Xbox One is a true generation console.

#1DerekRossPosted 8/6/2013 11:24:41 PM
The Xbox One is moving forward. We are moving to a new era of cloud and digital entertainment. We will be utilizing the power of cloud to enhance our experience whether it is to game or watch tv. The Kinect sensor is now integrated to the system in a way developers can now utilize it without worrying who can use it or who can't. These benefits can't be done with any last generation consoles.

-Multi-tasking gaming: Play game and pause your game to check up on another activity like pick up a call on Skype.

-Kinect: Like it or hate, Kinect is a impressive piece of hardware. Turn on the console the instant you enter the room, instantly get to your entertainment the instant you want them. People tend to forget that Kinect is not just an expansion to your gaming experience. It also enhance the way you do things and make them easier. No more entering a 25 digit code to redeem your content.

-Cloud: Better matchmaking, better server and better experience only possibly with cloud. Graphic won't be improved much but the cloud could enhance your experience loading things as AI to make them smarter. Every game will be on dedicated servers.

-Device Interaction: Interact will all sorts of device with the Xbox One from phones to tablets. Everything is connected through the cloud.

**HDMI in and out: Plug in your 360 and play an Xbox One and 360 game simultaneously with snap!** Seriously though the possibility is almost limitless.

The Xbox One is moving forward with technology. The PS4 is more of the same from the seventh generation but prettier.
#2RaTedRoGeRPosted 8/6/2013 11:27:56 PM
ok
---
If you can't at least admit that your competition deserves some respect then you do not deserve it yourself - christiankid7
#3METALINGUS5150Posted 8/6/2013 11:31:58 PM
Sure I'll bite.
A lot of people don't care about Kinect and aren't buying the Xbox One for that reason. Kinect isn't innovative and it will be mostly voice commands because taking your hands off the controller during a game that requires a controller will break the experience. Plus not every game will have dedicated servers, they're there to be used at a cost but not everyone will opt in. Plus do you really want your system to be gimped because it relies on the cloud? Another thing is cloud can be used on the PS4 as well, not unique to Xbox One, but I still want power to be in the console and not on the internet.
#4Top_BlokePosted 8/6/2013 11:33:39 PM
Glad to see your enthusiasm for the X1

It is very exciting and Nov can't come soon enough.

The cloud and Kinect are such wildcards - could be everything, could be nothing.

They have the potential to really make the system stand out from the crowd, or they could be expensive flops - time will tell.

I'm hoping, from a gaming industry perspective and as an avid gamer that it really hits the mark.
While Sony continues to produce fantastic 1st party gaming.
#5SaintFC_Posted 8/6/2013 11:40:52 PM
DerekRoss posted...
**HDMI in and out: Plug in your 360 and play an Xbox One and 360 game simultaneously with snap!**

Why would you want to play two games simultaneously????? What benefit is that? In fact, how would you play two games at the same time??

More pointlessness, like watching your TV through your Xbox on your TV.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#6Ryan-06Posted 8/6/2013 11:42:20 PM
RaTedRoGeR posted...
ok

Its also a good home heater when winter rolls along.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Trying to move to Canada. US sucks =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvtJ_XC2bz8
#7Top_BlokePosted 8/6/2013 11:47:14 PM
SaintFC_ posted...
DerekRoss posted...
**HDMI in and out: Plug in your 360 and play an Xbox One and 360 game simultaneously with snap!**

Why would you want to play two games simultaneously????? What benefit is that? In fact, how would you play two games at the same time??

Not the greatest benefit, but I'd imagine if you have long loading times for an MP game, you can jump onto another game while you wait for the MP game to find a match.

As for the TV it's just a bit of ease of use - no control required + the added features the X1 gives to the TV experience (Fantasy Sports, Digital Guide etc.)

And a lot of people have their console hooked up to a PC Monitor (I often do it myself) or the like, which allows that screen to be a TV.
#8SaintFC_Posted 8/6/2013 11:55:16 PM
Top_Bloke posted...
SaintFC_ posted...
DerekRoss posted...

Not the greatest benefit, but I'd imagine if you have long loading times for an MP game, you can jump onto another game while you wait for the MP game to find a match.

As for the TV it's just a bit of ease of use - no control required + the added features the X1 gives to the TV experience (Fantasy Sports, Digital Guide etc.)

And a lot of people have their console hooked up to a PC Monitor (I often do it myself) or the like, which allows that screen to be a TV.

But why would you even be playing a last gen game? There are so many things I have yet to understand with this 'console' (multimedia box).

I wish they'd focused more on games. Not meaningless bells and whistles.

Also, you'll never be able to convince me the TV thing isn't pointless, because it is pointless. Why add another step to the already simple act of watching TV?
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#9DerekRoss(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 11:58:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2_LT2-hY41I
#10HeracylostPosted 8/7/2013 12:19:56 AM
Crazy talk... Polish it all you want, it's still a turd.