just spoke to a time warner executive

#11Laylow12Posted 8/6/2013 11:50:18 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
I just realized, I'm only 13 years old I don't even have bills or even know about money at all.

LOL

DIAREAH

Lol, nice.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#12grampamurked(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 11:54:12 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
The TWCTV app isn't necessarily all the channels. I have it on Roku, and where I live the app has none of the networks (NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC) and no ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU even though I get all those channels through my cable subscription. Maybe they'll expand the functionality eventually, but as it stands the TWCTV app kinda sucks since those are the channels I watch the most.

Hmm. My app has all the channels. Even gives me options to set up my guide to only include the channels I watch which my box wont do so I have to wade through hundreds of channels I dont watch just to get to the ones I do. Also of note my app allows me to request only certain types of programming is displayed, like action or comedy or news etc
---
New user...long time lurker.
#13BudWisenheimerPosted 8/6/2013 12:22:04 PM
grampamurked posted...
If true that will be pretty sweet cause I use that app on my tablet and it's better than the functionality of their actual cable box.

Confirmed over a month ago:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/28/time-warner-cable-app-coming-to-xbox-360-later-this-summer

#14SunDevil77Posted 8/6/2013 12:23:30 PM
Google Fiber is a godsend.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#15VeryDarkSoulPosted 8/6/2013 12:31:00 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
That last part is the most important.

lol

So you rent a set top for $9.99 a month.

Over the course of the X1's life, probably around 7 years... you will save $839.16. Your X1 will basically pay for itself. This also assumes set boxes will still cost around $10 a month which I highly doubt.

Or you can just not pay for cable and save $8,400!
---
Ron Paul 2012
#16shawnmckPosted 8/6/2013 12:35:20 PM(edited)
djruden posted...
Cable television is an over-priced, dying medium. I'll stilck with netflix and hulu. Let me know when they finally charge on a per-channel basis and I might consider paying for streaming tv. Haven't paid for cable tv or satellite for a decade now so I don't forsee ever needing it.

^ This
I don't even watch tv anymore...as there is nothing worth watching anymore.
Plus, Cable screws you...they charge for channels you never watch, but conveniently leave out channels that you might be interested in, just so that they can charge you extra. No-Thank's.
But that's just me.
#17grampamurked(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 1:18:47 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
grampamurked posted...
If true that will be pretty sweet cause I use that app on my tablet and it's better than the functionality of their actual cable box.

Confirmed over a month ago:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/28/time-warner-cable-app-coming-to-xbox-360-later-this-summer

nice
---
New user...long time lurker.