Xbox One is a true generation console.

#51HypnoCooshPosted 8/7/2013 7:12:56 AM
TV! TV! TV SPORTS! SPORTS FOOTBALL! SPORTS TV! Watercooler! = Anti-Gaming.

That's why the xbone is Anti-Gaming.

Here Skittles!!!
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#52bob15xPosted 8/7/2013 7:13:46 AM
HypnoCoosh posted...

Here Skittles!!!

some people refer to sports as games. and go Sony TV service on ps4.
#53HypnoCooshPosted 8/7/2013 7:19:16 AM
bob15x posted...
HypnoCoosh posted...

Here Skittles!!!

Defend the xbone all you want but the bottom line is MS wanted to put the xbone in every house as a media center 1st. Gaming console 2nd.

PS4 = Gaming console

xbone = media center = Anti-gaming.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#54ACx7Posted 8/7/2013 7:22:56 AM
I'm not going to read every replay. But I'm sure you got a lot of **** for this post. But I agree with your topic title.

Starting a new generation means trying new things. Taking risks. And Microsoft seems to be doing more of that than the other 2 major console producers right now.
#55bob15xPosted 8/7/2013 7:42:32 AM
HypnoCoosh posted...
bob15x posted...
HypnoCoosh posted...

Here Skittles!!!

Defend the xbone all you want but the bottom line is MS wanted to put the xbone in every house as a media center 1st. Gaming console 2nd.

PS4 = Gaming console

how is it anti gaming, and the ps4 has almost all the same media features as the ps4. You are just being fanboyish making stupid comments like that.

and my post was a joke.

but they are both focusing on games and media, only the sony fanboys somehow see the xbox as media first, games second when the ps4 has almost all the same content.

that is just dumb.
#56Viet0nePosted 8/7/2013 7:48:00 AM
People fail to realize that Sony is likely further ahead in cloud computing than Microsoft is.

Sony bought Gaikai and they use nVidia GRID systems. nVidia is the leader in off-loading graphics processing to the cloud. Something Microsoft is claiming is possible with their cloud Sony can already accomplish with Gaikai as nVidia owns the patents at this point.

Also, the way Microsoft is claiming to use the cloud is nothing new. This has been done for over a decade. Having a server process data and sending it to clients at the time of request is nothing new. Simply put, Gamefaqs.com operates in a similar way Xbox Cloud works. As users, we can post and make changes to the website in real time and when someone else visits the website, the data sent to them is updates. If a browser is refreshed, it pulls new data. This is exactly how Forza is using the cloud for the driveatars. Player metrics are stored as numbers and then downloaded to other players.

Right now, nothing that developers are using the Cloud for on the Xbox One is new. It's old techniques rebranded.
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#57kingofjamaicaPosted 8/7/2013 7:55:49 AM
Fustmonkey posted...
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Fustmonkey posted...
METALINGUS5150 posted...
You realize that if a developer chooses to rent cloud servers from Microsoft for a PS4 game that they can right? They can also rent servers from a microsoft competitor.

is this just theory now or did you have some links?

You realize that multiple companies offer cloud services right? Also the "HOLY GRAIL" of dynamic cloud servers.
Also, you're right if you were saying it's just theory that microsoft would let a ps4 developer use their servers. In theory, if a developer payed microsoft to use their azure service for a PS4 game, I'm sure microsoft wouldn't deny the money, but it's just a theory.

That's a lot of speculation. You're talking about a closed system, Xobx Live, using it's propitiatory Azuire servers for it's online service.

I don't think Sony is going to be able to come in and say "oh umm.. hey what's up guys! We'd like to have some of that dynamic dedicated server action" and get the same results.

Yes, there are other options for could servers. Microsoft owns and operates Azure servers, and Sony has said not a peep about doing anything similar for dedicated server use, which is entirely what I am talking about.

Anyone can buy space on Azure. It's not exclusively for Microsoft software. If a developer wanted to use Azure for PS4 cloud servers, there's nothing stopping them.

That said, there's no such thing as "dynamic" dedicated servers. If someone wanted to purchase cloud space, they need to purchase the whole space. You can't just have people dynamically taking as much as they need, as that could lead to massive overload and wait times.

You can, however, spin up multiple virtual dedicated servers per server.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#58HypnoCooshPosted 8/7/2013 7:57:56 AM(edited)
bob15x posted...
HypnoCoosh posted...
bob15x posted...
HypnoCoosh posted...

Here Skittles!!!

PS4 = Gaming console

how is it anti gaming, and the ps4 has almost all the same media features as the ps4. You are just being fanboyish making stupid comments like that.

and my post was a joke.

but they are both focusing on games and media, only the sony fanboys somehow see the xbox as media first, games second when the ps4 has almost all the same content.

that is just dumb.

Blah blah blah. I'm not going to get into a fallacious argument with you on GF. I supported xbox when all of my friends were all about PS2. I then bought a xbox 360 when all my friends had a PS3. (Note I did end up buying PS2 and PS3 during those periods but always stood by xbox as my console of choice).

Now I stand by PS4 because MS sucks big *** donkey *****. I'm not going to drink the MS kool-aid and will not stand for being called a fanboy because that has nothing to do with it.

I'm calling shenanigans on MS!!!

I support all good gaming but stand against MS and their force feeding of rubbish policies and "innovative" peripherals.
---
#59SirLemontPosted 8/7/2013 8:39:53 AM
When they announced the Xbox One, they introduced a number of perks that would entice non-gamers 1st. They made that the primary draw of the system, not the games it would play. They made non-gamers their primary focus, then locked gamers behind a number of restrictions. That's why so many are, even now, still refusing to buy the X1.
#60bob15xPosted 8/7/2013 9:06:17 AM
SirLemont posted...
When they announced the Xbox One, they introduced a number of perks that would entice non-gamers 1st. They made that the primary draw of the system, not the games it would play. They made non-gamers their primary focus, then locked gamers behind a number of restrictions. That's why so many are, even now, still refusing to buy the X1.

Yet, in fact they did exactly what gamers wanted, get that crap out of E3 and keep E3 for gamers. They said this right at the start of the reveal.

the problem is, gamers are self entitled idiots in general. They are all about the me me me me.

The reveal was does through media that was not gamer focuses.

that was all one the gamer not MS. MS came right out adn said the reveal was not going to be focused on games, and the games would be focused at E3, where games should be the focus.

So don't blame MS for Gamers to be selfish. It is not all about them all the time and they need to learn that.