XBone worth it for Japanese games / JRPG lovers that loathe western games?

#11XenobowPosted 8/6/2013 10:23:44 AM
I would tell them to wait for Japanese exclusives on Xbox One, then you buy it if you want and do not buy one before.
#12sworderPosted 8/6/2013 10:30:26 AM
Obviously get a PS4
#13supermoc10Posted 8/6/2013 10:39:55 AM
Xenobow posted...
I would tell them to wait for Japanese exclusives on Xbox One, then you buy it if you want and do not buy one before.

I doubt there are going to be Japanese exclusives on Xbox One. MS doesn't like Japan (they even called it a "Tier 2" country) and Japan does not like MS at all (OG Xbox sold 6 million, 360 sold 1.5 despite games like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and Vesperia). MS are lucky if they get Japanese games at all other than from Square Enix, Capcom, SEGA and Namco.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#14LithiumDeal26Posted 8/7/2013 11:03:12 AM
supermoc10 posted...
Xenobow posted...

I doubt there are going to be Japanese exclusives on Xbox One. MS doesn't like Japan (they even called it a "Tier 2" country) and Japan does not like MS at all (OG Xbox sold 6 million, 360 sold 1.5 despite games like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and Vesperia). MS are lucky if they get Japanese games at all other than from Square Enix, Capcom, SEGA and Namco.

Japan as a nation has a very strong consumer loyalty when it comes to domestic products and companies, so Nintendo and eventually Sony, have always been able to tap into the market back better than a foreign company like Microsoft. I have always felt it has been widely known over the past few generations of consoles that Sony has far more access to JRPGs to localize and ship over, so no reason to think the next gen is going to change.
---
XBL- LithiumDeal
#15SilentS89Posted 8/7/2013 11:09:20 AM
userfrigginame posted...
aside from some Team Ninja games.

It was really Itagaki that loved the Xbox, I can't think of a single Xbox Exclusive Team Ninja game since Hayashi took the reins.
#16MetroidFan9999Posted 8/7/2013 11:12:41 AM
MS paid for the few Japanese RPG's on the system. Seriously, look at the list for the past three years, they have long given up on this market.
---
Preordered PS4 and Xbox ONE.
"Will flip the One" - Trinity
#17reincarnator07Posted 8/7/2013 12:59:36 PM
If you want JRPGs, you should go pick up a 3DS.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#18konohaJouninPosted 8/7/2013 2:18:02 PM
-GLICE- posted...
For the millions of people in the world who love Japanese games and hate shooters and western games in general, what would you say to them about the XBone? Would you tell them to buy the XB1?

Why would you try to convince them to get it in the first place knowing that they won't like the vast majority of games released for it? What's up with you people who feel like it's your duty to be a salesman for MS? I fit into the category of gamers you're talking about and there's nothing anyone could say that would convince me to buy any MS console. I know enough about MS and their consoles to know that I don't like them.
#19garrmanPosted 8/11/2013 5:23:15 AM
^ I agree with konoha jounin, there is nothing anyone could do to convince me to buy an x1 or anything else Microsoft for that matter, I might not get a ps4 until kh3 comes out but I will never do anything with an x1
#20avidgamer4Posted 8/11/2013 5:57:22 AM
-GLICE- posted...
For the millions of people in the world who love Japanese games and hate shooters and western games in general, what would you say to them about the XBone? Would you tell them to buy the XB1?

Millions??? JRPGs did not sell alot on the Xbox 360 except for Final Fantasy of course.