Message board gamers more concerned for X1/PS4 console war than next gen games

#1eastofeastsidePosted 8/6/2013 3:54:40 PM
Fear for the next gen with the obsession on specs and other non-game features of X1/PS4 console war masking a lack of real interest/enthusiasm for next gen games.

Console gaming doomed if true.
#2GondolinRisesPosted 8/6/2013 4:20:12 PM
I think it's a case of people being bored. Although a lot of it is trolling and some of it is reputation management.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#3MrImpatient35Posted 8/6/2013 4:26:47 PM
I think it's mainly because arguing about who has the better launch lineup of games would be heavily one-sided (X1).
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!
#4GondolinRisesPosted 8/6/2013 4:33:29 PM
I think it's mainly because arguing about who has the better launch lineup of games would be heavily one-sided (X1).

Which is totally and utterly your subjective opinion. An opinion a lot of people don't share. So stating it as a fact could be problematic.
---
#5eastofeastside(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 4:34:24 PM
I'm bored of specs/feature war and general MS bashing. It's old and tired, don't even feel defensive about it anymore.

Even if u are never getting an X1/love PS4, start talking about games people.

Maybe if the Xbox fans would talk about games they are interested in more and stop feeding the trolls the situation will actually improve.
#6GondolinRisesPosted 8/6/2013 4:35:37 PM
Maybe if the Xbox fans would talk about games they are interested in more and stop feeding the trolls the situation will actually improve.

Yes but they don't do that. They'd prefer to make outrageous topics gloating about some ill-conceived superiority based on pure subjective speculation.
---
#7BSerenityPosted 8/6/2013 4:37:34 PM
eastofeastside posted...
Fear for the next gen with the obsession on specs and other non-game features of X1/PS4 console war masking a lack of real interest/enthusiasm for next gen games.

Console gaming doomed if true.

A lot of people are feeling like revenge is in order for the crazy bull that took place when the PS3 board came up before the release. Same crap, different generation. Nothing will change.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#8SomboSteelPosted 8/6/2013 4:39:15 PM
GondolinRises posted...

Yes but they don't do that. They'd prefer to make outrageous topics gloating about some ill-conceived superiority based on pure subjective speculation.

Can i just ask, why is it wrong for people on the Xbox One board to claim/want to believe that the Xbox One will be the better console?
#9Skynet82997Posted 8/6/2013 4:41:48 PM
GondolinRises posted...

Not true - and you know it. You're one of the worst offenders here with creating baiting topics and subtly (and not so subtly) insulting anyone who is getting an XB1.

When we do try and make a positive thread discussing the games, you guys make sure to come in and remind everyone of the superior PS4 games. It's as if you simply can't allow positive discussion of X1 games without making sure we all know who's boss. It's ridiculous.

And then you sit back and point the finger at people who are actually getting the console as trolling, while you and your cronies have repeatedly admitted you have no intention of getting the console and are just here to gloat about the PS4 at every possible opportunity.

All anyone has to do is view the majority of your posts to see that you're full of ****.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#10GondolinRisesPosted 8/6/2013 4:42:22 PM
Can i just ask, why is it wrong for people on the Xbox One board to claim/want to believe that the Xbox One will be the better console?

Nothing if we look at it in a vacuum. It's when those types start trying to rub it in everyone's face. That's when it becomes obnoxious.
---