Report: Game Recording is behind Paywall. Restricted to Gold Only

#1embrandedonePosted 8/7/2013 7:28:00 AM
http://onehitpixel.com/2013/08/07/xbox-ones-game-recording-features-restricted-to-xbox-live-gold-members/48066

Love this tidbit:

"Sony’s Share feature for PlayStation 4 allows users to record and upload up to 15 minutes of footage and is not restricted to PlayStation Plus users."

*smoke bomb*
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#2HypnoCooshPosted 8/7/2013 7:30:06 AM
No worries I'm sure MS will 180 on this issue like everything else.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#3MetroidFan9999Posted 8/7/2013 7:30:52 AM
So with the One, pretty much everything will be behind Gold like it was on the 360, besides single player games?

haha
---
Preordered PS4 and Xbox ONE.
"Will flip the One" - Trinity
#4darkphiresagePosted 8/7/2013 7:55:17 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
So with the One, pretty much everything will be behind Gold like it was on the 360, besides single player games?

haha

well if they make a big enough stink about it, they can prolly get MS to put it on silver. working well enough for everything else...a b**** move on MS' part tho.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#5SandorCIeganePosted 8/7/2013 8:06:54 AM
Honestly, it won't be long before the ability to pay for a gold subscription will be behind a paywall, too.
#6chrish909Posted 8/7/2013 8:11:27 AM
Report:Nobody cares. Who would record themselves playing video games. Halo reach 4 and some of the new cods have these recording features, and they are barely used
#7JusSumGuy88Posted 8/7/2013 8:12:02 AM
I really don't see the problem. Pretty much everything, internet related on xbox live requires you to have gold. I didn't think this...or any other feature would be any different. I think the only thing that won't require gold is single player game play..or the kinect..lol. Everyone has to have & use a kinect.
#8ImThe8thWonderPosted 8/7/2013 8:23:36 AM
Probably only one of the many features that are stuck behind a paywall.
#9NatatteruPosted 8/7/2013 8:26:52 AM
Surely M$ will change that like everything else they believed in.
---
3DS: 3239-2567-4999 PSN: NatatBW XBL: Natatdood
Mains: P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - AE: Cammy/Ibuki - 3s: Makoto - MBAACC: H-VSion/C-Ryougi - Dragon's Crown: Elf
#10ViryuPosted 8/7/2013 8:28:31 AM
SandorCIegane posted...
Honestly, it won't be long before the ability to pay for a gold subscription will be behind a paywall, too.

We're excited to announce the 4 new user tiers for One: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Bronze will be the extreme free tier, and we're happy to announce that players will be able to play single player games and the exciting ability to purchase the silver subscription. Silver is our new baby, having a ton of new content in form of being able to buy Gold subscription. We're truly excited with our changes to Gold tier, which has the new and innovative features that Gold has previously had, plus the ability to buy an extra Platinum subscription. Now the Platinum, yes, this is where the game starts. Literally. With Platinum and all previous tier of subscriptions bought separately, you'll be able to play Online for the true experience of bestest experiences.

It will happen sooner or later.