Legit question for COD,BF players (please no trolling)

#1Exodus_PrimePosted 8/7/2013 6:32:06 AM
My question is do you guys not get tired of running around in COD shoot sprint shoot knife? I do understand not everyone does it. But the last time I played and watching montage videos sure seems like it. I find myself playing COD just for the campaign with each new release.

In Battlefield 3 I like how they added close quarter areas if you just want to run and gun with the capture point added into the mix. Also I like how if you play either Conquest mode or close quarters death match you have to change your strategy due to the larger maps/vehicles.

I know it's all about preference I enjoy both games for what they offer, but lately it's all been Battlefield for me. But I still can't get over how in close range the RPG does 25% damage :-( but you get owned by a shotgun (with the shrapnel pellet thingy) from far away.

What keeps the COD players coming back for more? is it the fast paced action? or just the amount of options to customize your load outs and skins?

Disclaimer: I'm not hating on either game I enjoy both this is all based on my opinion and preference, please do not be butt hurt in anyway.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#2zerooo0Posted 8/7/2013 6:48:59 AM
I'm an avid CoD player, play it just about every night, but Black Ops 2 is probably gonna be my last if Ghosts doesn't change the Multiplayer up like BLack Ops 2 did.

CoD, is a culture classic. It's like Madden, that draws in your regular High School kid to play all the way to the average-serious gamers. It also helps that everybody knows what they can expect from a CoD game, but I feel many are getting tired because they seem like they're playing it too safe so far.

BF4 looks great, & will probably be the #1 game next to Watch Dogs on Next Gen this year.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#3Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 7:02:59 AM
I did like that BLOP2 had bots in it. It was gun just to throw down with them instead of online from time to time.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#4zack12369Posted 8/7/2013 7:57:05 AM
zerooo0 posted...
I'm an avid CoD player, play it just about every night, but Black Ops 2 is probably gonna be my last if Ghosts doesn't change the Multiplayer up like BLack Ops 2 did.

CoD, is a culture classic. It's like Madden, that draws in your regular High School kid to play all the way to the average-serious gamers. It also helps that everybody knows what they can expect from a CoD game, but I feel many are getting tired because they seem like they're playing it too safe so far.

BF4 looks great, & will probably be the #1 game next to Watch Dogs on Next Gen this year.

Hi sir, nice to meet you. I thought intelligent cod players were extinct... I was wrong.
---
Common sense, a lost trait amongst gamefaqs.
http://tinyurl.com/d34tjqt
#5YeomanlyPosted 8/7/2013 8:01:39 AM
Reason they keep going back is easy, time investment.

Majority of people only have short bursts of gaming time, boot up CoD, or Fifa/Madden and have a quick burst of instant fun, fast rewards in such a short time, always feel like you are achieving something.
#6A_Hairy_WafflePosted 8/7/2013 8:04:15 AM
When I'm playing solo I go with Battlefield. When I have company over we play CoD. Haven't played BO2 though and not sure if ill get ghosts.

Splitscreen online multiplayer and couch splitscreen are the only reasons I still play CoD.
#7MilesTeg420Posted 8/7/2013 8:13:50 AM
Battlefield lacks the close quarters intensity of COD and the high bullet damage of COD. Team deathmatch isn't even the feature attraction in Battlefield.

If Battlefield could offer 7-10 smaller maps w/o vehicles (or vehicles modified and turned into killstreaks) in a TDM mode with higher bullet damage, that would go a long way to attracting COD players.
#8userfrigginamePosted 8/7/2013 8:48:17 AM(edited)
Just think about it like sports: you're pretty much doing the same thing over and over again, but with slight variations every time. It's not boring for many ppl cuz you're always trying to evolve your game against ur competition, and get better.

And when you say "shoot sprint shoot knife," you might as well say "don't you get tired of running and passing in football?" There are just all these fine details that a person on the outside doesn't acknowledge cuz they don't know what goes into the exact decision-making process of why a player takes certain actions.

I can't say specifically what made CoD or BF so popular over other competitive games, but I can't say what made basketball or football more popular than other lesser-known sports either. It's just a cultural phenomenon.
#9SunDevil77Posted 8/7/2013 8:46:02 AM
COD is an easy pick-up-and-play game. That is the appeal. I can pick up my controller for 30 minutes before work and jump into any game and go Rambo.

There's also enjoyment when you get into the higher skill level. It's the same with Halo. Tons of people are playing right after release, but the dedicated players play it religiously up until the next game. Playing with other people that are as avid about a game as you are is a lot of fun. I've met some great guys in the later days of Halo 3 and 4 that I play with all the time.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#10zack12369Posted 8/7/2013 8:49:35 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Battlefield lacks the close quarters intensity of COD and the high bullet damage of COD. Team deathmatch isn't even the feature attraction in Battlefield.

If Battlefield could offer 7-10 smaller maps w/o vehicles (or vehicles modified and turned into killstreaks) in a TDM mode with higher bullet damage, that would go a long way to attracting COD players.

All that change, you basically just made a cod clone. Congratulations. That's why I personally love battlefield. If you're bad, you get decimated. If you're good, you do great. No overpowered killstreaks or death streaks. You just have to find that one thing you're good at.
---
Common sense, a lost trait amongst gamefaqs.
http://tinyurl.com/d34tjqt