Saw the trailer for RYSE.

#1SolidKnightPosted 8/6/2013 6:19:05 PM
Massively disappointed. Is this what they plan to do with a more powerful console? To make QTE: The Game? The entire trailer was a massive QTE fest with a highly scripted environment. I have to ask, where's the game?
#2SunDevil77Posted 8/6/2013 6:20:20 PM
In my shorts, come and get it.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#3ElPolloDiablo87Posted 8/6/2013 6:21:48 PM
It's not a QTE. The button presses to get the execution are entirely optional, you just get bonuses for doing them with good timing. If you're so against pressing buttons just sit back and watch the cinematic finisher.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#4Top_BlokePosted 8/6/2013 6:25:02 PM
The trailer wasn't great.
Even Crytek said it didn't show the game well.

I'm hopeful we see something more encouraging at a later date.

Have a little google for the game if you're interested in getting some more up-to-date information on the game.
#5ChickenfrogmanPosted 8/6/2013 6:38:42 PM
The game's a glorified tech demo that only the most diehard Xbone apologists are protecting. Don't bother.
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#6DelRowePosted 8/6/2013 6:45:47 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
It's not a QTE. The button presses to get the execution are entirely optional, you just get bonuses for doing them with good timing. If you're so against pressing buttons just sit back and watch the cinematic finisher.

That sounds even worse. Cinematic finishers every 10 seconds? Lol.
---
You are not in control.
#7MrImpatient35Posted 8/6/2013 7:09:54 PM
The trailer was admittedly horrible, but the actual game, from what I've seen/read, is a lot better than that trailer showed. They shot themselves in the foot showing that. Knowing what I know about the game, from all the dev interviews and articles, I definitely have my eye on that game.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!
#8Top_BlokePosted 8/6/2013 7:12:00 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
The trailer was admittedly horrible, but the actual game, from what I've seen/read, is a lot better than that trailer showed. They shot themselves in the foot showing that. Knowing what I know about the game, from all the dev interviews and articles, I definitely have my eye on that game.

Yeah, I enjoy the information you provide - I've been taking an interest in the game as it looks visually amazing, so it'd be great if it had a backbone to hold the game together.

I'd be a nice game to show off some next-gen power to mates, but I'd only buy it if it was actually fun to play.
#9BSerenityPosted 8/6/2013 7:29:19 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...

They need to shut up and show it. Stop with the talking points, stop with the back peddling.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#10teehee23Posted 8/6/2013 7:32:50 PM
As true hardcore oldschool gamers we agree, Ryse: Son of Rome looks the mostest fun.
The trailer always gimme the goosebumps with awesome action!
---
I don't deserve to be so happy. She luvs me.