries to spin on this issue by saying 'menu settings' can turn the Kinect 'off' or place it in 'sleep mode.'

Since the Kinect 2.0 connections cannot be severed from the main Xbox One console or the Kinect's power cord removed without the Xbox One console going into a functionless "stand-by" mode, the Kinect can thus NOT be truly "turned off."

This "feature" of the Xbox One may be changed at some point in the future or before launch, but for now it is Microsoft's official stance on the subject.

-

Yes, misinformation should not be spread, unless Microsoft has recently announced that Kinect 2.0 is an accessory. If so, I missed the memo. With most electronic devices, you can unplug them. Without batteries, they are off. The problem with the Xbone is that when you unplug your Kinect 2.0, you can no longer use the console. Pencils are 'off,' the Kinect 2.0 is not, unless you want to disable TV, sports, GAMES, etc. I'll sidestep the NSA, but misleading people isn't funny.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#35BigBOO2UPosted 8/8/2013 8:39:58 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Top_Bloke posted...

TC - If you are going to post "facts" about the Xbox One, make sure you post facts

MODS - If you are going to grant a topic a sticky, put your personal biases aside and make sure the content in the thread is truthful and not Public Relations jargon.

Thank you.

-
---
Who knew that failing to put a "?" at the end of a sentence will bring down the wrath of the Mods on you for "Trolling" ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
#36Decimator11Posted 8/8/2013 9:37:40 AM
There's a headset in the box.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#37ILikesCheesePosted 8/8/2013 10:20:12 AM
Decimator11 posted...
There's a headset in the box.

There's also a **** in the box that really sticks it too you.

:)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#38jakethenoobPosted 8/8/2013 12:31:41 PM(edited)
>no backwards compatibility
>XBLA games don't transfer over
>can't remove HDDs
>bigger than an original 360
>XBL still $60 but with more focus on advertisements
>Kinect has to be plugged in all the time even if you're not using it
>$500

Microsoft is making it really hard for me to ever want to buy this thing...
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#39Ryan-06Posted 8/8/2013 1:43:05 PM
lol. nice.
---
We'll bang? http://i.imgur.com/TUf4vEL.gif
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada. US is meh :)
#40Top_Bloke(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 8:52:54 AM
BigBOO2U posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Top_Bloke posted...

TC - If you are going to post "facts" about the Xbox One, make sure you post facts

MODS - If you are going to grant a topic a sticky, put your personal biases aside and make sure the content in the thread is truthful and not Public Relations jargon.

Thank you.

-

Just going off what I read here, sorry.

news.xbox.com/2013/06/privacy

Not sure what else I should use that isn't rumour?