Help me decide on internet!

#1_GambitPosted 8/7/2013 7:28:56 AM
Which deal should I get? - Results (60 votes)
Option A
75% (45 votes)
Option B
25% (15 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hi, I plan on getting the One at some point, but need cable internet obviously for online gaming. I have two options and need the best value. I'll also stream Netflix from time to time.

Option A:
Download: 18 MB
Upload: 3.0 MB
45$ monthly, 99$ instillation fee

Option B:
Download: 12 MB
Upload: 1.5 MB
40$ monthly, no instillation fee

Obviously option A has better speeds, but are they really necessary or just overkill? I'll not be doing much downloading unless its an Xbox Live title or something. The instillation fee is the only thing deterring me, as 5$ extra is not much.
#2LapanuiPosted 8/7/2013 7:34:04 AM
I haven't picked an option yet, but if there are a few people living with you and they use the internet just as much as you, a faster download speed would be more beneficial.

Go with option B if you don't want to pay the installation fee and there are only like a couple of people living with you.

The console won't take advantage of 12MB or 18MB, it will be limited. It will just allow you to do more on other devices at the same time without noticing any difference while playing online.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#3snowboard340Posted 8/7/2013 7:36:09 AM
A is definitely worth the extra $5, and one time instillation fee.
#4_Gambit(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 7:46:46 AM
It is only my wife and I using the internet, and we will only use the internet on the One and nothing else. No other devices or anything will occupy or internet.

For the record, I am wanting ”4 bar” connection, and not 3. Assuming we still won't be told what our ping is.
#5Ch3wyPosted 8/7/2013 7:50:13 AM
Assuming they are from different providers, try to haggle away the installation fee. Tell them you're considering them over their competition but the fee is a deal-breaker.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#6outcast1398Posted 8/7/2013 7:56:57 AM
Does option B's company allow for upgrades? I can call (or go online) and bump up my speed for like $5 a month.
#7MrSpaM111Posted 8/7/2013 8:16:33 AM(edited)
You'll regret it later on if you don't go for the fastest speed you can get. I've just gone for 70Mb fibre in my new house, I want to be able to livestream properly in full HD so this was the only sensible option for me.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#8_Gambit(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 8:04:31 AM
I also forgot to mention, option A also includes a 100$ gift card after 4-6 Weeks, essentially negating the installation fee.
#9Ch3wyPosted 8/7/2013 8:14:05 AM
_Gambit posted...
I also forgot to mention, option A also includes a 100$ gift card after 4-6 Weeks, essentially negating the installation fee.

Still haggle it away.

American cable companies(assuming you're in the states judging by the prices) rip everyone off so they have a ton of wiggle room with their prices.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#10JusSumGuy88Posted 8/7/2013 8:15:45 AM
take advantage of the power of the cloud..option A. lol. I'm only kidding, but seriously you're gonna wanna get the fastest internet possible. It can only provide a better experience for you...and if it's marketed as 18mb down 3.0 up..then you probably won't see speeds that fast in real life usage. That's usually be my experience. So go for the faster one...for only five bucks more.