Mass Effect 4 confirmed

#1MrImpatient35Posted 8/9/2013 8:04:44 AM
ME4 is happening people http://www.unigamesity.com/mass-effect-4-why-isnt-commander-shepard-coming-back/

I was hoping this series would appear on a next gen console. I'm not too broken up about Commander Shepherd not coming back. Whoever it is, they better have an Asari though! That's my fav species.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 8/9/2013 8:12:31 AM
I'm a little torn here. I love Mass Effect, but I kinda wish they'd have left the Mass Effect universe and gone to a new IP.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3Ch3wyPosted 8/9/2013 8:14:37 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
I'm a little torn here. I love Mass Effect, but I kinda wish they'd have left the Mass Effect universe and gone to a new IP.

Eh, I see no problem with them sticking with it. It's a pretty neat universe.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#4ElPolloDiablo87Posted 8/9/2013 8:18:10 AM
Ch3wy posted...

It's just that chances are they'll do a prequel during the Prothean cycle or the Morning War or the First Contact War, and honestly none of those really sound that appealing to me. I guess the Morning War would be interesting, but I don't really know if they'd make a Mass Effect game with no humans in it.
---
#5regsantotomasPosted 8/9/2013 8:20:17 AM
I think that humans would still be in it but perhaps a human isn't the main character this time.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#6Ch3wyPosted 8/9/2013 8:22:57 AM
Ch3wy posted...

It's just that chances are they'll do a prequel during the Prothean cycle or the Morning War or the First Contact War, and honestly none of those really sound that appealing to me. I guess the Morning War would be interesting, but I don't really know if they'd make a Mass Effect game with no humans in it.

We'll see.

The ME series has always been about its presentation and execution though. So whatever story they tell, I feel like they're going to do a really good job telling it.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#7ElPolloDiablo87Posted 8/9/2013 8:24:14 AM
regsantotomas posted...
I think that humans would still be in it but perhaps a human isn't the main character this time.

Humans really limit how far back in the timeline you can go though. ME 1 took place in 2183, and first contact with humans took place in 2157. So to have humans it pretty much has to take place in the First Contact war or be a sequel, and sequels will be challenging because of the three different states of the universe after the ending of ME3.
---
#8kevin1dPosted 8/9/2013 8:27:30 AM
As long as they avoid prequels -_-
#9regsantotomasPosted 8/9/2013 8:30:45 AM
regsantotomas posted...

Humans really limit how far back in the timeline you can go though. ME 1 took place in 2183, and first contact with humans took place in 2157. So to have humans it pretty much has to take place in the First Contact war or be a sequel, and sequels will be challenging because of the three different states of the universe after the ending of ME3.

I hope that they explore a reality in the far distant future. I think that it could add freshness without all the baggage of the current series.

It would be very interesting indeed which ending they take as canon if they go with a sequel especially considering they have always said that they never wanted such an imposition.

Maybe Bobby Ewing will show up.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#10WestSdeNleVrusPosted 8/9/2013 8:33:15 AM
I think it's amazing how ME3 a game that supposedly had like 22 different unique endings that Bioware was able to sum it up as one ending that we all got.....Yeah I'm not happy with Bioware after ME3 and DA2. They have to earn that love back....