What is Paywall?

#1thedeerzordPosted 8/7/2013 5:13:00 PM
Been hearing about it these past few hours. Could someone tell me what it is?
---
God gave us laws for a reason Legion. All I intend to do is enforce them.
#2The_NightwingPosted 8/7/2013 5:14:45 PM
Things like Netflix and other features are locked behind the Gold membership, while Sony let's you use them without a subscription to their service.
#3SunDevil77Posted 8/7/2013 5:21:56 PM
Its that thing the Chinese built. I hear you can see it from space.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#4thedeerzord(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 5:23:13 PM
The_Nightwing posted...
Things like Netflix and other features are locked behind the Gold membership, while Sony let's you use them without a subscription to their service.

Why is that a problem? Its free on the PS3 along with multiplayer and people aren't whining about it? On the Xbox One your basically paying the same price for the same features on the 360? Why is that a problem? That just pushes PS3 fans to the Xbox One since they have to pay for multiplayer.

PS4: 60$ a year for multiplayer

Xbox One: 60$ for everything
---
God gave us laws for a reason Legion. All I intend to do is enforce them.
#5Ramsus082Posted 8/7/2013 5:23:58 PM
It's a wall built by the first men, made of ice and magic to protect the populace from the Others. Each generation of men adds to it and makes it bigger, and in turn sends it's warriors to protect it.
#6A_Nonny_MoosePosted 8/7/2013 5:26:22 PM
thedeerzord posted...
The_Nightwing posted...

Why is that a problem? Its free on the PS3 along with multiplayer and people aren't whining about it? On the Xbox One your basically paying the same price for the same features on the 360? Why is that a problem? That just pushes PS3 fans to the Xbox One since they have to pay for multiplayer.

What on Earth are you talking about?
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#7BrusselsAffairPosted 8/7/2013 5:31:33 PM
thedeerzord posted...
The_Nightwing posted...

...what?
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
FC: 3582-9241-5705
#8BrusselsAffairPosted 8/7/2013 5:40:32 PM
BrusselsAffair posted...
thedeerzord posted...
The_Nightwing posted...

...what?

Bumping for ridiculous logic.
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
FC: 3582-9241-5705
#9metroidman92Posted 8/7/2013 5:42:26 PM
thedeerzord posted...
The_Nightwing posted...

Son, that don't make a lick of sense.
---
Xbox One: It's Good to Pay Together.
Politics... how tiresome.
#102DshmuploverPosted 8/7/2013 6:32:14 PM
A paywall is hiding desirable features behind a payment scheme.

For example, the way Sony hides full game installs behind overpriced PSN digital downloads, where as on Xbox 360 you can install the full game from disk and play from HDD.

Funny how I never see people moan about that but it's more criminal than any of XBL paywalls.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa