A funny reason why both consoles are a better deal than PC gaming..

#21SinisterSlayPosted 8/7/2013 7:27:58 AM
Ch3wy posted...
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
That's an extreme example for the case, but anyone who says you can build a gaming PC that will be able to run the newest games for the next 8-10 years for cheaper than $500 is completely full of it.

This is true, but for someone who likes to play a lot of games spending $1000-1500 on a PC will be cheaper in the long run if you're a smart shopper.

My Steam library's value is about $2000 this point(from current retail prices of games). I didn't spend more than a few hundred bucks on it.

Not to mention, next time you need to upgrade it will be a lot cheaper.

I always subtract the base cost of the PC anyways. Since only the video card is really for gaming, everything else was needed anyways since we all need a PC in this day and age.

So, a 600 dollar PC and a 600 dollar console, or a 600 dollar PC and a 400 dollar video card.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#22FoppePosted 8/7/2013 7:44:07 AM
hakmiya posted...
No the important question is "would you use this?".

If you are a PC gamer and you are not living on welfare then its going to be a huge hell no.
The size is small, it has 1 fan, it has a limited amount of sockets and it would require modification to get proper ventilation. No one would cram any decent GPU and CPU in a POS case like that.

If I had a micro-ATX motherboard, I see no reason to not use it.
...well, maybe I would hunt for a smaller case, still nothing that really prevents me from using it.
It's small because it's a Micro-ATX. They are built to be small and one fan is enough.
Limited sockets?
What do you have that requires more than 4 5.25" Drive Bays, 3.5" Drive Bays and 7 expansion slots?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#23rusty12000Posted 8/7/2013 8:06:34 AM
Anyone who bad mouths PC gaming has never owned a gaming PC, i am sorry guys it's better in basically every way.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#24SinisterSlayPosted 8/7/2013 8:10:09 AM
rusty12000 posted...
Anyone who bad mouths PC gaming has never owned a gaming PC, i am sorry guys it's better in basically every way.

Oh I love the excuse about how keyboard and mouse sucks.
They have other arguments, but that's the only one that can hold any water at all. And it's really just a preference and circumstance issue. Since M&Kb is better for some games, and gamepad is better for others. But they ignore that and just say PC gaming sucks because you have to use a M&Kb.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#25XechsPosted 8/7/2013 8:19:19 AM
SinisterSlay posted...

I always subtract the base cost of the PC anyways. Since only the video card is really for gaming, everything else was needed anyways since we all need a PC in this day and age.

So, a 600 dollar PC and a 600 dollar console, or a 600 dollar PC and a 400 dollar video card.

This, the way people react that PC is used only for gaming is mind boggling.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#26MashYouGoodPosted 8/7/2013 8:38:44 AM
The Master Race.

/thread
#27reincarnator07Posted 8/7/2013 2:01:57 PM
Well, since you need a crazy expensive OLED TV to get the most out of the PS4/X1, PC gaming is clearly the cheaper choice.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#28BudWisenheimerPosted 8/7/2013 2:03:47 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Computer-Aluminum-Unibody-TJ11-BW/dp/B004MKNNGM/?tag=logicaincrem-20

Look at that...
An empty case costs more than the entire PS4/XBO console! LOL!

"90 degree motherboard mounting"

Something about that just sounds downright dastardly.

#29hakmiyaPosted 8/7/2013 4:38:37 PM
Foppe posted...
hakmiya posted...
No the important question is "would you use this?".

If you are a PC gamer and you are not living on welfare then its going to be a huge hell no.
The size is small, it has 1 fan, it has a limited amount of sockets and it would require modification to get proper ventilation. No one would cram any decent GPU and CPU in a POS case like that.

If I had a micro-ATX motherboard, I see no reason to not use it.
...well, maybe I would hunt for a smaller case, still nothing that really prevents me from using it.
It's small because it's a Micro-ATX. They are built to be small and one fan is enough.
Limited sockets?
What do you have that requires more than 4 5.25" Drive Bays, 3.5" Drive Bays and 7 expansion slots?

Thats not the point. Just because its usable dosent mean mean its a good product.

That case is trash, end of discussion.
#30NCPwnPosted 8/7/2013 5:00:50 PM
If you want to troll, don't steal posts from the PS3 board.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst