Question for all of the kinect haters

#11IronSasquatchPosted 8/6/2013 11:35:45 AM
Yeah, my friend has a Kinect and I've used it plenty of times at his house. I'll admit that it's fun...for a couple hours. Then the novelty of it wears off and I want to go back to just playing video games the way I like to...with a controller. Not with motion controls.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#12djrudenPosted 8/6/2013 11:37:09 AM
I haven't seen a single game I would want to play that required kinect. I have the vision cam tho and saw how poorly microsoft supported their accessories and how little they can do.
#13bob15xPosted 8/6/2013 11:38:39 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
Kinect was cool in a try it once and say "ooh neat" and then unplug it. Mine has been used maybe 5 or 6 times since launch, and then only when a buddy was over - and drunk - and wanted to see what it was all about.

While I appreciate the tech, I just have no want or need for it.

but is that because developers havent supported it with content that could be appealing?

with every xbox one coming with a kinect that could change.
#14CyberneticRatPosted 8/6/2013 11:42:53 AM
It seems like MS is looking at enhancing the controller with the Kinect 2 rather than replacing it. Name me one game on the XB1 besides Fantasia that you need to stand up and flail your arms about for. Not sure about that Kinect Rivals game.

The Kinect recognizing who picks up which controller and adjusting accordingly, pushing zombies away in Dead Rising 3 by pushing the controller forward and other such stuff.

If MS really wanted motion gaming to be the future, they'd have kids flailing their arms about on stage but nope. Not a single kid in sight.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#15IronSasquatchPosted 8/6/2013 11:46:27 AM
CyberneticRat posted...
It seems like MS is looking at enhancing the controller with the Kinect 2 rather than replacing it. Name me one game on the XB1 besides Fantasia that you need to stand up and flail your arms about for. Not sure about that Kinect Rivals game.

The Kinect recognizing who picks up which controller and adjusting accordingly, pushing zombies away in Dead Rising 3 by pushing the controller forward and other such stuff.

If MS really wanted motion gaming to be the future, they'd have kids flailing their arms about on stage but nope. Not a single kid in sight.

I'm confused...are you referring to the XBox One or the XBox? Serious question.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#16Dev0311Posted 8/6/2013 11:48:47 AM
Kinect is actually fun. But not worth all the extra baggage like product advertising and NSA surveillance.
#17yazman666Posted 8/6/2013 12:00:53 PM
In my case i did try it and it did not offer anything i want....i dont have a kid yet maybe that would make me think different about the peripheral but right now and as i said before KINECT STANDS AS MY WORST GAMING INVESTMENT of all times ..
---
Death is hereditary.
Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
#18CyberneticRatPosted 8/6/2013 12:02:38 PM
IronSasquatch posted...
CyberneticRat posted...

I'm confused...are you referring to the XBox One or the XBox? Serious question.

Well obviously the Xbox One since the OxBox doesn't even have Kinect.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#19bob15xPosted 8/6/2013 12:02:59 PM
Dev0311 posted...
Kinect is actually fun. But not worth all the extra baggage like product advertising and NSA surveillance.

You mean the extra baggage that people that no one should listen to perceive as product advertising and NSA
#20MetroidFan9999Posted 8/6/2013 12:04:57 PM
bob15x posted...
Dev0311 posted...

You mean the extra baggage that people that no one should listen to perceive as product advertising and NSA

HAH!

MS has already admitted that they designed the Xbox one and Kinect implementation specifically around advertising!

And MS is buddy buddy with the NSA, and more than willing to comply with their kinect implementation!

Your charades are up! Enough with this ignorant tomfoolery!
---
Preordered PS4 and Xbox ONE.
"Will flip the One" - Trinity